Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Highlander’s Twisted Easter 08 Tour Day 6

Highlander’s Twisted Easter 08 Tour Day 6
DW-Jacquie (Does what she’s told when it suits)
DD-Stephanie (Princesses grow up, be warned)
DS- Danny (Here’s hoping he grows up)

Day 6 Tuesday 25th March
Early rise today for everyone all up at 6am, breakfast in room, last minute packing then off downstairs with luggage, Carmel Limo are waiting 10 mins early, driver helps load luggage which has increased by one extra bag, check out and we’re off, we arrive at JFK within 25mins, pay driver and we head for check-in, use the Jet Blue self service kiosk and its pretty easy, check-in our luggage and head through security, we now have just under 3 hours to kill, kids get extra breakfast and I use the free internet to finish off the NY trip reports, we leave on time at 11am and I’m amazed at the quality of Jet Blue 36 inches leg room, on demand TV and music, snacks are available along with soft drinks, tea and coffee all incl in price, we arrive on time and after collecting our luggage, Quicksilver transport us to Cypress Point with a grocery stop at Publix to buy the essentials (beer, wine etc), check-in at Cypress Point easily, but we are in phase 2 block D room 57A with our luggage a bit of struggle looks likely, but reception get security to transport us and luggage to our room, the security guy refuses a tip for his time, the suite looks great very impressive, a few things are broken, but maintenance are around within 10mins and fix those things within half an hour,
Some pics of suite

DW unpacks while I pour myself a glass of wine, I call Gregory at Quicksilver to advise him of our block number for future pick ups, to save us having to walk to reception for a pick up, he advises me that our driver will be 10 mins late because of traffic tonight, I also call Lynn (Loadsapixidust) and leave a message for her, we all get ready for the game its Magic vs. Spurs tonight, we head down for our pick up, after 5 mins I walk over to reception in case the driver has waited there, but still no show after 10 mins he shows up and apologizes for being so late, we drive over to the other block top pick up the family, Gregory also calls to apologize and knocks a little of the price by way of saying sorry, once on our way traffic is pretty heavy, the driver takes a few side roads and we get to the game with 20 mins to spare, I pick up the tix and next weeks tix as well, I also pick up our Wrestlemania tix as well after a thorough ID check that is, we get some food from the various stands then get our seats, the game goes well and at half time I buy the kids a couple of swingman jersey’s with number plus name for bargain price of $40 each, the Magic certainly make more use of the glitz and glam a lot more than the Knicks, their mascot Stuff is very funny and outrageous
Some pics

After half time Magic throw it all away with so many fouls committed and the final score is Magic 97 Spurs 107, it was a good night even although Magic lost, our driver Carlos was waiting for us, and it was off home, we where back by 10:15pm, I checked to see if Lynn had returned our call, but looked like either I got wrong room or they where still out, kids watched TV and I relaxed on balcony with a glass of wine, DW joined me after putting on a washing, before heading to bed
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 08, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
jeanwales
Imagineer

jeanwales's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
good news about carmelimo thanks Steve

Great start to the Orlando bit of your hol xx

Clarion Inn formerly Comfort Inn LBV twice a year since 1991
jeanwales is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 08, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Phew - I was pleased to see you got your essentials of beer and wine

Seems like a nice smooth journey from New York.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 08, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Good start to the florida leg of your trip.
pics are too wee for me to see
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 08, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post

The basketball games look like great fun
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 08, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
highland lass
Imagineer

Originally Posted by highlander447 View Post
Highlander’s Twisted Easter 08 T
love the orlando magic piccies - on our list to do in october!
Old 8 Apr 08, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post

The game looks like a great night out, my boys would love it.
Sorry we didn't get your message, glad we managed to catch up with you eventually.
Old 8 Apr 08, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
donnakirby
Apprentice Imagineer

donnakirby's Reviews
Another Great Trip Report

Looking Forward To The Rest.

Your Photos Are Great Also.
Old 8 Apr 08, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like a great way to end the day.
Old 9 Apr 08, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Great start to your Orlando trip

Nice to see you have your priorities right Steve with the essential
beer & wine

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List