Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Mar 07, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

I Wonder If That's A Dibber...Pt21...MK, Epcot & will Martin finally keep a promise?

Sarah... 40 ... that'll be me
DH Martin... 41... 'I wonder if they're dibbers...dibb, dibb, dibb'
DS Dale... 17... 'This time I cant wait to go'
DD Shannon..10... A Proper Little Madam

Friday 27th October... MK & Epcot

We were determined to make the most of our last full day and were up and ready to go bright and early. We were planning to spend the day at Magic Kingdom as I really wanted to see Wishes again before we returned home. Unfortunately we arrived to find it was a MNSSHP night so the park would be shutting early. We decided that we would do what we really wanted to do in MK and then move onto Epcot for Illuminations instead.

Shannon had insisted on wearing her Belle dress again and desperately wanted to see Storytime with Belle as she had always missed it on previous visits.

We picked up the usual maps and show time leaflets before heading for Tomorrowland to grab FP's for Buzz Lightyear. I gave them to Martin to look after this time so I couldn't lose one of them like last time and I took the kids on Space Mountain while Martin browsed the stands.

We spent a few minutes looking at the pins and grabbed some cold drinks before making our way back to Buzz to show Martin what he had been missing on previous visits... he actually admitted to enjoying it more than he thought he would but I couldn't resist pointing out to him that it wasn't a roller coaster and he hadn't kept his promise to go on one on this holiday.
We walked back up towards the Castle and had a look at the mosaic (why have I never taken the time to look at this before?)...

... before looking in the Kings Gallery as knew that I would find the Stony Creek cross stitch kits here. Unfortunately they didn't have the ones I was looking for.

Shannon was complaining that her Princess slippers were rubbing and her feet were starting to hurt. We were all thirsty again so we walked round to the little garden at the side of the Castle ready for Storytime with Belle and Dale disappeared to fetch drinks for everybody. As we were the first there Shannon bagged herself a seat right at the front and I sat just behind her. Dale and Martin hid at the back so that they didn't get picked on to take part although I think Martin was a bit disappointed when he realized that he had missed out on the chance of a dance with Belle

Time for a meet and greet with Belle after the story and Shannon's face lit up when upon seeing her Belle said “hello my twin” and gave her a great big hug.

Shannon was still complaining that she 'didn't know how Princesses could dance all night in these shoes' so we headed towards the first aid station near to Crystal Palace where she was given some cream and plasters.

I was determined I was going to get some video of the POTC ride before we returned home so that's where we headed next. There was only a five minute wait and I got my much wanted footage of the new Jack Sparrow animatronics.

Through to Frontierland next and I gave Martin the tickets to get our FP's for Big Thunder Mountain while I took the kids on Splash Mountain. I can never really enjoy the lovely start of this ride because I know what we have coming up... why can't we have the drop first and then I could really enjoy the story. Lol..

We got off the ride to find that Martin had picked up NOT 3 Fp's for Big Thunder but 4 . Apparently he was determined to keep his promise and ride his first ever Roller coaster. I made some comment about there being time for him to back out yet and we sat down to wait for the parade to start.

Shannon made another friend and spent a happy half an hour comparing school and home life in Sheffield to her new friends in Alabama while I left them all and disappeared into the nearest pin shop.

We loved the parade as always but unfortunately our position wasn't the greatest for photos due to the sun.

It was time for our ride on the mountain after the parade and all the way there I expected Martin to back out but to our amazement he actually rode his first Roller coaster ... Lol.., I found somebody who screams more than Shannon and I couldn't peel his hands off of the bar to hold them in the air during the ride.
Indian Creek Villa
October 7th - October 28th 2006
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 07, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

Martin was rightly proud of himself as we got off but we decided to go for a ride on the Walt Disney World Railroad so he could recover properly . I had my video camera out and the guard told me to stand with her at the back and I would get some better footage.

I got footage of the Indian Campground and some of the rides but as we got to Mickeys Toontown Fair the Evil Queen walked past the train snarling at people as she went. We jumped off of the train with seconds to spare and virtually ran with autograph book in hand to get the autograph we couldn't get the night before... woohoo...

We caught the next train and carried on with our trip around the park. As we got to the entrance we saw loads of people starting to arrive ready for MNSSHP that night... it was amazing how many Jack Sparrows were about, some of them quite realistic

We hadn't managed to watch the new show on the Castle forecourt yet so we grabbed some nibbles and made our way there to watch Dream Along With Mickey. This show was fantastic, although we enjoyed the show that used to be on this one brought tears to my eyes... I know I am a softie .

Indian Creek Villa
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 07, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

A slow walk up Main Street and it was so hard to believe we weren't coming back... well not for a long time anyway and we really didn't want to leave.
As we got to the Town Square the Flag Retreat was underway. We had never seen this before so stopped to watch. Yet again I had tears in my eyes. The obvious pride and respect shown by Americans for the flag was amazing.

As we started to move off again afterwards a gentleman approached me with his son and said “I hope you don't' mind but I saw you and thought you might like this” and handed me a Year of a Million Dreams lanyard Apparently his son and himself were given them by a CM but he didn't collect the pins and when he saw the number of pins I had he thought I needed it more than him. How lovely.

We got back to the car and Shannon hid inside and changed into something a bit more comfortable for the rest of the day before we drove round to Epcot managing to get a vacated space near to the entrance.

We didn't have long before Futureworld was due to close so we decided to have a couple of last rides first. When we met Ian and Lynn (Ollie) for a meal a few days earlier Ian asked if we had been on Spaceship Earth and we had to admit it was a ride we had never been on so we made the most of the VERY short queue. We were on the ride within minutes and it was actually more fun than I expected. Martin and Shannon loved it.

Off to Martin's favourite ride next... Test Track. There was quite a long queue (35 minutes) but we decided that as it would be the last chance to go on we would wait.

We actually only waited 20 minutes but just as we got to Seatbelt check the ride stopped. We sat and waited for another 10 minutes but were then told that the ride would be closing. Shannon was really upset and being given FP's to be used anytime within the next few days was no consolation to somebody who was going home the next day. Looking back everytime we went on Test Track there had been some problem with the ride

We made our way to Mousegear for a last shop and Martin surprised me with a Where Dreams Come True medal for my Lanyard and a 2006 pin.

We made our way round the Lagoon looking for somewhere we would get a decent view for Illuminations. We didn't realize how early the best views were taken as we have always watched from the Rose and Crown or as last time on a Cruise. A very kind family let Shannon sit down at the front with them while we stood further back to watch them for the last time. I always cry when watching Wishes or Illuminations but knowing you are going home the next day makes it even worse.

I asked the family who had been so kind if the FP's for Test Track would be of any use but they were leaving themselves the next day. Can you believe that everybody we asked couldn't use them and we ended up bringing them home with us.

We stopped off at the big Pin Trading stand near the entrance to buy a couple more pins and a Princess Pin Case and a Pin Trading Case for mine as well.

Shannon waved a sad goodbye to the topiary Beauty and Beast near the entrance and we very quietly made our way back to out car.

We decided on China Jade again for our last meal and enjoyed it just as much as on our previous visit.

Back to our villa and a last dip in the hot tub before everybody else fell into bed. I on the other hand sat and watched tv with a bottle of Bud (ok then 2 or 3) trying to put off the inevitable as long as I could.

I finally gave up and fell exhaustedly into bed at 1am knowing we had everything to pack in the morning
Indian Creek Villa
3 weeks in Heaven
Old 4 Mar 07, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Shannon was still complaining that she 'didn't know how Princesses could dance all night in these shoes'
LOL

Glad Martin kept his promise, did he enjoy his first rollercoaster ?

I hate it when you have to say goodbye, especially if you don't know when you're going back.

Emma
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 07, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi,

What a busy last day, they are always sad as well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 07, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
A busy day and Yeah; Martin finally rode a Roller Coaster. Tell him Well Done from me Sarah.

Beautiful photos again today and a brilliant report.

Caron
Old 5 Mar 07, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post

yes well have fun
Old 5 Mar 07, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post

ahhh what a brilliant last day... I dont like the feeling you have on your last day... Its nice to have so many beautiful memories though.
Fantastic report.
Thank you
Elaine
Old 5 Mar 07, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a great day, glad you got the autograph you were after. That was very nice of the guy to give you the lanyard

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 07, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
A great last day, congrats on Martin riding his first coaster
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List