Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mum & Daughter Do Disney Day Five

Friday 27th April 2007

We were up and ready to go to Universal by 8am. I had once again prepared coffee and Bran Flakes to keep us going for a while

We had packed our overnight things into two small bags and jumped into a taxi, cost about $35, we arrived at RPR at 8.45 and were pleasantly surprised to find our room was ready. We were on the 4th Floor of Tower 3 with a view over the pool area and IOA. The room was perfect!

We dumped our bags and headed out, we took the bicycle rickshaw ride across to IOA, it’s a free service but I gave our driver $20, I didn’t have anything less on me.

We decided to work our way around the park clockwise, after all we were in no rush, we had front of line passes.

First stop Jimmy Neutron followed by The Mummy and then The Mummy! No waiting at all with the pass! The hitting each ride in turn strategy was out of the window because we were just too excited. We realised that we were hungry, Laura loves the Pizza place just by Mummy ride, the old New York Little Italy bit and invariably we always eat a slice from there, this trip was no exception. Pizza eaten onto Jaws.

Jaws was a walk on with the pass and we were seated on row 6, we were in the last two places as you board. PLEASE REMEMBER NOT TO SIT THERE EVER! Unless you are wearing your cossie!

I have rode Jaws in excess of 20 times, always got a little wet, the odd splash. There is a part of the ride when your boat enters the boat house and its dark; just then a barrel explodes at the side of you. I looked up to see a whole barrel of water heading directly for me. It was like it happened in slow motion; I was drenched through to my underwear. I was in total shock, I must have had my mouth open in disbelief as the water hit because I had a gob full of it!

I was laughing a bit but Laura was creased!

There was no way that I was going to dry out in the near future I had denim shorts on! The plan was to do all the water rides the next day with th appropriate fast drying attire but that was out of the window now. I had to buy shorts and T-shirt from the shop opposite the ride before carrying on.

We played on a few of the fairground games and won a few toys including a spongebob squarepants that Laura refused to give up!

We headed for Mib, deposited all our belongings in the lockers and were given a whole car to ourselves. This not occurring often we decided to buy our photo. I handed over my resort key to pay for the photo and asked for it to be left at the RPR. To cut a long story short, the guy didn’t want to do this, there must be a lot of admin involved and tried everything to put me off. The more awkward he got the more determined I got. After we had completed the transaction, I said ‘I don’t understand why more people don’t use this service when you make it so easy’ I think I realised after making the throwaway comment that I would probably never see that picture again!

We had a milkshake at the drugstore (Schwartz? )They are totally delicious! Afterwards we headed for the Monster make-up show; we used our fastpass and we were seated on the front row. The show is always the same but the script changes a lot and I laughed till I cried watching it.

We then watched the terminator 3D show, again using our fastpass, before heading to the cheesecake factory for a slice of a delicious white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake to share along with two coffees, yum yum yum! Laura had a tummy ache so I headed back to the drugstore and bought some Tylenol extra which seemed to do the trick.

We left Universal and headed for IOA to do the water rides. We put all our belongings except our fastpass into a locker so we could zoom around the rides. That’s exactly what we did. The Hulk, Spiderman, Water Rides etc,

At 6pm we reluctantly left the park and headed back to the RPR, we showered drank some redbull and ordered a room service Turkey Club and Fries to share. The food was very good and we intended that this should just take the edge of our appetite until later when would eat again. It was so filling we didn’t eat anything else all night!

We showered and changed and took the rickshaw to City Walk. We wandered around the shops and made some purchases, mainly T-Shirts. It was a lovely evening and a band called Orange Avenue were playing, we took a seat at the side of the stage outside one of the restaurants (can’t remember the name) I got a Margarita and I bought Laura a coke. We watched the band and sang a long they did covers of everything from Blink 182 to Chumbawumba! Laura couldn’t stop laughing at some of the people dancing in front of us and cruelly videoed them. I have to admit if we sent the video to ‘You’ve Been Framed’ we would definitely get £250

At 10.30 we walked back to the hotel and watched Music and Lyrics on pay TV, I didn’t get to the end and was fast asleep before midnight.
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 07, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Sindysam
Imagineer

Good trippie, love the way your piccies are layed out.
Sam
Old 8 May 07, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the tip about Jaws, i shall have to remember not to sit in those seats! Sounds like you had a fantastic day and got plenty done.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 07, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
OOh how was RPR we have booked that for 24th May ?
Old 8 May 07, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post

RPR is a beautiful resort and the FOTL passes fantastic.
Old 8 May 07, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by buddicle View Post
Thanks for the tip about Jaws, i shall have to remember not to sit in those seats! Sounds like you had a fantastic day and got plenty done.
This was my second visit, and I'm sure we will stay there again.

The rooms are wonderful and the service is fantastic. All the amenities are just spot on! and the icing on the cake is the front of line pass. I adore the place and I'm sure you will love it
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 07, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
gail33
Serious Dibber

Keep them coming!
gail33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 07, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
paulac
Imagineer

Really enjoying these reports.

Paula
paulac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 07, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post

Great report, very entertaining.
Old 9 May 07, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Another brilliant day!