Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Closed Thread

Old 1 Oct 08, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
DVC in California

It's not often I link to another forum but these photos are amazing and I can't see them anywhere else. The rooms look amazing, I love the bed that flips down from the wall!

micechat/forums/disney-va...e-bedroom.html
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 08, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Wow! I agree Bev.

I've read alot about them but not seen any pics so far, so thanks for posting the link.

I've read that unless you own there you will never get in at 7 months I do hope that isn't true as I'd love to stay there one day. Although it is so far from here I can only do about 8/9 hours on a plane these days, although I guess we stop off on the way

Old 1 Oct 08, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Hal
Gloria sic transit mundi.

Hal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 17
Originally Posted by catlady View Post
I've read that unless you own there you will never get in at 7 months I do hope that isn't true as I'd love to stay there one day.
I think that's because it will be the smallest DVC - with only 50 x "2-bed equivalent units" as they say. Around the DL parks there is plenty of alternative accommodation which is just as convenient (I hope - about to find out!) as staying on-site.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 08, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Wow - they look amazing but I'm another one who thinks you won't get a look in unless you own there.

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 08, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
I was really hoping we could stay here in Sept 09, but I don't think they are due to be finished by then
Old 2 Oct 08, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
I think that's because it will be the smallest DVC - with only 50 x "2-bed equivalent units" as they say. Around the DL parks there is plenty of alternative accommodation which is just as convenient (I hope - about to find out!) as staying on-site.

Didn't realise you were off to CA soon Hal - where are you staying for Disney? Will look forward to hearing about your trip - we're off there next March!

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 08, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We have booked a park view room at the HoJo Anaheim . Very good tripadvisor reviews, 5-mins or so walking distance to the park, child friendly themed pool, inexpensive, and next to a very highly rated restaurant (Mimi's). I will do a trippy with photos upon my return.

Owner at Marriott Marbella Beach, Cypress Harbour, & Harbour Lake; and DVC OKW & BLT.

Hal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 08, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Sounds great Hal - would certainly be interested to hear your experience. We've got a booking at the moment for the Doubletree ( get Hilton points!) but really looking for something as close to the parks as I can get without Disney prices!

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 08, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Hal

Hal's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
We have stayed in Doubletrees before and they are really good. We were swayed by the location and the pool for the HoJo. I will let you know how we get on.

Old 2 Oct 08, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
We have booked a park view room at the HoJo Anaheim . Very good tripadvisor reviews, 5-mins or so walking distance to the park, child friendly themed pool, inexpensive, and next to a very highly rated restaurant (Mimi's). I will do a trippy with photos upon my return.
Sounds like you have a great trip planned, I'll be waiting to read your trippies when you get back.

Caron