Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Apr 09, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Biergarten or Bust! Day 13 - The Long Goodbye!

Hi everyone!

Another update - I'm going to split it up into 2 or 3 parts as there's loads of photos... and basically I want to drag it out as long as I can, cause when it's finished I'll have to finally admit the holiday had ended and we're not going back till next year! :-(

Anyway here we go - onto our final full day of the holiday!

Stitch and Mickey tried to wake us up at their usual time, but failed, as usual. We made it down to Saasssagoulaaa for 8.45 and got some breakfast. Grumpy and Ben had cereal and Heather and I shared the pancakes. Then we were off - to Magic Kingdom!

Some photos of Saaassaagoulaaa Floatworks.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

When we got to TTC we decided to ride over to the park on the ferry so we walked down to the dock. The ferry came just a couple of minutes later, but we had to wait for a special guest to walk down the gangplank before they would let us on.

[IMG][/IMG]

Once the VIP had disembarked we went on and staked a place to get some good views for photos.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Our happy place!

Once we got into the park we hussled down Main St - no time to stop. We were on a mission! I was aiming to get to Toontown for it opening to try to meet the fairies. On the way past the hub I spotted a LGMH, and did sort of slow down, but the need to see the fairies was too strong and I just kept going!

However we needn't have bothered as when we got to the entrance to wait time was already 60 mins. When I spoke to CM she said it was at least the posted time. I asked Heather whether she wanted to wait that long, thinking I would do it if she really wanted to.

Bless her, she just shrugged, looked at the Princess wait time and said "That's only 15 mins, I'll go meet them."

So off we go and met the Princesses. Grumpy and Ben declined to come and visit so they waited in the shop.

First up was Princess Aurora who was very flattered Heather had on one of her t shirts!

[IMG][/IMG]

Then came Cinderella.

[IMG][/IMG]

She was very pleased to see her pin on Heather's lanyard!

Last but not least - Belle in all her splendour.

[IMG][/IMG]

When we came out the queue was still just as long, if not longer for the fairies - Grumpy said he had been keeping an eye on it, and in the time Heather and I had spent in meeting the Princesses one family had moved a grand total of 5 yards!

continued below

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report

Edited at 07:32 PM.
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 09, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Day 13 continued

In our absence Ben had amused himself by building an army of Mr Potato Heads.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG]http://[/IMG]

Leaving Toontown the children and Grumpy talked me into going onto the Teacups.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Ben amused himself by trying to make me vomit by spinning us really fast. He came close...

[IMG][/IMG]

I needed a short break when we came off to allow my stomach to settle.

[IMG][/IMG]

I tried to cage them but they got out!

Then we walked back through Fantasyland.

[IMG][/IMG]

We couldn't put it off any longer - we just had to face our fears and go for it...

[IMG][/IMG]

Would we survive?

Di x

Edited at 09:11 PM.
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 09, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I am sad that your trip reports are coming to an end so I can only imagine how you feel
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 09, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Originally Posted by chocaholic110 View Post
I am sad that your trip reports are coming to an end so I can only imagine how you feel
Hi chocaholic!

The good thing about the TR is that it has made the holiday last even longer as we've been talking about it so much, and I'm so glad I've done it as it has given us a detailed memory of the trip. No matter how hard you try you do forget wee things after a while - but not anymore!

We do have next year to look forward too - I haven't yet got a ticker, but as soon as those flights are released I will!

Di x

Old 21 Apr 09, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ditto the above comment!

The teacups make both of us feel competely sick...we now send the girls on by themselves and watch instead!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 09, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Have really enjoyed all your reports sad to think that they are nearing the end.

Don't make us wait to much longer for the rest though
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 09, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow thats some queue for the fairies. What time roughly did you arrive at Toontown? Just interested as we're mad autograph hunters ourselves.

Can't believe the kids got you on the teacups!
Old 21 Apr 09, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post

i actually queued foir the fairies...a whole 90 mins
but it was well worth every minute to see my dd face, tinkerbell is her favourite!
Old 22 Apr 09, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Meeko1970 View Post
Wow thats some queue for the fairies. What time roughly did you arrive at Toontown? Just interested as we're mad autograph hunters ourselves.

Can't believe the kids got you on the teacups!
Hiya

Think we got there for just before 10am... we would have queued if Heather had really wanted to but as Di said even she was not gonna wait that long, bless her she just loves the Princesses... who knows how many Potato Head's Ben would have constructed... in 2006 he got a certificate for the Potato Head he created and it was stuck up on display... thats ma boy!

I was the one that pushed for teh teacups, I love em but have missed em as Di seems to always steer us away from them... but not this time... oh how I spun those cups

Gordon
Old 22 Apr 09, 06:54 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
a great start!
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List