Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Jan 07, 03:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Fun at 50 Day 4 Monday 1st January 2007 MGM Studios

Fun at 50 Day 4 Monday 1st January 2007 MGM Studios and the Comedy Warehouse

We awoke at 8. We had no plans for today, although we were meeting Bob and Dawn in Celebration for Dinner tonight. We had some cereal in the villa while we decided upon what to do. Still not having a plan we ventured out and were pleased to note the roads were quiet this morning. We hadn’t gone far when I said how much I liked Spoodles for breakfast, so that was it we headed off in the direction of the Boardwalk for breakfast (yes I know we’d had cereal already but that didn’t count).

We arrived at the Boardwalk, showed the security guy our photo ID and said we were going to Spoodles for breakfast. He said we could go in as long as we brought him a plate of pancakes back, and so we parked up and made our way to Spoodles. We both had the breakfast platter which was delicious. Bill had Orange Juice and I asked for coffee. The coffee was way too strong for me, so I asked for OJ as well. The server asked what was wrong with the coffee, I said nothing but it was too strong for me as I’m a bit of a wimp when it comes to coffee. She took it away and didn’t charge me for it which I thought was good of her.

When we left Spoodles we went to MGM. As we thought it would be it was very busy, but we were not too bothered as we enjoy just being in there and taking in the atmosphere. It had been a couple of years since we’d been in MGM and we were both keen to see the Stunt show with the Corsa’s and the motorbikes. There was a show just about to start and we were lucky enough to get seats for it. We both enjoyed this show, and I loved the smell of the petrol etc – mmm if only you could buy it in a bottle.

I had rather foolishly told Bill I’d go on the rock n’ roller coaster with him this time (having never done it before) I was relieved to see it was closed for a rehab, although it seemed a strange time of year for a rehab.

We had a look around the very crowded park before leaving at around 1pm. We were thirsty but the lines for drinks etc in the park were very long so we had decided to seek refreshment off site. We made our way to Pointe Orlando as we love the shakes/floats there. I had my usual chocolate peanut butter shake while Bill had a root beer float. I also had a plate of cheese fries and Bill had a burger. We then went to the Bath and Bodyworks shop there where I bought some Aromatherapy Orange and Ginger bodywash and body lotion. These products were in one of the hotels we stayed in in California in September and they are so lovely! I was very pleased to spot them. We went back to the Fountains where I went in the Jacuzzi bath with my new bodywash.

I thought I’d just squirt some in the water for a nice bubble bath – mistake there were bubbles everywhere when then jets were switched on Once I had the bubbles under control I lay there and watched some TV. It was all very relaxing. Bill must have also been relaxed as I could hear him snoring in the next room where he was also watching TV.

We were meeting Bob and Dawn at 6 in Celebration, where we were going to the Italian restaurant they had found the last time they were in Orlando. As we parked the car up it began to rain. We saw Bob who said the restaurant was closed but we could go to the Market Street café if we wished. We all agreed that was a good idea. Dawn was already there. We chatted while we waited for a table. Once seated we all ordered. I had a cheese omelette, I don’t remember what anyone else had, but my omelette was lovely.

After we had eaten we went to DTD as we wanted to go to the Comedy Warehouse. The rain was getting quite heavy by now and we stood and shivered for about 30 minutes before being allowed in for the first show of the evening. I was disappointed that they didn’t do the usual phone sketch. I was actually disappointed with the whole show as I usually find it a hoot. I left feeling a bit let down and wondering if it was because we’d sampled the hilariously funny (and very rude) more adult comedy shows in Vegas.

Feeling tired now we went back to the Fountains where I went straight to bed as I was very tired. Bill stayed up watching a DVD and I didn’t hear him come to bed.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 07, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Yet another bust day. The comedy warehouse show was a bit of a let down, especially as Bill was sitting next to a phone.

Dawn
Old 21 Jan 07, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
We have yet to get to the comedy warehouse, we had a slight problem of falling asleep the last time
Old 21 Jan 07, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Aha so you did Michelle Maybe we could all go in September?
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 07, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Lovin your bath!

Interesting to hear your feedback on the Comedy Warehouse as was planning to pay it a visit in April... maybe we won't bother!
Old 21 Jan 07, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Sally,

Plese don't be put off going. We did go another 2 times during our recent trip. The later shows are definately funnier than the eary ones. We've been loads of times and one disapointment is nothing really. We'll definately go again.We went in January last year and bought a 5 day PI ticket. We went every night of those 5, and sometimes went to more than one show on the same night. Just go to the later ones for the most fun.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 07, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Where are the pictures of all the bubbles! Sounds like the kind of thing I would do.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 07, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Lol! at your bubbles, hope you had a nice relaxing soak once you got them
under control.

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 07, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Jools, I love all the products from Bath & Body Works. I love the idea of sitting in a jacuzzi watching telly - bliss!
Old 22 Jan 07, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

I would have loved to see all the bubbles LOL