Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Apr 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Star Wars, Bar Bores and No Chores...August 2017 - The Cast

Here’s our motley crew ‘polished up’ for the wedding. As I said there are five of us, Tia (17) Joe (13) and Cole (12) and my lovely husband Antony who likely won’t object to me telling you he’s slightly older (47) and I’m just a little bit younger than he is.

The two of us – well we are obviously ‘well old’ to coin Joe’s phrase, the kids think we’re absolutely ancient and when Joe was a bit younger he used to delight in telling people I was actually 70. Seems to have inherited my dry sense of humour. Oh well, at home they do try and humour us ‘oldies’ with a bit of conversation now and again, usually when their latest gadget’s batteries run out. So I was more than interested in actually forcing them to talk to me for more than five seconds on this trip.

The title of the trip? I drive a Citroen C4 Cactus in the UK (I know very marmite love them or hate them). Personally I love mine as its very fuel efficient (my commute is circa 300 miles a week so I need a car that can help counter that).

Any time I take the children out together it’s a scramble to the car and I mean a scramble as they all race to sit in the front seat – some things don’t change I remember similar battles for the front seat of my dad’s Capri. Later in the trip you will meet our hire car, there was never a cross word or any attempt to bag the ‘best’ seats (or any complaints about no room in the back this trip).

Our car was simply ruddy huge – I still miss it now even if it was a gas guzzler and we definitely felt spoilt by a seven seater. Negotiations secured her hire for the second week of the trip, as we had actually planned just a moderate SUV with not needing to carry any luggage in it.

‘Bar bores’, well Antony and I did enjoy a tipple or two this trip (well in my case usually a cocktail) and even had the luxury of a great ‘date night’ meal at back at Port Orleans – being grown up does rock sometimes.

Star Wars... well we might just like SW, just a little bit

We were really looking forward to seeing everything SW related at HS on this trip.

Returning home – Disney will always be home and there is nothing like a lovely cast members greeting on arrival. I know many of you lovely dibbers agree, in fact it’s the minute you board the Magical Express and are on your way, through the Disney arch, that’s home. Nothing else feels like it and it’s worth every hour of extra work and all the saving, it’s priceless…and finally ‘no chores’, definitely the best part of a Disney/Universal stay.

Mouse keeping were as fabulous as always and even though we hanker after a villa, I love the little touches like the room theming and the little toiletries, it’s all the little things that make onsite stays such a joy and we were looked after every bit as brilliantly by our Universal hotel.

Pre Travel Day

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power

Edited at 07:06 AM. Reason: adding link
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List