Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Going back to do what we missed last time Day 11 Epcot

The Cast Me Emma 40
DH Jim 43
DD Kirsty 8
DS James 4

Today we will be visiting Epcot Future World, last time we just did Living with the Land, Circle of Life, Soarin and Spaceship Earth. This time we would like to do everything in Future World !

Saturday 12th April 2008 Epcot Future World

Jim and I woke just after 6 and Kirsty and James woke just after 7. We had breakfast in the room. Kirsty and James had Frosties and Jim and I had the bagels we bought the day before, they were lovely. We caught the 7.50 bus to Magic Kingdom and when we got to the TTC caught the monorail to Epcot. It was at this point that we decided to cancel this evening's ADR for O'Hanas as Kirsty fell asleep on the monorail. Felt guilty that we'd been overdoing it with the itinerary and was glad I'd made tomorrow a lazy morning, we also decided that we would leave as soon as either of the kids had had enough as we would be coming back to Epcot another day.
Kirsty perked up a bit when we arrived, she had been looking forward to coming to Apricot - what she called Epcot last time and which she will probably always call it. Got through the bag check and up to the rope, saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Daisy waving at the crowd and greeting the family of the day. Once the rope dropped, Jim power walked to Soarin' for fastpasses while the rest of us made our way to the Nemo ride. Took some photos with Kirsty's camera while we waited for Jim

Here are the little squirts in 2006

Jim arrived with fastpasses for 9.42 - 10.42 . We walked straight onto the Nemo ride, Kirsty announced she had lost a pin from her lanyard, Jim promised to replace it which cheered her up. We enjoyed the Nemo ride. We exited near to Turtle Talk with Crush which is one thing I particularly wanted to do this time. We had a short wait before the first show of the day, at 9.40, so we did the interactive quiz while we were waiting and looked at the rays.

We were let into Crush and got great seats at the front and James and Kirsty got to sit at the front of the carpet. We all absolutely loved this, it was really funny. When we came out James complained that he hadn't talked to Crush - told him next time to put his hand up

Jim raced over to Test Track (get it)! to get Fast passes while the rest of us made our way over to the Land. Met up with Jim and went to ride Soarin'. While we were watching the planning DVD a few months ago, James announced that he didn't want to do Soarin', we told him that it wasn't as it looked on the DVD, he wouldn't really be flying, I explained exactly what it would be like and he agreed to go on the seats that don't go very high up. Happy with this compromise, I promised to go on the bottom row with him. Kirsty of course wanted to go on the top row and luckily for her, when we got to the ride, her and Jim were able to do so, while James and I rode at the bottom. James was fine, he pointed at the bottom of the screen and told me that we weren't really flying- although he did lift his legs when we were going over the sea. I absolutely love this ride and we all came off happy, Kirsty said that the top row was awesome.

A visit to Club Cool was a welcome next stop before Test Track, caught Kirsty out with the Beverley again ! Wonder how many years it will be before she twigs ! She did, however like the watermelon drink from China and Kinley, the lemon drink from Israel was still my favourite, the boys liked this one too. We got to Test Track at 10.34 a bit early for the 10.40 fast pass, so we slapped on some sun block to pass the time and the clock still said 10.34, so figured that there clock must be broken, it does take the longest time to put suncream on James, he hates it. We got through fine, this is a new one for us, and we all enjoyed it. When we got off, Jim took the kids to play in Pluto's playground while I got Jim and Kirsty fastpasses for Mission Space ( I really wasn't bothered ahout sitting this one out, I get motion sickness )

Fastpasses secured for 12.48 - 1.48 and kids extracted from playground, we headed over to Journey into imagination with Figment, just a 5 minute wait, the kids liked this ride and they liked the Image Works area at the end of the ride. We stayed there for a play and decided although it was nearly lunch time, we would wait until after Mission Space ! So, with a bit of time to kill before the fastpasses, we walked straight into Honey I Shrunk the Audience. Jim said later that his favourite moment of the day was watching Kirsty when the mice were let loose, her feet, were up by her ears !
Next was Mission Space,

James and I waited for them in the Advanced Training Lab, this is such a great place to wait, we played a video game and saved the astronaut and James played for a bit in the play area, although he came out and said he was scared because there was an alien in there
Jim and Kirsty came through saying that their mission had been aborted - Jim being an evil father had told Kirsty that it was because she had pressed the wrong button, but Kirsty knowing she has an evil father told him she knew it wasn't her. They were clutching Fastpasses that they could use at anytime, so decided to get some lunch now.

Continued ...
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 08, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
We had a look in the shop on the way

We went to the Electric Umbrella, the boys had cheeseburger and fries, I had a chicken sandwich and fries and Kirsty had chicken nuggets and fries, the kids had carrot sticks which were horrible. After lunch we walked back over to Mission Space, because there's nothing like space travel on a full stomach. James and I saved the astronauts again then sent ourselves a postcard from space, this was brilliant, James was a Space Ranger and we got a great email when we got home.
Jim and Kirsty came off Mission Space with lunch still intact, they did the Orange version which Jim reckoned was tame (show off). The kids played for a bit in the play area.

Noone was ready to go home yet, so we carried on to Spaceship Earth, curious to see the changes, there was a 15 minute wait but the queue moved along quickly enough. Was really impressed by the changes to this, it was really good, I did notice that Jim and Kirsty were asked different questions to me and James.

The kids really wanted to meet some characters as the autograph books hadn't had an airing at all today, so we went to seek them out. There was quite a long queue, but we waited as Daisy and Pluto were there, two much longed for autographs !

A very tactile Mickey was first

I got many mouse kisses from him to the delight of the kids

Next up was Pluto, who admired Kirsty's Pluto pin

Then it was Minnie

Continued ...
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 08, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Chip and Dale

And finally, the elusive Daisy

We had time for a bit of retail therapy, James bought toy cars, a Buzz Lightyear one and a Zurg one. Kirsty bought a cuddly baby Pluto in a blanket (oh joy, another cuddly toy)

Quick photo by the golf ball

We were there when the flower festival was on and there were some great displays

We caught the 5.15 shuttle back to the hotel, quick freshen up and decided to go to Olive Garden for dinner. As we were early we were seated straight away and were soon tucking into the lovely warm breadsticks and salad. Kirsty loves salad, but she didn't like the dressing, just meant more for me and Jim. The main courses were delicious, I had the stuffed chicken marsala and Jim had chicken parmigane which he said was lovely. The kids had chicken fingers and fries. For dessert the kids had an ice cream sundae, Jim had white chocolate and raspberry cheescake and I had the chocolate mousse cake Another lovely meal from Olive Garden - we went to the one on I Drive on our last visit. Great food, great service and not at all expensive.
We wandered back to the hotel, the kids were full of beans now - typical, took this photo on the way

Got back to the hotel just after 7 and got our pj's on. Jim and Kirsty watched a movie, I caught up with my trip notes and James played with his new cars until he fell asleep, the rest of us weren't far behind.

Tomorrow Hollywood Studios for Fantasmic

Emma
Old 6 Jun 08, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
frazers mum
Imagineer

Great photos. makes me wish i was there though
Disneyland Paris - May 2003, May 2017
frazers mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 08, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Another great day. Your photos are fab and are making me excited (I go in 3 weeks).
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 08, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great day & photos!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 08, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Another great day. Your photos are fab and are making me excited (I go in 3 weeks).

Thanks everyone for all the great comments

Emma
Old 8 Jun 08, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely photos. Please can you tell me where your character photos were taken at EPCOT?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 08, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
princessfiona
Imagineer

princessfiona's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
what a great day and great photos.

princessfiona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 08, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Apricot! - that's priceless

Another fun filled day. The photo of Kirsty and James with Mickey is just lovely.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List