Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
The Totally Insance Sanity Solo Trip Report - Day 2

This morning I woke at the English time of about 7:30 (2:30am US time!) I did push myself to stay awake until 10pm US time last night so that I could get my body clock into US time mode but it didn't help. So I went online and spent some time chatting with my DH2B and wrote my trip report. (BTW guess what... it is 2:21am US time now and I am awake again - totally insane I know)

Well I went over to the food court for breakfast about 6:30

Had biscuits and gravy with a side of bacon. I did add maple syrup to the bacon (my excuse - I used to be American big grin LOL)

Went back to my room and waited until 8 when the man brought my scooter (ECV) around. I did get the canape attachment but removed it because I just knew that it would not be practical and work out. I couldn't see behind me to reverse onto the bus! Plus if I had it up when I went to shows or anything it would block other people's view. Tip - Do not bother with getting a canape.

I packed everything I was certain I would need in my basket on my scooter and the important stuff in my bum bag so I can just grab that and take it on the rides. (Note though that I hardly used any of the stuff I put into my basket so will reduce it tomorrow). Tip - Take your refillable mug to the park with you then you can just pop into the food court on your way back to your room.

I am now on my way to MGM or Epcot. Saw the queue for Epcot and opted for MGM. Tour Guide Mike gets it right every time. He did warn against Epcot and put MGM as number 1 on his list of green parks. I would recommend TGM to anyone. This is the second time we have used him and he worked last time just as well but that was April so not peak season. This time used it peak season and it is working again. Also got this trip planning free because we had already signed up for our trip in November. He does get the quietest park right each and every time.

Anyway first stop in MGM grabbed my camera to take the obligatory picture of the hat. Turn on camera and it says memory is full.. strange.. Looks at memory card - no memory card Doh! I had taken it out to show Roger what I had for breakfast and left it in my laptop so no pics of my trip to MGM. Maybe I will come back again to take photos.

First I did The Voyage of the Little Mermaid. LOVED it. I really wanted to do this show last time I was here but we just never seemed to do it. Defo a must do. Has all that Disney magic.

The only ride which I used my GAC on today was my next ride and that was Tower of Terror. If I had someone with me then I would have had to transfer to a wheelchair and be pushed up the fastpass queue line, however as I am on my own they sent me with my scooter around to the exit and I went in the back way up a lift and joined the next ride. Great ride. I got plenty of airtime and just when I thought it was over it wasn't and we went up and dropped again. Going onto this ride though I was wishing I had someone with me to share the excitement and fear with. This stopped me going onto Rockin' Rollercoaster. Will have to do that one next time with Roger or someone to share the thrill with.

I then went to see Beauty and the Beast. Disney excelled yet again. Brilliant show. Great costuming and singing.

The Great Movie Ride is next. Been on this a few times but it is one of my favs. I do think they have changed it slightly as I saw bits which I just did not remember but it was still great and change is good. Keeps it fresh. Still has the end bit with the Indy Jones temple bit though LOL.

On my way to the Backlot tour (another one I wanted to do last time but didn't get to do it) I passed the ABC Commissary and so went in and had cheeseburger and fries for lunch (sorry no pic as no memory card in my camera).

Backlot tour is pretty much the same as the one in paris with just the added bit of the pearl harbour attack bit. Good tour though and fun to watch the volunteers (erm victims) getting wet and doing the show.

It was very hot now and so decided to head back to the hotel. My plan is to go to a park in the morning then head back to hotel about 1 ish then go back out to the parks about 5 or so to do the fireworks at night.

Today I never made it back to the park I left the room intending on going to Epcot but on my way decided I was too tired and so made it to the food court and had a hot italian sandwich for dinner (bleugh totally tasteless)

Quick trip around shop. Did feel a bit depressed about not going back out thinking that I was starting to fail and not do things on my own but when I got back to my room I realised that I was just feeling down a bit because I was so tired. 7:30pm I went to sleep.

I woke at 2 am though and am writing this now, so possibly the same will happen today. Going to Epcot today though. See you all then.

Spent Today

$5.76 Breakfast Biscuits and Gravy and side of bacon
$15.87 Autograph book and pen (going to use the autograph book on my next trip)
$8.97 Lunch Cheeseburger, Fries and Iced T
$11.31 Dinner Hot Italian Sandwice and snacks for room of Crisps and some crackers

Total $42.91

(ps I am putting spends and totals on for my DH2B as he wants to re-assurance that I have enough money with me and that I am not going to be starving myself at the end of the week because of lack of funds. We approximated $35 a day for food and added some on. I came out with just over $500. So I think I am still on track and will be OK.)
Coronado Springs Resort October 2011 - QSDP Dining Report
Art of Animation October 2013
Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 07, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like you're having fun. Hope you get on Florida time soon!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 07, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post

you are doing brilliantly enjoy today. body clock will sort its self out soon
Old 20 Aug 07, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Thanks for writing these, it's great to follow your trip!

i'm not surprised you didnt' get out in the evening, with the jetlag and waking up at 2am, I know we wouldn't have made it back out again either.

I have done that memory card thing so many times!

Re your spends - I split mine up into daily amounts, and then only take 1 days money out at a time - it helps to reassure me that I won't run out and I find it works well.

Oh, and gotta have maple syrup on your bacon! but them I am almost an american (I lived there as a teen) - I won't eat plain bacon but I love it with maple syrup.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 07, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds as though you are having a brillant time Toni. I'm sure your body clock will sort itself out soon.
Old 20 Aug 07, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

well done you!

Old 20 Aug 07, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
TobyK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 138
I was tucked up in bed by 9pm on the first 4 days of our trip - I found it very difficult to adjust to US time, so it's not just you!
TobyK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 07, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Your doing great. Have a fab time in Epcot and cant wait to hear about your day.

x
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 07, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
go girl ! hope you are enjoying yourself !
Old 20 Aug 07, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like a nice first day. Shame the parks don't open at 3am for us Brits!