Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Highlander JR BIRTHDAY TRIP Day 2

The Crew
Highlander: Age 40 :Chief Planner and Banker(I said Banker)
DW AKA Jacquie : Age ? : Chief Cleaner and Spender
DD AKA Stephanie : Age 16 : Main mission in life to spend
DS AKA Danny : Age 13/14 : Main mission in life Joker

Wednesday 21st March :Shopping :weather temp 82 very warm sunny
Up a little before 8 am shower shave etc,then wake the crew up,also notice that the dibb phones ain't charging at all, apologies first for lack of pics today was a shopping day so not much to take pics of, we all headed for the free breakie, now the free breakie most certainly isn't a gourmet affair but as we aren't really breakie people it was good for us, it consisted of bread(toaster on hand), cereal, mini doughnuts, mini muffins, fresh fruit, fruit cocktail, coffee, tea, milk, apple juice,orange juice and water.After breakie we waited for the LBV shuttle, the pick up time was 9am then we headed to a few other hotels but we where the only people on the shuttle we arrived at the outlets just before 9:30am, now as to why they pick up so early I have no idea as most of the store's don't open till 10am, over the next few hours we shop not a pretty sight by 1pm $700 is gone into the big retail sky but quite a few bargains are got I know a few believe the LBV outlets to be poor shopping in the last the year its seriously improved and I really like the VF store also the Nike store is much better here, although the character outlet is more a jumble sale and the Hard Rock store has closed, hunger pangs tell us its lunch time, we visit World Cafe near the VF outlet they have a pretty extensive menu, 1 spinach pie, 1 meat pie.1 chocolate ice cream,1 cinnamon roll, 1 mudslide a chilled coffee concoction and 3 juices ($35), the pies are a type of stuffed flat bread which we all share and we all agree they taste delicious

We leave the outlets around 2:30 on the shuttle and are back in the hotel for 3pm while me and DW sort the shopping the kids head for the pool, I decide to have a glass of wine

as you can see may be a big glass ,I use the wi fi in the lobby to check my email also to email Sarah and thank her for the gift baskets I also email continental to complain about DD not getting her meal, we join the kids by the pool for a few hours, the pool area is pretty basic but adequate you can only access it with room key card also another point is u must show your room key when entering resort in taxi,

After having enough time by pool we head upstairs, shower and change for dinner, dinner tonight was at Dragon Court Chinese buffet (no pics) food was good as usual bill was $77 after using 15% off coupon this incl tip and a bottle of wine plus 3 juices pretty good value,after dinner we headed to pirate golf at Crossroads $40 later and we are playing the golf long story short DS win, so don't drink a bottle of wine for dinner like me before playing miniature golf it does affect your swing I had to wade twice to get my ball back much to the kids delight, after the golf we got a taxi to Walmart ($13), I bought two new tracfones(replace the dibb ones) plus 2 cards(which by the way I still have the cards if anyone wants to buy as the phones came with 20 units each), also saw that they had the John Cena DVD the marine on sale so I bought this for DS birthday a few other thing's bought then we get a taxi back to hotel (£13), get the kids 2 hot chocolates from hotel store then we all watch some TV and in bed by 12:30am
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 07, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

A good shopping day.. i love the LBV outlets i always buy loads in VF...looking forward to day 3

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 07, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
well sounds like you had a good day

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 07, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Agree about the character warehouse being a jumble sale and have you noticed that they now have a fair bit of full price stuff in there too. I used to love this shop, but find it boring now.

Good day again, but how on earth do you stay up so late straight away - i never can!

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 07, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggersbestmate
Apprentice Imagineer

Another busy day!
Old 7 Apr 07, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-pink
Imagineer

princess-pink's Reviews
a nice relaxed day
Old 7 Apr 07, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another full packed day.

Dawn
Old 7 Apr 07, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post

A good day's shopping and golfing.
I agree the LBV outlet is improving, we managed to spend quite a bit there last time too.
You have some stamina with those late nights.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 07, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Big spender! Cant for the life of me think what store VF is - put me out of my misery!
Old 7 Apr 07, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

I don't know how you all manage to stay up as late as you do
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List