Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The 3 amigos christmas caper. Day two

Day two
Monday 24th December

Another 6am start today, we have the free shuttle bus booked for Universal Studios but it’s not due to leave until about 9am so we walk up to IHOP, get a good feed for approx $30 + tip …no eye candy serving us today, so Billy is a wee bit disappointed. We catch the I-ride back down to our hotel and have a Tetley in our room before catching the shuttle bus.
We have express passes for Universal and I.O.A today so no worrying about standing in line! We head straight for Spiderman and decide to join the standby line as its only 10 mins and we save the express pass for later. Spiderman is fab as usual, its one of our favourites. It’s a beautiful sunny day again and we just wander round taking in the sights, the boys don’t want to do Jurassic Park in case they get wet…delicate little flowers that they are!

Jake and I fancy doing the Pteranodon Flyers but Billy isn’t keen so we leave him taking pictures of people getting wet on Jurassic park and we head off …..and make an abrupt U turn when we see it is a 60 minute wait and you can’t use your Express pass!
We eventually come to Poseidon’s Fury and we try to remember if we liked this or not, we use our Express passes but still have to wait an age…..and its crap except for the swirling water bit at the end!

Time for a quick munchie, we have corn dogs and a drink from a cart near the entrance to I.O.A, my first corn dog and I love love love them!

Time to move over to Universal Studios, 1st stop is Shrek 4D, we love this and next up it’s The Mummy….endure the usual queues at the lockers, even though I got right up to the ones at the back….its not rocket science…I start to overheat slightly and end up locking my Express pass in the locker with my purse…duh! :angry: There is no way I’m going through all that again to get it out so Jake and Billy ride it themselves.

We get some good pictures of the Pharaohs on stilts and watch The Blues Bothers performing. Next is our first ride on Jaws…a bit cheesy but still good fun. Then Jake and I destroy Billy at M.I.B…of course its because his gun was defective!
Out of Universal and we have a look at the new Hart Huntington Tattoo place in City Walk, browse around in Fossil for ages then its time for Bubba Gumps, getting the obligatory photo on the bench outside.

It’s really empty and we are seated immediately.

Billy has Clam Chowder followed by Accidental Fish ( Mahi Mahi and Shrimp on Jasmine rice ) and a speckled lemonade.
Jake and I share Onion rings for our starter and Jake follows this with fish and Chips and a Bud light.
I have I’m Stuffed Shrimp and 2 x Louisiana lemonades ( these are the alcoholic versions of Billy’s speckled lemonade )
We fail miserably at the trivia quiz, as i'm the only one who has actually seen the film
The meal was gorgeous and very filling, $100.24 + tip.
We waddle out and head back into Universal to watch the Macy’s Christmas Parade,

then its time to get a taxi to take us to the new Wal-Mart on Turkey Lake Road ( its directly behind our hotel ), we end up getting flung out as it is now 6pm on Christmas eve and they want to shut the shop….blooming cheek! So it’s a taxi back to the hotel $18... I think he went the long way and we get stuck in heavy traffic on I Drive!
Think we can gloss over our wee game of golf at Hawaiian Rumble….Billy won! We nip into Walgreens and we get a tub of ice cream each to eat back at the hotel. It’s another early night as we have an early start in the morning! Santa Claus is coming!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 08, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post

More great pic's, the food one's are actually making me drool but no I will resist the temptation to munch! This healthy eating lark is hard sometimes
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 08, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

That food in Bubba Gumps looks fab, mmmmm
Old 10 Jan 08, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post

awww Forrest has his shoe back one was missing when i was there.

well done again mrs, Macys parade would have been great to see.

Looking forward to Christmas Day.

xx
Old 10 Jan 08, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

A shoe was missing on 27th December!
elise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 08, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Snow_White View Post
awww Forrest has his shoe back one was missing when i was there.

well done again mrs, Macys parade would have been great to see.

Looking forward to Christmas Day.

xx
Originally Posted by elise View Post
A shoe was missing on 27th December!
a shoe was missing on New Years Day too... i thought maybe it had been stolen by one of the hogmanay revellers! Strange!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 08, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post

The Macys parade looks great.
Old 10 Jan 08, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Our favourite ride is spiderman aswell, you certainly seem to get lot's done, we'd be knackerd after all that, great pictures again aswell, must be a good camera they are really clear.
Old 10 Jan 08, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

What a cheek flinging you out the shop !
A great day for you all ...we just love Bubbas

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 08, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
wjd
Imagineer

wjd's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great photo's.

Forget the Prince on a horse, I want a VAMPIRE with a volvo.
wjd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List