Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mum & Daughter Do Disney Day Two

Tuesday 24th April 2007

Up at 5am, I just sat there in the dark for while, Laura got up to go to the loo at 5.15am and that was that, we were up. I made cereal and coffee I was ready to go by about 6.45, I used the time to snap a couple of photos just as the sun was rising, it was very peaceful out and already pleasantly warm.

We were on a bus just after 7am, the bus stop was very close to our room and the buses very regular. Bus stop 2 was our stop and it was the first pick up, so we were always guaranteed a seat.

Big difference in me waiting for the bus to Laura waiting!

We were there too early really and waited 20 minutes to be let in. We got as far as rope drop. Rope dropped and we followed the people in the Soarin uniforms towards the ride. I have been on Soarin in California and thought it was good, not brilliant, certainly would never wait more than 10 minutes for it.

Despite been in the first 20 or so people on the ride we were amazed that people were trying to push past us, not that they did because it’s a personal pet hate and I have no aversion to shouting loudly, what are you doing? Why are you pushing past me? People tend to apologise and drift back behind you. A guy in front of us who was about 7 foot tall had sent his son for a fast pass at rope drop and spent the rest of the walk to the ride yelling his son’s name and complaining loudly that his son was an idiot, and where was he.

I was laughing and gesticulating to Laura that he should calm down, when he suddenly turned round and saw me! Busted, said Laura laughing, I suggested to him that he should calm down he was virtually the first on the ride and if he started off this excited he probably would have a heart attack by midday. His son arrived whereupon the dad started explaining loudly to me that they had been coming to the parks for 15 years and in training for rope drops and fast passes for a long time, had his son learnt nothing in this time? I wasn’t sure what to say, so ignored him, Laura was almost on the floor laughing.

We were indeed first on the ride, and it was nice, just like I remembered.

It was then time to stop and smell the roses, literally. It was a beautiful day, clear blue sky, EPCOT looked amazing, this was our first full day and I couldn’t wipe the smile from my face.

We decided to get some breakfast, from the same place Soarin is located, can’t remember the name! It was the typical American breakfast, we just ate the eggs really and left the rest.

We rode the Nemo ride which I thought was fab and then Turtle Talk which we both agreed was brilliant and if we had to choose between that and Soarin it would be Turtle Talk every time. We watched the Dolphins and Manatees for ages; it was very calming to see them swim around very peaceful.

Next, on to Figment, a lovely whimsical ride and then in complete contrast we rode Test Track, again something I’d never done before and found completely exhilarating.

By now the World Showcase was opened and so began our walk around the world. We stopped at England and watched a show about King Arthur, it was very pleasant. We commented that in order to be the real England now they should have chavs in hoodies and the odd burnt out car.

We looked around all the countries stopping at Japan for some Sushi and Laura had some sort of chicken with rice. Both were really good and the setting in which we ate was lovely, the little Japanese garden complete with trickling water and koi carp.

In Italy we watched a juggler who was very entertaining, very clever engaging young and old alike and throwing balls into the crowd for you to throw back into various nets.

Eventually we were in Mexico, we felt pretty tired and decided to head back to the hotel for a rest. Figuring we should be tired, we’d just walked around the world!

Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 07, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Back at the hotel we had a rest and a swim in the pool before getting showered and ready for dinner. We dined at the Maya Grill at the Coronado Springs its was very good indeed, I had salmon and Laura had the ribs, we both had a coffee afterwards to help us stay awake.

We caught the bus to the Magic Kingdom and then the monorail to the Contemporary. I found reception and was directed to the Marina where we sat with a coffee and a cookie to wait for fellow dibbers for the wishes cruise.

I did have a moment of panic, wondering if anyone would turn up. Also worried what if they all turned up and they were all totally nuts, I needn’t have worried, they all turned up and only a couple were nuts! Joking! They were all fantastic.

First to arrive was Adrian Jo and Ollie (Orlandosgr8) followed by Sally and Karen (CookiesSal) ,Jolene and Margaret (Jo Bear)

Everyone got on really well we were all chatting away in no time!, Various boats turned up and other parties boarded and left and we were still sat there, I was slightly panicking when suddenly we noticed a boat come round the corner like a bat out of hell, I had a feeling this was ours! It was.

Our captain’s name was Paul, he was very nice indeed, we were soon boarded and underway there were plenty of crisps and drinks. We had a very enjoyable tour of the sights and hotels around the waterways.

Ollie was thrilled when he was asked to drive the boat and did a sterling job, he was a little unsure to begin with and had his mum by his side, and then his dad, when suitably confident he sent his dad to sit back down and carried on unaided, brilliant! He was a little star.

It was now dark and we came to a stop with all the other boats, we chatted away happily until the music began. If you are going to do the wishes cruise, I cannot stress enough how much better it is with the music, it costs a few dollars more but is totally worth it.

Once the music began everyone of us fell silent, the fireworks were awe inspiring and I found myself covered in goose bumps with a little tear in my eye. I adored it and am very pleased we decided to do it no only for the fireworks but also because of the people we met.

Once off the boat everyone went there own ways, Jo and Adrian offered us a lift, which we declined, it was very kind, but it was late, I guessed Ollie would be tired and I had no idea where the hotel was and it would be unfair to have them driving around, so thanks again guys for the offer.

Sally and Karen shared a cab with us they were staying at the next resort to us so it worked out really well, we had a good old chat and got on really well and were sorry to not have had more time with them, we said we would see them on Friday at the Epcot Dibb meet (we didn’t make it)

We were both very tired and we were straight to bed and asleep in minutes.
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 07, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
paulac
Imagineer

I love the way you have done your photos.

Wishes is just fantastic from the lake, isn't it.

Paula
paulac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 07, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Excellent report, cruise looks and sounded fab, i'm loving these pics!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 07, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great day and the crusie with fellow Dibbers sounds lovely. I love the way you have posted your photos - how do you do that?
Old 8 May 07, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Great pics Alyson ! And you look like sisters !
Old 8 May 07, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely day Alyson, love the pics - the cruise looked really nice.
Old 8 May 07, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Thanks Carys, for the sister comment! I'm sure Laura will disagree!

Paula, wishes is just amazing, I will always remember it

Suzie - The pics are done through a free google download called Picasa, it's really easy to use
Old 8 May 07, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tura2
Very Serious Dibber

another great day. I like the way that you have set up your pictures
tura2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 07, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
brody-maddison
Imagineer

brody-maddison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Lovely report, I love the pictures. I'm so gutted I missed out on EPCOT this year, another reason to go back. The Wishes cruise is fantastic isn't it, something else I wouldn't mind doing again, maybe with Dibbers next time.