Old 25 Mar 08, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Highlander’s Twisted Easter 08 Tour Day 5

DW-Jacquie (Does what she’s told when it suits)
DD-Stephanie (Princesses grow up, be warned)
DS- Danny (Here’s hoping he grows up)

Day 5 Monday 24th March ESB, Shopping, Knicks vs. NJ Nets

I was up at usual time of 7 and family where soon behind me, we had breakfast in room, and we where out by 8am heading for the Empire State Building (ESB), the weather was cold but sunny and dry, must admit we’ve been lucky no rain at all

We arrived at ESB for 8:40 after stopping for cash at the Commerce bank no machine charges here, we got straight into the building, through security, picked up our audio tour stuff, purchased a souvenir map, and we where on our way to the top by 9am,

The views from the observation deck are great, a really worthwhile trip

We left a little after 9:40 and the queue foe ESB was outside around the building, now the girls hit shopping mode, many stores, and many bags, I did get two new shirts $40, DS though got into the spirit with designer jeans jackets etc, I should say he used his own cash as did DD, in Macy’s DD got a prom dress for her prom this year and it is beautiful very Kelly Clarkson from My December album cover and with 11% discount card got it for $170 ( my cash that time), she got a clutch purse, shoes, pashmina all to match from various stores and stall’s through out day, we refuelled in a Chinese buffet $34 incl drinks, then we spotted the cowboy, now I don’t believe anyone had believed me when I had told them to about the Cowboy, but they do now

We returned to our room, finished packing and I went out to get my nephew a present while out I also bought 4 chocolate Godiva covered macaroons for the family as a treat, we had tickets for the basketball game tonight Knicks vs. NJ Nets, we hoped they’d win this time, we had dinner at the game of chicken fajitas and burgers, the Knicks where dire they got beat 106 to 91, although Tom Cruise was there and Edgar from 24

We walked back to apartment and finished off the packing, all in bed for midnight, early rise Tuesday at 6am for 7am pick up.
Foot note sitting at JFK just now waiting for flight to Orlando, not sure off internet access at Orlando so may not finish the Orlando section till we return in 11 days, thanks for taking the time to post words of praise and encouragement
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 08, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

[QUOTE=highlander447;2127131/500/medium/collage410.jpg[/t[/QUOTE]

oh no - bye bye new york - never mind orlando here you come
Old 25 Mar 08, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
m84ourlife
slightly serious Dibber

do you ever get to relax on holiday,enjoying your reports so far keep them coming
m84ourlife is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 08, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report excellent photo's cant wait for your orlando trippie
have a safe journey
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 08, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
a brilliant report so far, bet you can't wait to get the sun on your back! I can't believe how much you manage to pack into a day
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 08, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Trust you to find the naked cowboy!

Really enjoyed the NY leg of your trippie Steve - great pics as always - and am looking forward to the Orlando bit. You won't be needing those coats (you can dress more in the style of the naked cowboy )

Have a great time
Old 25 Mar 08, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
so looking forward to the rest shirley
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 08, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Another great day - fantastic views from top of ESB. Shopping sounds great and although you spent a packet will have saved loads compared to UK prices.

Hope your flight to Sunny Orlando went well. If I recall correctly you are meeting up with Pam/Bill in their villa - I will be interested to see what you and your family think of the villa.

Have a great time in Orlando - you usually do and thanks for sharing your NYC experience.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 08, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Well you've certainly packed a lot into the New York leg of your holiday. Are you sad to leave the Big Apple or happy to be heading to Florida?
Old 25 Mar 08, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
SnapperJohn
Imagineer

Great looking holiday, the basketball looks fantastic - we went to see the Magic play the Bulls a couple of years ago in Orlando and it was one of the best things we ever did!

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.
2005 - Villa in Highlands Reserve.
2007 - Personal credit crunch!
2008 - Highlands Reserve - can you see a pattern here?
2009 - Been back to the Highlands - Reserve that is!
2010 - Opps something went wrong here...
2011 - Normal service resumed!

2012 - Our Silver Anniversary trip!
SnapperJohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List