Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 May 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile L.A.S Vegas four times - Day 5 - Neon Boneyard, Stratosphere and Fremont with F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Well isn't the week just speeding along! Today is the day of the uber.

I woke up and my feet were still bloated and painful but not quite as bad as last night thank goodness. I toyed with going to see a nurse at CVS until I found out it was around $100 so decided to try some water tablets instead in case it was just fluid. I'm not going to lie I was pretty miserable this morning and really worried. I had a massive red bite mark and my shoes would hardly fit on my feet! We stayed in the room until about 2 so I could keep my feet up in the hope of not ruining tonight (spoiler it worked through the day!). I felt so guilty on the other 2 as Tom didn't mind staying with me but I felt the other 2 ended up hanging around for us.

We met them around 2 for our only quick play on the real big wheel between Paris and Ballys and then headed out for an uber to Neon Museum. Our driver was good fun and was a football fan and had heard of our local team in our small town. I love the passion Americans have for sports - even the ones abroad.

We arrived at the Neon museum and my water tablets all of a sudden kicked in and I had to very rudely push in the queue to ask if I could use the restrooms before they'd even seen my tickets. Luckily nobody minded and I wasnt that rude english woman with the tiny bladder.

Crisis averted and underwear remaining dry we moved into the museum. We instantly had a quick sit down in the shade and a man started talking to us. He had a cap on that said scarman and he explained he tours the world as he has a badly scarred body and he is promoting children to accept and love their scars and abnormalities which I thought was incredible. We then moved onto the boneyard. I liked this however I do really wish they still did it as a tour. We hadnt ever been able to do a tour on other trips as sold out but the guides were still more than willing to tell you lots of interesting bits about the pieces. The boneyard is the hottest place on the planet I'm sure of it. I felt like I was melting. They have sun umbrellas for anyone like me who may burst into flames if in the sun too long!

On from the boneyard was Neils tiny request of the holiday - Pawn stars shop. We got an uber there and his face lit up. Genuinely happiest I've ever seen him! The rest of us found it a bit dull but still worth it to please a fan. We stopped for a drink at Ricks BBQ bar where I just had a diet Coke as my legs were still puffy and I was quite worried.

I messaged my dad saying I just wanted to go home and I felt very grateful for our NHS as if my ankles had looked like that at home I would have gone straight to get checked out but in America that reassurance was very expensive. Luckily I picked myself.up out of that mood as soon as my feet stopped throbbing! You may also have noticed it is around 5pm and we havent eaten a thing yet which I don't think helped me feel any better!

Next stop was another uber to the strat where we did get food yay! We went to bar 107 for drinks which were on a lovely 2 for 1 offer and half price appetisers yay! We shared some of the chicken lollipops we remembered from a previous trip and shared some fries and bruschetta which was all lovely.

After we had eaten and I'd sat shoeless for a bit I felt much better and ready for the night ahead yay! The views from the top of the strat are beautiful and we just about caught sunset up there. We all had tickets to do the rides and all backed out for one reason or another - me and Tom have done before so we can still claim we are brave ;-)

We got another uber (number 4 in as many hours) to the D where we were seeing Friends the musical parody. We picked up our tickets and lined up for the show. A little note here is that we bought the cheapest seats and the theatre is tiny. It also meant we had a table of 8 for the 4 of us so I took advantage and put my legs up for the show. I felt a bit yobish doing this but it really helped with my aim of deflating my ankles!

The show was fantastic. I had been worried about this one as reviews were a bit marmite and Liv isnt a friends fan like the rest of us. It was actually brilliant and one of my favourite parts of the holiday. The songs were great and so many jokes and funny parts woven in. Really impressed. Phoebe was probably my favourite, closely followed by Rachel. As we left you could take free photos with the cast which was a nice touch and then we were asked by the cast to take a photo as one of their parents were there to see the show that night. I would definitely recommend if a friends fan in Vegas.

After the show it was time to hit Fremont. We wandered round and finally found some machines we'd played on previous trips which seemed to have disappeared off the strip. Namely batman and penn and teller. We also took advantage and played chesp craps whilst there at the golden nugget.

This was so much fun - really good crowd at the table initially. This was definitely one of my favourite nights of the trip. The others ended up leaving us a bit earlier as Liv started having bad hayfever symptoms. The crowd at the table turned a bit when a big group kind of slot in all around the table. They were a bit cocky and mocking peoples rolling of a dice and if the right number didnt come out - oh come on! Tom usually bets on the dont pass line which is essentially betting against the person rolling the dice but he changed tactic with this crowd round the table! We had a wander down to the 4 queens and then got an uber to the cosmopolitan purely just for secret pizza as it was late and we wanted something cheap and enjoyable!

Pizza devoured and we wandered back to Ballys for bed. I really enjoyed today.
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Oh my god your poor feet. I think I might have bitten the bullet and paid the CVS fee.

We found using Uber SO easy in Vegas, and really good value. Is the Bally’s pickup point convenient (I can vaguely remember rideshare signs on the million times we walked through there!)?

We had meant to go the the Boneyard this trip but the day we planned it, the weather was nasty. One for another trip.
Old 31 May 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I know yeah... if they hadnt have started going back down I would have done. I just thought if they started doing blood tests and god knows what it would have soon added up. The lady in cvs said just buy water tablets which did definitely work a bit at least.

Uber is very easy definitely. I wouldnt want to drive in Vegas personally as roads seem mad and I do like a drink on holiday as you'll have seen in my trippie lol! Just found it so easy. The pick up point at Ballys was really convenient, it was basically straight from reception past the little shop and outside. If you were coming in from the strip up the walkway you'd pretty much follow your nose. Never took us long at all to get one either.

I would book the boneyard if going as don't always have tickets at the door. Definitely worth a visit :-) x
Joosebug1987 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Joosebug1987 View Post
I know yeah... if they hadnt have started going back down I would have done. I just thought if they started doing blood tests and god knows what it would have soon added up. The lady in cvs said just buy water tablets which did definitely work a bit at least.

Uber is very easy definitely. I wouldnt want to drive in Vegas personally as roads seem mad and I do like a drink on holiday as you'll have seen in my trippie lol! Just found it so easy. The pick up point at Ballys was really convenient, it was basically straight from reception past the little shop and outside. If you were coming in from the strip up the walkway you'd pretty much follow your nose. Never took us long at all to get one either.

I would book the boneyard if going as don't always have tickets at the door. Definitely worth a visit :-) x
Thank you!

We also like a drink but also like to have a car for part of the stay. But Uber was brill. Thanks for letting me know the pick up at Bally’s!
Old 4 Jun 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We loved the neon boneyard. When we went I was a full week early! I had booked tickets for the following week when we would’ve been back home. They were great and let us go in. I absolutely love the Sahara sign. We stayed there our first time when we got married. It was amazing. We went back 5 years later and it had gone so downhill, such a shame.
The signs from the boneyard are my FB profile pics. I have a S from somewhere then the Hara part of the Sahara, as that is where I became S Ohara
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
We loved the neon boneyard. When we went I was a full week early! I had booked tickets for the following week when we would’ve been back home. They were great and let us go in. I absolutely love the Sahara sign. We stayed there our first time when we got married. It was amazing. We went back 5 years later and it had gone so downhill, such a shame.
The signs from the boneyard are my FB profile pics. I have a S from somewhere then the Hara part of the Sahara, as that is where I became S Ohara
Ahh so glad they allowed you to go in early! Have you seen the new night time "brilliant" light show? Well worth going if youve not seen - we went last trip and it was great. Real old school vegas feel and in a different area with different signs x
Old 24 Jul 19, 03:50 AM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

You are so funny and made me laugh about needing the toilet . Not been to the top of the Strat so another place to try next time. Amazing views. Hope by now your poor feet are all better. Thanks for another good day.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
You are so funny and made me laugh about needing the toilet . Not been to the top of the Strat so another place to try next time. Amazing views. Hope by now your poor feet are all better. Thanks for another good day.
Well worth a try - a tip is usually if going to the bar up there you dont pay admission to the top so can be nicer to save $20 each and spend it on their happy hour drinks ;-) lol. Feet all back to normal now thank goodness - took about a week once home for them to be normal sized again though! x
Old 24 Jul 19, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Good tip thanks. Glad your poor feet are ok now. What do you think it was ?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Joosebug1987
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Good tip thanks. Glad your poor feet are ok now. What do you think it was ?
I think it was a bit of a mixture - I get plantar fasciitis so think that didn't help... also heat, walking, saltier food and altitude of the plane and Grand Canyon was what the Dr reckoned - they've given me some water tablets for if it happens again but suggested I drink LOADS if taking them so don't dehydrate and make it worse. Starting a gym regime in the hope of helping prepare for it this time too lol x