theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Going back to do what we missed last time Day 7 MGM studios

Cast; Me Emma 40 Looking forward to Tower of Terror
DH Jim 43 Loves the Indiana Jones show
DD Kirsty 8 Finally tall enough for Rock n Rollercoaster
DS James 4 Star Wars yipee !

Day 7 Tuesday 8th April Hollywood Studios

Before I get started on today's trippie, I must just post these monstrosities, which are Kirsty and James being Stitch's snot. They were taken in the hotel foyer.

Right, on with today, which was a very hot day and today's first time mission was Rock n Rollercoaster for Kirsty, The Great Movie Ride, Star Tours for the kids, High School Musical show, Block Party Bash and to meet Cars characters, Power Rangers and Buzz Lightyear.

I woke up at 4am worse than the kids on Christmas morning. I couldn't believe we were going to Disney today and doing my favouritest ride in the world, Tower of Terror !
I managed to get back to sleep and woke up again at 6, we had to wake James up this morning. We had breakfast in the room, Jim and I had Danish pastries and the kids had Frosties.
We left the room at 7.40 as we wanted to catch the 7.50 shuttle from the hotel, unfortunately the Hollywood Studios bus didn't leave until 8.55 so we thought we'd catch the 7.50 which went to Magic Kingdom and get a bus from there.
Once we arrived at the TTC it was quite a while before a bus arrived and it was a bit chilly this morning. Eventuallly we were on our way and we got to the park at 8.50. We were soon through bag check and got a stroller and then we experienced something we've never seen at Disney before - a rope drop !

I walked briskly up to R n R to get fastpasses , the queue to get fastpasses was almost as long as the queue for the ride !

I then met the others at the front of TOT where we got a baby swap ticket. Kirsty and I rode first, was as excellent as ever, then I waited with James as Kirsty and Jim had their go.

I took this photo while we were waiting

It's amazing how much detail there is on the Hollywood Hotel that often gets unnoticed.

Once Kirsty and Jim came off TOT we decided to have a wander and see what characters were out at Animation Courtyard as we still had a bit of time before our fastpass time for RnR. Handy Manny and the Little Einsteins were out, but James was feeling shy and didn't want to meet them, so thought we'd try the Great Movie Ride which was a walk on. We were joined by the gangster en route and we all enjoyed the ride. When we came off, our fastpasses for Rnr were valid and I took a very excited Kirsty on first. Normally Kirsty will scream her head off on every rollercoaster she goes on no matter how tame, but she hardly opened her mouth ! She absolutely loved Rnr and I enjoyed it much better than the last time I rode it as then I was in the back row which I found to be really jerky and this time we were in the middle and it was much smoother. Kirsty was very happy to be going straight back on with her Dad and while they were rockin and rollin I got James and I an ice cream as he had been as good as gold waiting for us to do rides he couldn't go on.

James had a Mickey Premium, what was to be the first of many ! and I had Minnie's strawberry bar, yum.

Luckily I had wipes and I managed to clear the evidence before the others came off the ride ( I must really try to be less messy )!
But Kirsty sussed us and I got her a Mickey premium on our way to the Mickey Hat.
It was now turning out to be a nice warm day.

Jim and James found a spot for the High School Musical show which was starting in 20 minutes time and Kirsty and I went to Star Tours to get fastpasses.
When we got back we still had some time so tried to meet some characters. The queue for Minnie and Daisy had just closed so Kirsty and I got in the queue for Donald, we were the last in the queue as the characters had to be away before the HSM show.
Donald was fabulous, he liked Kirsty's cheerleader outfit and made her pose

They also did a brilliant Wildcat's claw pose which I wasn't able to get but the Photopass photographer did.

We joined the boys and when the crowd moved forward for the HSM show, we were right at the front.

We enjoyed the show, especially the kids and I had to stop myself singing along !

By the time the show finished, our Fastpasses for Star Tours were ready, so off we trotted, we were glad of them too because the standby was 60 minutes. James was a bit grumpy in the queue, but he didn't really know why, he went on the ride OK and loved it and wanted to go on again. As it was now 1 o'clock and the reason for James's grumpyness was probably hunger, we thought we'd get some lunch. We decided on Pizza Planet. Jim and I had the Junkyard pizza - vegetable pizza with a side salad and the Kids had the cheese and tomato pizza. The pizza's were lovely, the kid's didn't eat much of theirs, so I boxed up the leftovers.
Mater was having a meet and greet at 1.30 so we made our way there and queued up, the CM announced that Lightning McQueen was away at a race and wouldn't be here today which was a bit of a shame, I really felt sorry for the little boy of about 2 or 3 in front of us who was dressed head to foot in Lightning McQueen, he even had Lightning crocs which were so cute. Kirsty and James cooled down while we were waiting

I was hopeful that James would go up to Mater, being a car and not a conventional character and I was delighted when he did

He even touched him !

We were so pleased with James, we made a huge fuss of him and asked him if he would like to meet Buzz Lightyear next, he said yes so we made our way to Al's Toy barn. We found the Singing in the Rain umbrella on the way

While Kirsty and Jim queued up, James and I went to the nearest shop to get him an autograph book, he was really pleased with it and when the time came for him to meet Buzz, he was really excited about meeting him

Jim and I were so pleased that James had conquered his fear of characters it was a great moment.

By now it was time to stake out a spot for the parade. We found a place opposite the Brown & Derby and the kids finished their pizza while we were waiting.

The Block Party Bash is more of a show than a parade as the whole parade stops and does a bit of a show

More coming...
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 08, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Awww this is a really love report. I love it.

YAY Donald..I love that pesky duck!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 08, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellestar
Imagineer

Great report really enjoyed it..
F/drives 1989-2000,G/Vista 2000-02 M/Vge 02 G/Vista 02,W/Palms 03-04-05,C/bay 05,W/Hills 05-06 All Virgin,C/bay & H/Rock Htl Univ TCD S/First Sept 06,April 07 Virgin,Sept 07 FChoice-VCay Res & P/Bay,April-May Thom/Prem 08 V/Cay,Sept 08 V/Cay,Feb 09 US Air Villa,Sept 09 Villa/Univ Port/Bay & Virgin F/Class Orl,May Univ Port/Ba,Sept 10 Villa,Feb 12/SSR May 13, SSR JUN 14, May 19 Cabana Bay & OKW Resort, May 20 HRH & Endless .
Bellestar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 08, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook

I love this spud !

Kirsty got to shake him by one of his many hands!

Kirsty got to join in too

The dancers throw out sponge balls to the crowd, one bounced off my head while I was taking a photo and I was cursing myself for not catching it, when I was given one by a nice young man who said he was normally in the show but it was his day off. God I sound like my Nan - nice young man !

Here is Kirsty posing with said ball

After the parade finished, we decided to call it a day as it was hot and we would be coming back to Hollywood Studios another day.

We took a photo of James and Ginger by the big hat

It was now 20 to 4 and the shuttle bus left at 1/4 past 4 so we had a browse round some shops first.

James gave us a fright when he ran out of the shop we were in - totally unlike him, I ran after him but when I got outside he had vanished. I went to the shop we had been in before - no sign of him and eventually Jim spotted him in the shop he had ran out of in the first place. I still don't know why he did it but he had a fright himself and promised not to do it again.

We returned the stroller and went to wait for the bus, the kids finished up the last bit of pizza while we were waiting and the bus was bang on time at 4.15. We got back to the hotel at 4.40 and had a laze in the room with a cuppa and some Cheetos and Ruffles - yum.
The kids and me had a bath and then we decided on an early tea as we had an early start tomorrow. Jim or he who is in charge of the purse on holiday decided we had better have a budget dinner tonight, so we decided on Denny's, it turned out to be kids eat free night too, so bonus !
Kirsty and James enjoyed Denny's especially their rocket cups

Kirsty had nuggets and fries, James had burger and fries

Jim and I were less impressed. I ordered fish which came with fries and coleslaw. I asked for veg instead of coleslaw and got veg and coleslaw - no fries. Jim had meatloaf, mash and veg. Our veg had been cooking for what tasted like hours, it was vile and Jim said his meatloaf wasn't nice at all. The waitress didn't come back to see if everything was alright or to see if we wanted more drinks, and when the bill came, they had charged us for the kid's meals when it was kids eat free night. Jim got the kids meals taken off the bill, but we didn't leave a tip, something we've never done in Florida before, because the food and service were so bad. One place we wouldn't go to again.

On our way back to the hotel, we called into the Food Mart and bought some milk and snacks - tiny little Oreo cookies, peanut butter M & M's and cheetos. Bought some postcards, which we never found time to write !
When we got back into the room, we got straight into pj's and watched Everybody loves Raymond while scoffing our goodies.

Early night because tomorrow we have a lovely surprise !

Emma
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 08, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Great photos!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 08, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
jacqui
VIP Dibber

Great trip report, some fab photos
Old 26 May 08, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah & Andy
Imagineer

What a brill trip report!

Looking forward to tomorrows!

June 2007 - POR, Oct & Nov 08 - Three weeks of POR, Feb 2011 - Winners of Money can't buy VIP competition Grand Floridian, Aug 2011 - 3 weeks AKL CL & POR, Aug 2012 3 weeks POR, Aug 2013 AK CL, Disney Dream & POR, Aug 2015 SSR and engaged, Aug 2016 Disney Magic, Aug 2017 AKL CL and OKW and our Disney Wedding
Sarah & Andy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 08, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Another brilliant day and fab photos
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 08, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

You always sound so happy I love the photo of Kirsty and James with their rocket cups
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 08, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Jools I pretty much was always happy in Florida ! The kids still have those cups !

Emma