Old 15 Aug 08, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
California dreaming, screaming and still beaming :) Day 10

02/08/08

DH and I went for brekkie. It was one of those DIY ones again and this time there was a waffle maker! A little boy had to show me what to do! There was a spray can of oil then a "drinks machine" which dispensed the batter into a cup which you used to fill the waffle iron. Put the lid on and flip it over! It then automatically times 2 minutes and they were done! Not bad either!

There were bagels - but we got fed up waiting for the toaster to heat them up - why do toasters take sooooo long in the US? !

After breakfast we all went for a walk and went into the grounds of the hotel next door - a Best Western. The area was called Pelican Point so we went to see if we could find them!

The grounds overlooking the sea were set up for a wedding:

The view was lovely again:

It looked very pretty - but it stunk! This was because of these:

We could also see dolphins playing:

Went back to the car and set off in search of a WalMart! We were having withdrawal symptoms. If we'd have been in Florida we would have been in at least 4 by now!

Found one a few miles down the road and bought a few things ... including toilet mats! There was also a Sizzlers next door and so we went there for lunch. We'd forgotten how big these lunches can be! We came across hardly any of these types of restaurants on our trip. We saw 1 other Sizzlers, no Ponderosas or Golden Corrals.

Suitably stuffed with food we found an outlet Mall on the way back. Not many bargains here and a bit of a grotty Disney shop. We then went back to the hotel, dumped our bags and headed off to the beach for the afternoon. We also noticed that our door hadn't been closed properly. There was a problem with this the day before and maintenance were sent out to fix it. Went to Reception who apologised (anyone could have got in if they just pushed the door! ) and said we could have a film as compensation as they couldn't compensate us financially because we booked through Hotels.com. We weren't looking for compensation - just security! Anyway another man came out and fixed it properly.

Had a lovely time in the cold water! I noticed people looking for shells and looked down and saw that there were Sand Dollars around! Managed to find loads of unbroken ones too - all of which survived the journey home too.

Still full after our lunch we made our way back to the hotel just as the sun was setting. DH went for a swim in the pool and I went to do some washing and then joined DH. On the way to the pool I had to stop for a car - a Rolls Royce with Beverly Hills number plate. I Loitered about to see who got out and it was... Erik Estrada! Remember him from ChiPs? ! Hadn't changed a bit - still had dyed dark hair! The pool was full of splashy kids and the jacuzzi was a no go area as a loud American man sat on the edge of it and picked the skin off his feet and flicked it into the water!

Couldn't be bothered to go out tonight so all settled in and watched the free film (new National Treasure one), had beer, wine and Dr Pepper and ate the snacks bought in Walmart!

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 08, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

I used to love CHiPs when I was a kid.

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 08, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wickesy View Post
I used to love CHiPs when I was a kid.
Me too ~ although I preferred the fair haired officer
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 08, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

urghhh the Skin Flicker!

Lovely photos though
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 08, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Lovely location for a wedding, we're hoping to stop in Pismo Beach for an hour or so on the way to LA
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 08, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellestar
Imagineer

Oh i use to love Chips and Erika Estrada, fab pics again
F/drives 1989-2000,G/Vista 2000-02 M/Vge 02 G/Vista 02,W/Palms 03-04-05,C/bay 05,W/Hills 05-06 All Virgin,C/bay & H/Rock Htl Univ TCD S/First Sept 06,April 07 Virgin,Sept 07 FChoice-VCay Res & P/Bay,April-May Thom/Prem 08 V/Cay,Sept 08 V/Cay,Feb 09 US Air Villa,Sept 09 Villa/Univ Port/Bay & Virgin F/Class Orl,May Univ Port/Ba,Sept 10 Villa,Feb 12/SSR May 13, SSR JUN 14, May 19 Cabana Bay & OKW Resort, May 20 HRH & Endless .
Bellestar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 08, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post

A great day & photos!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 08, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Ooh I've been looking up the sand dollars, they look interesting. Do you know if they're still alive when they're on the beach? I found an article that says that they partially bury themselves in the sand, then the tide goes out. It didn't say whether they were alive or not.

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 08, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cyclospora
Imagineer

Cyclospora's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by tracyh View Post
Ooh I've been looking up the sand dollars, they look interesting. Do you know if they're still alive when they're on the beach? I found an article that says that they partially bury themselves in the sand, then the tide goes out. It didn't say whether they were alive or not.
The ones we found were empty - most were cracked but we had about 15 whole ones. There's a little hole underneath where the sand and water came out. I think I saw (in the Monterey aquarium) that if they were just laying flat - they were dead?

May tomorrow be a perfect day - may you find love and laughter along the way...
Cyclospora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 08, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

Yeughhhh at the fella and the jacuzzi - how gross can some people be?

LOL at Erik Estrada and his hair - not a grey one to be seen