Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 8 Apr 09, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
joanneclaire
Dibbing with Tink

Surprise... your off to Las Vegas - Day 2

Day 2

After initially sleeping like a log, both of us woke early around 3am, we chatted for a while, still trying to work our how David Copperfield did what he did last night LOL at 5am although still no signs of breaking daylight we decided enough was enough and we got up.

Tony headed down to Starbucks for a coffee whilst I finished off getting ready. On his return, he was grinning, he'd won $12.50 on one of the machines ... whooo hoo (obviously you can see we are big gamblers and in the high rollers club ) so we started out the day on a positive cash bonus!

It was almost time for the breakfast buffet to open, so we headed down that way, we had been given a 'bonus' card at check in which gave us breakfast at a reduced rate of $9.99 each instead of the usual $14.99, breakfast was good, although some items a little 'too fancy' for my liking at breakfast, but thats what a buffet is about to be able to pick and choose so not complaining. Following breakfast, we went over to the players club desk and registered for the players card.. complete with a bungy cord each LOL so thats it we are officially members of the 'players club' and if we collected a total of 1500 points within 24 hours we would get 2 x free Ka show tickets! somehow I dont think we would reach that goal ... LOL

People were bustling about, loads playing the tables no matter what time of day it was, although Tony wanted a go on a blackjack table, he decided it was way to early and needed a little more time to work them out and see how it was done properly

We had decided (well I did on my trip plan after advice here on the Dibb) that we were going to travel down to the Wynn and work our way back up the strip, initially we were going to take a cab, but changed our minds and thought the monorail would be a good idea, according to the information, the convention centre stop included the Wynn, so that is what we did, from a sightseeing point of view, the monorail gives you nothing, but it was quick with no fuss. We got off at the convention centre only then seeing signs that the courtesy bus that was usually provided to the Wynn had now stopped and we had to walk, no big deal we thought its only around the corner... yeh right took us probably 15-20 minutes to get there

With my little map of the strip Id ripped out of one of the freebie mags, we set off on our epic journey back up the strip, taking in the fashion show mall, The Palazzo, The Venetian, Treasure Island, The Mirage, Harrahs, The Forum Shops and Ceasars Palace. It doesnt sound like much when you list them like that, but by the time we had finished in Ceasars it was about 3pm we were both tired and had aching feet. You cannot believe how big these places are! Tony had a play at the blackjack 'computer' table in Treasure Island and won $25 and I probably lost a whole $10 on the machines, quite simply, I put my money in and pressed the button, havent a clue about these things, so just hoped for the best... not my day today! The Bellagio was the next hotel up, we decided to sit outside, rest our feet and wait for the fountains to start, these were amazing dancing to the songs and I couldnt wait to see them at night all lit up (which we never got back to see which is now on my list for next time)

We could see the MGM hotel sign from where we were stood, we should have known much better than to think it was a little walk back, but against our better judgement that day we walked back, so wish we'd taken a cab as that last little bit made my normally very comfy shoes into two heavy bricks on my feet and we both had very sore, tender and aching feet by the time we got to our room.

Couple of things I noticed today on our 'journey', the strip isnt as 'clean' as I had expected, I guess years of travelling to Florida had spoilt me, and I guess nowhere is quite like Florida for this, but it did surprise me as it was quite littered, something I didnt expect to see. I was so prepared for the 'sleaze' some people had talked about, I wasnt sure what to expect but knew to be aware of it, however, I can honestly say that today upto around 4pm we saw nothing, which left me wondering what it was all about? However, we did see littered naked girl 'cards' around the pavements which had obviously been dropped and flyers stashed in the 'newspaper' type boxes on the pavements.

On our trip from the Bellagio back to the MGM, it became apparant what the 'slappers' talk was all about I had read about previously, LOL, why do they do that 'slap' thing LOL, we passed a few people handing out the 'girlie cards' we just declined and walked on by, although different in nature, on the whole it was no different to walking down Blackpool front been handed cards for nightclubs ect (now im going back some years!) Tony found it amusing that they try to give you these even though its obvious you have a 'woman' LOL and against his better judgement decided to get a couple to take back for the 'boys' at work, (so he tells me LOL) well he took one from one of the touts and as soon as he did this, the next four people must have thought he was up for it and literally stuffed loads into his hands, he was still giggling from the first one he had taken, so before he knew it he had a wad of them LOL ... he never did that again

Back in our hotel room we shook off our shoes and collapsed for a few minutes but then decided we were actually hungary, we'd not eaten since breakfast, so decided that we would make use of the $35 dining card we had been given at check in and go to the dinner buffet in the MGM. So wash and change it was. The dinner buffet was $19.99 each and inc 2 free beers or wine with our offer card, so all in all our evening meal today cost us $5 plus tax/tip.

We had decided at dinner that we shouldnt go back to our room after dinner as we would be dropping to sleep and that would be it, we would be awake again at 2am! There was a tix4tonight booth not far from the MGM so we decided to take a walk down there to see what was on offer. We bought tickets to see the Legends show at a bargain price of $28 each we had only 1.5 hours to get there before the show started and we were 'supposed' to hand in our tickets at least 1 hour before the show, so back to the MGM quick change into something more appropriate and then jumped in a taxi down to Harrah’s. The show was great, included copycat artists of Temptations, Whitney Houston, Garth Brooks and of course Elvis. Truly amazing performers, but Elvis just topped it for us he was amazing, from this point on, Tony had the Viva Las Vegas song imprinted in his head and drove me batty with his occasional outbursts at unsuspecting moments

Taxi back to the MGM after the show, Tony wanted to stop off for a coffee before heading upto our room, I was so tired I left him heading to Starbucks and I headed upto our room. Tony was about 20 minutes before he came up, I was already in bed by this time, another big cheesy grin, what have you done now ... he'd won $102 on a machine! printed off his ticket and ran! so another good end to a tiring but perfect day in Vegas.

Weather was in the low 80's today

South facing pool with multi-coloured LED lighting, spa/hot tub - heated free of charge, outdoor TV, private landscape lit garden, Nintendo Wii interactive gaming wall, twin Xbox live games area with games pass, retro arcade games

License No:- DWE5903426

joanneclaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 09, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

Sounds like you had a great day, the show at Harrah's sounds amazing, my DH like Garth Brook so he would of loved to of seen the show.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 09, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen uk
Imagineer

Helen uk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Sounds like a very lovely day ...i bet those feet were throbbing when you got into bed after all that walking

2006 Animal Kindgom Lodge
2007 Villa Caribbean Beach Resort and HRH
Helen uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 09, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Sounds like a brill day glad your enjoying it all
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 09, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Wow what a busy day you both had! My feet hurt just at the thought lol
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 09, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great day!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 09, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

What a great report. Reading it made me feel like I was there on the strip myself

A lovely day for the pair of you and well done on your wins. I'll expect you to be with the high rollers the next day
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 09, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Sounds like a great day, well done on the wins
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 09, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Wow, you did a lot of walking.

Lovely day, I can't wait till I get to see all the stuff you are talking about.

I think we might be paying a visit to the ticket booth.
Old 12 Apr 09, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Im exhausted just reading about your day...really hope to get to Vegas one day

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List