Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Sep 07, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Beauties & The Beast Day 5 Typhoon Lagoon, Posh McDonalds,

Day 5 Monday 10th September Typhoon Lagoon, Posh MacDonalds, Comedy Warehouse

I had a lie in until 5 this morning. I got up and enjoyed the early morning heat and a quiet read of yesterday’s Sentinel whilst sitting on the balcony. I really like this quiet time of the day.

By 9 Bill, Vicky and Ali were all up. Vicky was not too well so Ali was going to Walgreens to get her some painkillers. ‘I have a huge selection of them’ said Bill the drug baron, so Vicky had some Advil gel tablets for breakfast and it was not too long before we were on our way to Typhoon Lagoon. We were there for the park opening at 10. It was really quiet compard to any other time we have visited and we selected loungers beside Sea Shell landings (something like that anyway) so we had easy access to the wave pool and the lazy river. As soon as we put our stuff down Ali and Vicky were off to the wave pool.

Now a few weeks before we came on holiday the girls were sort of going along the lines of not doing any water parks. They reconsidered and bought tickets which included the water parks and PI. When they came out of the wave pool Vicky was hyper with excitement. ‘I’m coming here every single day’ she declared, so I reckon she was pleased that they had gone for the water parks after all.

We all went into the lazy river next. I was sitting across the ring thing with my legs dangling over (well not far over as I am a bit of a short whatsit), Bill was behind me swimming through his tyre thing and steering me along. As it was such a hot day he very thoughtfully held me under the very cold waterfall so I’d cool off nicely - thanks dear

We stayed at TL until the storm clouds started to roll in at about 2. On our way back to the car park Vicky asked where the car was. Bill pointed it out to her, then he scowled and looked remarkably like Elmer Fudd in the Bugs Bunny cartoons. ‘Huh it’s next to that bl**dy Charger’ he said. We all fell about laughing at his indignation. We all went back to the fountains where we had our lunch of cheese on toast – yummy!

Bill and Ali then went out as they each wanted to hire a Harley Davidson and had to pre book it.

The Orlando Harley Davidson Historic Factory has a replica shed where the first Harley was built. I was expecting a lot more from a "Historic Factory".

Vicky and I stayed at the fountains and went to the club house for a nice latte which we drank by the pool. We went inside when the heavens opened, and boy did it pour. After a couple of hours Bill and Ali returned having ordered their bikes for Thursday. They’d also been to Circuit City, to look for a Sat Nav that Ali can use in both her car and on her bike back home. Vicky was disappointed she’d missed out on a trip to Circuit City as she really wanted to go there. However I did not share her disappointment at all, realizing I’d had a lucky escape

The rain had stopped but then there was an almighty clap of thunder and it stared to lash down again. Vicky pointed out two unfortunate souls who’d taken a pedallo out on the lake, which is overlooked by our villa. They were pedaling like the clappers to get out of the rain and Bill sympathetic to their plight immediately reached for his camera and took this photo.

Edited at 06:01 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 07, 03:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Soon after this I had a text message from Michelle saying they’d arrived safely and had checked into their hotel. I replied saying we may see them in the posh MacDonalds later. Another text came back from Michelle, saying they were starving and did we fancy going then. A visit to the posh MacDonalds and a chance to catch up with our pals? Of course we wanted to go, so off the four of us went. Ali and Vicky were quite bemused at our excitement for the posh MacDonalds, but they were suitably impressed when they saw it

Here is a photo of us all in there. How posh is that

We then all set off for Walmart. Michelle an Neil had to get some shopping and we wanted to buy a Trac Pohne. Phone selected and bought we went back to the Fountains to charge up the new phone.

The girls had enjoyed the Comedy Warehouse so much the night before that they wanted to go back again. We decided to go to a later show as they tend to get funnier as the night goes on, so we went to the 9.15 show. It was a bit spooky as we were seated in exactly the same seats right at the front as we’d been in the night before. The improvisation was hilarious. I won’t go into what the main topic was as this is a family board , but it was somewhat rude and mostly hilarious

The show lasted for about 50 minutes and when it finished we went back to the Fountains. We were all tired so it was not long before we all gave up for the day and went to sleep for the night.

Edited at 06:02 PM.
Old 12 Sep 07, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post

I can understand why Vicky was hyper after coming out oif the wave pool - I love Typhoon Lagoon! Phew! You missed a trip to Circuit City Jools
Old 12 Sep 07, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
What a great day and finished off with a trip to the posh McDonalds and a Dibb meet

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 07, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Another brillant day
Old 12 Sep 07, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
anfield05
Imagineer

anfield05's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
another great day, lol at the couple in the pedallo!
HILTON BONNET CREEK MARCH 2014
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE SEPTEMBER 2017
anfield05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 07, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Aaah that poor couple in the pedallo

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 07, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

LOL at the couple on the lake, I bet they were soaked
Old 12 Sep 07, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
a good day - the Posh McDonalds is certainly different! Love that wave pool too and the waterfall is not so bad!
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 07, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post

We love TL