Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 Sep 08, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post

40?...Face?...Bovvered? - Day 18

THE SMALL PRINT: When we decided to do Trippies for this most recent holiday the old man (Sweeney Todd) and I couldn't agree on whose Dibb name to post under - I won! We also couldn't agree on content parameters for each report as we both have different styles of writing; I tend to be short and snappy and he tends to suffer from verbal diahhroea – yes, I do mean he goes on a bit and talks a load of sh**e! Anyway, we (well I) decided the best way was to do a day each. Since it was HIS birthday trip I let him start with Day 1 - therefore he gets to do the odd days and I get the evens!
This is our first time writing trippies so please bear with us.
Enjoy!

Cast

Brian – aka Sweeney Todd. 39 at the start, 40 by the end!
Himself, the man, the legend, there’s a film about him don’t ya know?
Husband, father, workaholic.
Loves planning, Florida, Minerva Mouse, food, Hull City, coaster nut, the original gadgetman

Sue – aka Soozi. 43 on the trip but now 44
Wife, mother
Put-upon, bag holder, etc etc
Loves Florida and everything that goes with it. Was desperate to get away and spend QT with family

Rosie. 14 (turned 15 on trip)
Daughter, sister
Brainiac, Alternative, lover of all things Japanese, Karate, Manga, Anime, wannabe Harajuku dweller

Rowan. 12
Daughter, sister
Girly-girl, owner of the Worlds Biggest Pet Lip, the original Kevin the surly teen.
Loves Tigger, music and all things pink

Sam. 12
Son, brother
Twin of above, little swine, winds his twin up like a top.
Lover of gadgets (see Father above) computers, Hull City, his electric guitar, Dad’s coaster buddy. Hates school

----------------------------------------

DAY EIGHTEEN - Monday 18th Feb 2008 - Soozi goes shopping (again!)

(Today's instalment written by Soozi)

AM

Today was President’s Day, we expected everywhere to be busy so we (well I) had planned a shopping trip to Ellenton Mall, which we had driven past to and from the villa so we knew it was near.
We had breakfast, cereal and toast, in the villa before setting off. It was another hot day and B had frozen drinks the night before, which we were all grateful for.
The car parks were busy and the place was filling up rapidly by the time we arrived at 10.30. B managed to park the car in one of the few spaces left. The kids were dismayed to see that this was an ‘open’ mall – a la Premium Outlets. So the shops were the only air-conditioned place there – hah! It was an older mall, quite dated in appearance.
I was very happy to see placards advertising that most units were participating in ‘The Presidents Day Sidewalk Sale’ way-hay I thought – bargains galore!
Well dear reader, I can honestly say I have not been more disappointed! The Sidewalk Sale was only down to a few units which were displaying a few bits of tat on decorating tables outside of their windows. We had a walk around which didn’t last long – B was amazed to find that I myself only spent – wait for it -****$2****- I know! Can you believe it ?!?
While I walked about with my two packs of 99c cup cake cases the kids found the Converse shop and got some real bargains from there - $53. Rowan went to Journeys and found some shoes she liked - $10.64. B and I went to a perfume store and he bought us some smellies that were the bargain of the day at $90.42.
We went back to the car and stood letting the plastic inside cool down in the little breeze before we could get in and return back to the villa.

PM

B and the kids wanted to spend the rest of the day in the pool and I agreed. B declared that he had now sorted out the Super Target situation and he was confident that Susan would get us there this time. Unimpressed, I gave him the benefit of the doubt. To my surprise he, and ‘she’, got us there (University Parkway) without incident and we had some lovely sandwiches made up for lunch, which we washed down with smoothies - total $24. While we were there we thought we may as well have a walk around this practically brand new store (well, when in Rome!). We left an hour later and $110 lighter but did grab some bargains and some delicious looking salads for tea.

We spent the rest of the afternoon having a great time with the kids larking about in the pool. Rosie then made full use of the internet connection and spent hours chatting to her friends via MSN or something.
We had a great afternoon – this is what I was looking forward to the most!
After tea the kids retired to their rooms to watch TV and me and B watched one of the villa owners’ DVDs before retiring.

Tomorrow – Busch Gardens ……….The Return.

Sue

Trip Report INDEX here
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 08, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Ellenton Mall doesn't sound so great. A lovely family day for you all.
Old 10 Sep 08, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Nice relaxing afternoon, the mall doesn't sound too good though.
Old 12 Sep 08, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

That's a shame you weren't impressed with Ellenton, we always stop off there on our way to Anna Maria Island and always mange to spend a fair bit!
Old 7 Dec 08, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Great report and great pics