Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Going back to do what we missed last time Day 2 Universal

Cast - Me Emma 40 - Dibber, planner etc
DH Jim 43 - Today's photographer
DD Kirsty 8 - Still waiting for the first hot dog of the holiday
DS James 4 - Wants to do the Simpsons ride (no chance)

Today's mission if we chose to accept it was to do stuff we missed last time at Universal ie- Jimmy Neutron, MIB (only Jim did it last time), Disaster, Terminator (me & Jim) and to meet Spongebob and the Simpsons, as well as doing Shrek, jaws, the Mummy and E.T which we enjoyed last time.

DAY 2 3rd April 2008 Universal Studios

Opened one eye at 1.30am just to see if I felt better yet, wasn't sure if I did or not, so went back to sleep and dozed and woke several times before the others stirred at around 5am. I still felt a bit wobbly and headachy and had to keep having a lie down while packing the back pack for the day.
We headed downstairs and had a look in the shop there to get the kids chunky pens for autographs and a new adapter. We chose Sizzler's for breakfast as it is practically next door and it was our first breakfast last time, we got there just as it opened and the kids soon got stuck in

Honestly, you can't take them anywhere

I hardly got my moneys worth as was feeling a bit yuk, just a slice of toast and jam and a mini bagel, the kids had sausage, hash browns and pancakes and jim had a plate of cooked stuff and a plate of fruit. I felt a bit better for something to eat, was just glad it was me that was ill and not either of the kids. After breakfast we wandered back over to the hotel and waited for the shuttle bus. It arrived at 1/4 past 8 but we didn't pick up at any other hotels and arrived at Universal well before opening.

The kids loved the moving walkway as much as any of the rides, I got annoyed with people standing on them and not letting me walk past them- then I remembered I was in Florida and not let it bother me !

I felt much better as we walked through City Walk although the smell coming from Cinnabon made me feel a bit queasy, so I knew I wasn't completely better as normally I love the smell of cinnamon. Stopped to take some photos on the way

We went straight in and got a stroller for James, then made our way straight to Shrek we didn't have to queue outside at all, just went straight in to the preshow bit, James was still bewildered by the preshow but he stayed in his own seat for the 4d bit and laughed like anything when Shrek blew off. He wouldn't wear his 3d glasses though, he said it's because he didn't want things to come out of the screen at him, he'll wear them when we go back when he's 6
We got James an autograph book from the Shrek shop just in case he was brave enough to get some autographs this time.

Wasn't sure if I could manage Jimmy Neutron straight after Shrek while feeling icky but decided to do it anyway, it was only a 10 minute wait and as it turned out it was fine and the kids loved it, particularly James.

We then sauntered up to the Mummy ride, I was feeling better all the time, must have been the fact I was at Universal and couldn't quite believe we were actually here

Continued ...
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 08, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We carried on up to the Mummy ride, Kirsty said that she wanted to ride this, but having experienced the trauma that was Twister with her last time I said that she would have to ride it with her Dad. (The full horror is on my last trip report) They went off first to ride it with no queue whatsoever and James and I waited for them, took a couple of photos

I then searched my bag for tissues to wipe up the tears when Kirsty came off but none were needed as she was beaming, she was keen to come on with me and she did scream - but she screams on Goofy's Barnstormer. We enjoyed the Mummy and had a good laugh at our ride photo on the way out.

It was now nearly 10, so we thought we would find some characters. Shrek was first as James really loves him - he actually preferred him from a very long way away as as soon as he saw his green hero, he legged it in the opposite direction. There was no Donkey sadly but Fiona was there, we didn't see her last time

Next up was Spongebob Squarepants who had no queue at all, Kirsty said he gave her a kiss, James wouldn't go anywhere near him.

We walked up towards E.T and spotted Alex the lion from Madagascar on the way so I kept Kirsty company for a photo, honest, I wasn't just there to get a cuddle from a character

The E.T ride was closed due to technical difficulties so we carried on round the park, waved at Woody and George as they drove by

We were then passed by the Madagascar Jeep with Alex and 3 penguins in the trailer on the back, so followed them. While Kirsty queued up to meet them, I tried to persuade James to have his photo taken next to the jeep, he had a sulk on as he wanted to go on another ride and refused, so Mother of the Year that I am, just pushed him up to it in the stroller and took one anyway

Kirsty had a laugh with the penguins and Alex, they kept pulling her cap down over her face

James soon cheered up when he clapped his eyes on the Kwik e Mart, he is a massive Simpsons fan

We were sad that the Simpsons ride wasn't open, it taunted us from behind the hoardings, it looked brilliant too

We consoled ourselves by taking some photos

Continued ...
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 08, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad you felt better as the morning went on. Great piccies US looks really quiet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 08, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Sooo glad your feeling better! Poor James, scared of the characters, never mind though, when he's 6 he'll be ok!

Jodie
Old 19 May 08, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Next on our list was Men in Black, only showing a 5 minute wait woo hoo ! Jim put the stuff in a locker and we were soon blasting aliens, great stuff, when straight back round and did it again, actually remembered the dibb tip of pressing the red button at the end to get the bonus points, told Kirsty to do it too, just so that we could beat Jim.

Kirsty's feet were being shredded from her Skechers so we let her have a shot in the stroller while we walked to the Jaws ride, was showing a 15 minute wait which was fine by us. While we were waiting, James asked if this was the ride with the shark he had his scared face on when he asked if he would get eaten but I said no it wasn't a real shark just pretend and he was happy with that. The ride broke down before we got to the front of the queue, but it was fixed and we were on it quicker than the 15 minutes posted.

Our guide was Zach, he was great, very funny. James was fine when the shark jumped out, he said that it's OK Mum, it's not real. Jim got wet

It was now 12 ish so we thought we'd grab a hotdog and watch the Blues Brothers, but our tray of nosh was massive so we found a table near the Jaws ride exit and had Chili dog and fries ( Jim), plain hot dog and fries ( Kirsty) coleslaw dog (me) and fries (James). Hot dogs are Kirsty's absolute favourite, so she was very happy

James ate very few fries but had a lot to drink so I didn't mind too much, it was very hot today.

We walked down to Disaster but the wait time was 30 minutes so we thought we'd see if E.T wanted to go home yet, he did and it was only a 15 minute wait. James still didn't like the woodland bit as you walk towards the ride, but we all liked the ride, E.T even said our names although Kirsty was Kayley.

We were close to Woody Woodpeckers Kid Zone and the character's show was just about to start so we watched that, I enjoyed the 80's music they played - my era, we then got in line to meet Scooby Doo. He spotted Kirsty's T shirt which says Scooby Doo I love you and was thrilled, giving her lots of cuddles.

James loves Scooby Doo but was scared to meet him, Shaggy was brilliant though and persuaded him to stay in the stroller for a photo

Curious George had no queue, so Kirsty got 2 more autographs and a cuddle

Jim and I thought that maybe one of us could do Terminator, so we headed towards that, checking the wait time for Disaster on the way by looking through the camcorder and zooming in across the lake - still 30 minutes.

When we got close to Terminator, we spotted Lisa Simpson

The CM with her said that Homer and Marge would be out by the Kwik e Mart at 2, followed by Bart and Lisa at 2.30, as it was nearly 2 we turned back to the Kwik e Mart, had time to go in, loved the notices inside

James bought a Bart toy.

Soon Marge and Homer were out

Kirsty and James had an ice cream while we waited for Bart and Lisa.

They were great, Lisa signed Kirsty's book first and then Bart doctored it

Lisa then crossed out the word fat and wrote beautiful

Old 19 May 08, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We were all getting a bit hot and bothered so we made our way to the Curious George goes to town area. We hadn't been here before but it had been recommended to us and it was brilliant. Got the kids to put on their UV swim tops and then let them loose to get soaked

We had a good 3/4 of an hour in there cooling down and it was 2 very much refreshed and happy kids that left (although they moaned that they didn't want to leave). We had time to do Disaster before we left and it was now showing a 15 minute wait which was more like it. We enjoyed it, some of the new special effects are really clever.

We then made our way to the bus which left at 5, we thoroughly enjoyed our day at Universal Studios and were really glad that we didn't buy an Express pass as it was so quiet in the park.

We also managed all but one thing on our mission too ! One day we may get to do Terminator !

We caught the bus back to the hotel and as James was nodding off, we got quickly showered and changed and back out for dinner.

We were drawn to Pointe Orlando as last time we came it was a building site, we decided on Red Rock Canyon as I thought it sounded good while reading Dollar Bill and Jools's trip reports. It was very nice

Jim had the Rotisserie chicken with garlic mash and green beans, I had rack of lamb with mash and carrots and the kids had hotdogs and fries. My only complaint is that they put pepper on the veg which I'm not keen on.
James fell asleep, so we decided against pudding and went back to our room. Jim put James to bed while Kirsty and I went to the shop to buy goodies and to the desk to buy I Ride trolley passes for the morning. We got our pjs on and I blew up the lights in the kitchen area using the new adapter Decided we'd mention it to reception in the morning and had a relaxing evening watching Everybody loves Raymond and scoffing crisps and peanut butter M&Ms. Kirsty read James's Simpsons comic and had one of those vile dummy lollies

We all went to sleep pretty early, looking forward to Seaworld tomorrow

Emma
Old 19 May 08, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Brilliant afternoon, love Bart doctering Lisa's signature!

Jodie
Old 19 May 08, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sindysam
Imagineer

Great day, looking forward to reading more. xx
Old 19 May 08, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Wow you did a lot on your first full day. I'm pleased you were feeling better today Emma. Mmm rack of lamb at Red Rock Canyon, maybe I'll try that next time. I don't like a lot of pepper either. Was it on the lamb?
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 08, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post

What a brilliant report Glad you felt better, cant wait to read the rest
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List