Going back to do what we missed last time Day 6 DTD

Cast; Me Emma 40, Dibber planner and amazed that we've stuck to
the itinerary so far.
DH Jim 43 Amazingly hasn't changed the itinerary so far
DD Kirsty 8 Looking forward to spending some money at
Downtown Disney
DS James 4 Happy to tag along

Day 6 Monday 7th April 2008

Woke up at around 1/2 past 5, isn't that always the way when you can have a lie in, we lazed around for a while, Jim and I finished the unpacking and sorted out some dirty laundry to be washed.

Checked out the view from the balcony, we booked a garden view room which was the cheapest and was surprisingly not a view of the bins.

Today was nice and sunny, which was lovely after all the rain we'd had.

We decided on Shoneys for breakfast as Jim and I used to go to Shoneys a lot on our first visit and we thought that it would bring back memories.

Our server was nice, like a lovely gran, we went for the buffet. Kirsty had a yogurt and a pancake, James had sausage and fried potatoes and Jim and I just went for everything !
With drinks and the kids had 2 each, the bill came to $30.00. The food was alright, not as big a selection as Sizzlers.

We had a bit of a browse round Bargain World and got some supplies from 7 11 then went back to the hotel.

Got changed and made our way to the pool. The laundry is very close to the pool which was great as I could put the washing in on the way and was handy for when it had to go in the dryer.

We had a great time in the pool, there is a great python slide which we had a blast on, unfortunately for James he was too short to go on it, you have to be 48".

Here is Kirsty

Me - horrific !

This photo cracks me up, it's not a human snowball, it's Jim

Took a couple of underwater shots too

After the clothes had been washed and dryed, we got out much to the kid's annoyance and got showered and dressed. The Sheraton Safari provides shuttles to all the parks, several times a day, the only one you have to pre book is Downtown Disney , so while we were getting ready, I phoned to see if we could get on the 12.15 one, but
unfortunately it was full, so we caught a taxi instead which cost us $9.00

We started at Disney Marketplace, went into Mousegear first and then World of Disney, Stitch still had on his Easter Bunny ears

Kirsty's eyes lit up when she saw all the pins and got Hannah Montana, High School Musical and Eeyore pins for her lanyard as well as a new lanyard medal and flashing Mickey ears, James bought a Buzz Lightyear sitting on a quad bike, Jim and I bought some pictures for the house, I bought a hoody and Jim a T shirt. We also did some hat trying on

Kirsty wanted to buy this

Continued ... Don't post yet, there's more !
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 08, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We had a lovely potter round the shops and admired the lego

We bought a few more bits and bobs and walked down as far as Pleasure Island, just because we hadn't been that far down before. It was roasting hot today and it was nice to go in the shops for the air con.

We walked back down and Kirsty asked if we could go to the Rainforest Cafe, as it was now 1/4 to 3 and our breakfast was a distant memory, she didn't meet with any objections.

We had a 15 minute wait, so had a look in the shop. James was grumpy, said he didn't want to eat or have a drink, which meant that he was probably tired and hungry.

Kirsty couldn't resist having a giraffe's bum

We were seated quickly in the elephant section

and James quickly decided that he was hungry and he wanted burger and chips

I think one of those burgers would have been enough !

Kirsty went for her usual

I had Rasta Pasta which was absolutely delicious and there are no photos of it because I couldn't get it down my neck quick enough !
No one can remember what Jim had, but he enjoyed it !
It took quite a long time from ordering the food to getting it, the kids weren't bothered, they had their slush drinks to keep them occupied and also played with the parrot and frog toys that came with them.
After the main course we decided we just had to get a volcano, as any pudding which get's announced must be good.

We weren't disappointed, it was delicious and we nearly ate it all

It was 4.45 by the time we waddled out. We bought Ginger the teddy some Mickey ears out of the Christmas Shop - they were actually a Christmas decoration but fitted him perfectly. We also had a look in Art of Disney - love that shop.

We thought that we might as well see if we could get the hotel shuttle back as we knew one left at 5.15, the only trouble was that we didn't know where it left from. After a fruitless search which had us going from bus stop to bus stop, we decided to just get a taxi. It was $10.

Once back in the room, James played with his new Buzz Lightyear and the rest of us chilled. Kirsty and Jim went to the shop and got some snacks for later, got me some Reeces pieces to try- nice but not as good as peanut butter M&M's.

Ginger and Kirsty in their ears !

Spent the rest of the evening watching telly, James conked out at 7 and the rest of us a bit later.

Tomorrow we get to go to Disney ! Hollywood Studios yay

Emma

Edited at 04:29 PM.
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 08, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Great day & photos!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 08, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Great day. Were those kiddie portions at RFC? 3 hot dogs and 2 burgers eeps. That dessert looks great as well.

A nice relaxing day for you all.
Coronado Springs Resort October 2011 - QSDP Dining Report
Art of Animation October 2013
Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 08, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie family
Excited about Disney

Great day Emma,as DSIL would say love the Inferno!
She means the Volcano(keeps getting the name wrong!)
pixie family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 08, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ticky15
Imagineer

oh look at ginger's ear ...cute..
Old 24 May 08, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

lols - love the photo of Jim the human snowball

A lovely day
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 08, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post

great day and great photos dd is one of my fav places so really enjoyed this report
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 08, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Love the photo of Jim, it's brilliant.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 08, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
your new hotel looks fab! another really good day
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List