VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Talking OrlandoBelle - Live From Orlando ! Part 3 - first visit to the parks

Thursday 12 April
Manage to stay in bed til 6-45, grab a quick breakfast before heading out to Universal.
The storm has caused a bit of damage to the pool screening so I ring the Manco.
Plan was to go to IOA and ride Spidey but when we saw the crowds we decided to to to the Studios instead. In the Park before 9-30 and the kids chose Jimmy Neutron whilst I get my Preferred Pass sorted. This took almost half an hour as firstly they put the wrong names on the wrong ticket (my mam only had a Power Pass) then when I got them switched they only gave me a 1 year pass instead of the 2 year one!
Off to MiB where we ride twice with no wait. Scores are not very good, although our car won both times and I did manage to beat my hubby (tee-hee).
The girls decide they're not to scared to ride Jaws so we all ride together for the first time

We have lunch at Mel’s Diner - disappointing - and leave the Park before 1. Back to the Villa (via Walmart for a couple of underwater cameras) and the girls are in the pool by 3.
Decide on The Outback for dinner but when we get there it’s heaving so resort to our old faithful - Fridays. Only a 10 minute wait to be seated and the food is as consistent as ever. Ribs, steaks, chicken & shrimp plus a couple of beers (not for me - I’m driving) and we leave several lbs heavier & $120 lighter.
Back at the Villa we watch our first episode of Deal or No Deal of this trip and I manage to stay awake til 10pm!
Weather sunny - 88 degrees.

Friday 13th April
Still sticking to the plan so far we head out for Animal Kingdom (minus mam & dad).
Park up in Dinosaur 32 just after 9 and at last Annabelle gets to ride her first parking lot tram. It’s very busy again but we already have our tickets and head straight off to Everest. I join the single rider line but the ride breaks down and we head off to get a fastpass for Kali River Rapids. . Steve takes Rachelle into It’s Tough to be a Bug and Annabelle & I go to meet Lilo & Stitch. Our fast pass window is open already so we grab fast passes for the Safari before heading back to Kali - the temperature is rising already so we’re happy to get a soaking!
Everest is working again so Steve & I ride in turn via the single rider line. Last time I rode front row - this time I get back row. Awesome ride J
Timings work out again so we get fast passes for Kali again (first time we’ve managed to get Rachelle on a ride with a drop for years!) before saving Little Red from those persistent poachers.
We’ve just about dried out now so it must be time to get wet again! Off to Kali and we get even wetter this time. It’s now 2pm & time for lunch - Flame Tree BBQ for us apart from a first McDonalds for Rachelle. We head out hot & tired through the throngs of people. It is so busy everywhere this week but we managed to get through the rides we wanted to do.
We spend the rest of the day by the pool & eat in (steak & salad). The Manco maintenance guy turns up to fix the pool screen & put down some ant bait and we have a chat about the Villa. We’ve been finding more & more minor faults/defects and he confirms that they are having issues getting the owner to spend money on maintenance. It’s a shame as it’s a lovely villa in a fantastic location. It could just use a bit of TLC - Steve is itching to get his screwdriver out and we‘ve already been around replacing light bulbs & fixing the hob for example.
Tomorrow we’re off to the Florida Mall for some serious retail therapy!
Weather hot & sunny 88 degrees.
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Edited at 07:54 PM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

A good couple of park days weather sounds great

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
scottfeltham
Apprentice Imagineer

enjoying your trip reports
scott
bahamas 00, newyork 01,04
cape town 88/02
toronto/niagrara falls &hawaii 03
singapore/sydney/melbourne 04
dom rep 05
safari/masa mara 06 playacar mexico 07
maldives 08
cuba 2009
scottfeltham is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Sounds great !
Old 15 Apr 07, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Oops I must have missed this one earlier. 2 good days in the parks
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like you're having fun!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

88 degrees thats what we like to hear, keep these trippies coming, its getting us ready for our trip this saturday
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-pink
Imagineer

princess-pink's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great couple of days - i like the mix of parks and villa pool sounds relaxing
Old 15 Apr 07, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ambersmom
Imagineer

ambersmom's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
sounds like your having a great time,

Orl 90, Orl Clwtr 90, Orl 2000, Orl&ST Pt's 2001, Ky West Orl 02, Ftldale Orlando Naples 03, Orl, Clwater 04, Orlando Xmas 04, Miami Ft Myrs Orlando 05, Ftld Orlando 06, Orl 06, Orl Clwter 07 OrlXmas 07 Orlandoctr 08 OrlandoXmas 08 Orl 09 Orl 10 Orl Xmas 10
ambersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 07, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bowcutt
Apprentice Imagineer

loving the trip reports - sounds like you are having fun
bowcutt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List