Old 6 Oct 06, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Universal Meal Deal

I thought thought i'd let you know about our experience of the Universal Meal Deal.
We got the 2 park one so that we could eat in Citywalk that evening.

We weren't very impressed at all. We bought it and went to get some lunch in Universal Studios. You got a choice of burger etc etc but only came with chips and the desserts weren't the desserts on the board but either a cake or cookie.
There were much nicer things on the board that we could not have

We had been told at the desk that we could get an ice cream as a dessert but mid afternoon when we were hot we went to all the restaurants on the meal deal in US (admittedly only 3) in the hunt for an ice cream. All we could get was cookie or cake.

The evening meal in City walk was ok, we ate in Pat o Briens but the menu was only a third of the full one.

I think it would be worth getting 1 one park meal deal and getting lunch for all your kids but we felt really ripped off and we thought we would save money.

Just thought i'd let you know how we found it
mitch84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 06, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for letting me know we was thinking of doing the universal meal deal but after reading your experience I dont think we will bother! thanks for the info.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 06, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz
Imagineer

Gaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
thanks for the info mitch
Gaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 06, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
LargerBaloo
Imagineer

LargerBaloo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We decided against it as we thought given the limitations on places and the food on offer etc you really would have to go some to get value for money.
LargerBaloo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 06, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
littlesam21
Very Serious Dibber

Sorry to hear that But thanks for letting us know as we were going to get 2 park meal deal.
Old 6 Oct 06, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post

To be honest I was all full fussed to get the meal deal for our recent visit (17th Sept - 1st Oct).

it would have cost us $25 x 2 and 3 lots of $10 for the kids = around $80

But

After getting there we ended up spending $18 on the most enormous breakkie at the ponderosa each day inc drinks

we took snacks to the parks - used our Alien refill cup from last year $1.40 for refill (equivilent to 3 regular sized cups of soda) and then made our way back to ponderosa for evening meal costing $34 - not every day but you get the story!

And boy we eat well - my work trousers dont do up now!

I think it sounds good in theory! We didnt miss it though!

Jo x
Old 6 Oct 06, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell15
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for that feedback we were going to try it but won't bother now - thought it was too good to be true.
tinkerbell15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 06, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post

I don't think anyone has had value money from it. It plays on peoples want for excess like buffets do. At the end of the day if you only eat normal portions at regular meal times it isn't going to be worth it as they only give you the cheapest rubbish anyway. I thought the meals in citywalk would have made it better value but I have yet to find a list of offerings from citywalk.
Old 6 Oct 06, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
angie-noo
Imagineer

please dont bother. were home today and the amount of people complaining is unbeleivable. you can mainly only get burgers -not a choice from the full menu. the best meal we had on any of the parks was finnigans irish bar and grill. i had the most woderful guiness beef stew with mash. it was so reasonable as well about $11 per main course. so much better than burgers.
The Fairfield Inn LBV -Dec 09/ Springhill suites 10/12
Lake Buena vista resort and spa 15/18
angie-noo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 06, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
UkLad is right it plays on people excess's but I dont think anyone should complain about it as even on here its been posted the choices are basic and the deserts are only cookies, most people make the mistake of assuming its similar to DDP but thats there mistake, also I dont believe too many are complaining as the ones I saw using it where cheating and sharing meals amongst their party
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread