Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Apr 09, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Biergarten or Bust! Day 14 - I'm Not Going Home! I'M NOT!

Hi everyone - have put this off long enough but I have to do it I suppose!

Would like to say I threw a childish temper tantrum and refused to leave... but you know by now that's not true! Much as I was tempted!

Time to go home!

Or as Grumpy just summarised - got to airport, got on plane, flew home, landed, was overcome with waves of depression at seeing all the miserable people, are now living out a hollow shell of existence until the next Disney holiday...

Anyway's... we slept in a bit but not too long, we had already packed most of our stuff away in the few days before, so after our last visit to Saassagoulaaa for breakfast (can't find the receipts for that day, I was obviously too distraught to keep track), I think I would have had the biegnets, think Grumpy and Heather shared pancakes and Ben would probably have had cereal. We went back up to the room to finish up packing and do a final check over the room.

Grumpy took the suitcases down to the car one by one and then I went down to reception to check out. I was secretly hoping they'd say "Och, just stay on another week", but crushingly, they didn't.

Then we squeezed into the over packed car and headed off to DTD to do the early check in with Virgin. There was a bit of a queue so it took us about 20 mins until it was our turn.

Plenty of time for me to regret my fashion choice of the day. T shirt - check. Long cord trousers - check. D'oh! It was a roasting hot day and I was already sweltering! I started to frantically rummage through the suitcases trying to find my 3/4 length shorts, but to no avail! The Things were also complaining about wearing jeans, but my fiendishly devised packing plan was thwarting me - I couldn't find them anywhere!

Grumpy then also started rummaging through the suitcases trying to find his contact lens case and solution to put in his hand luggage - again to no avail. You'll be pleased to know I managed to refrain from asking him sarcastically why he had put in his contact lenses that morning when he knew we would be up travelling for over 24hrs straight. I was sensibly wearing my glasses.

We had another good shot at rummaging through the suitcases when we had them weighed, as although we were below the weight limit in total, one of the cases was really heavy so we had move stuff about. However my fiendishly devised packing again thwarted my efforts at finding shorts, or his contact lens and glasses.

After getting our boarding passes we headed back to the car and back to Magic Kingdom! They would have to drag us out kicking and screaming from the holiday!

When we got there Grumpy walked up Main St to take some photos and to try and find a number plate for his collegue at work whilst I rode on the train with the Things round to Frontierland.

On the way we sat next to a family from Philadelphia and I chatted to the Dad. There was a big bunch of them all wearing yellow Tshirts. He was asking where in Scotland we were from (everyone seemed to love our accents!), and he asked if there was some kind of holiday in Scotland in October. When they were there the year before in October, having been reassured Oct was quiet by their Travel Agent, he found the place was heaving with Scots!

Getting off at Frontierland we met up with Grumpy, got FPs for Splash and we all went on BTMRR, where we met up with our family from Philadelphia again! I heard him saying to his wife "That's the family from Scotland with the twins!"

Things were a bit disappointed in not getting to ride twice in a row again on BTMRR after the treat last night!

After that we went round to Splash, there was a bit of a wait to get on but we chatted to the people next to us in the queue whilst we were waiting to pass the time. The ride as always was great!

When we came off we popped into CHH for some lunch and shared 2 combo baskets between the 4 of us.

We wandered through some of the shops buying a few bits and bobs then walked through to Adventureland, where the wait for Aladdins carpets was short so we hopped on, then went back on again as it was still short.

We got some ice cream to use up the last C/S on the DDP.

Walking back down Main St I popped into the Fudgery and treated myself!

Then we popped into the Town Hall to use the toilet and a CM asked if we would fill out a questionnaire - usually I say no, but I said yes as I'm hoping to get on a Disney list somewhere to get discounts for future holidays.

By this time it was nearing 3 o'clock and we needed to take the car back, but we stopped to get some Photopass.

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Again with the kissing!?

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

I think the people at the wall thought we were bonkers, but hey ho! We were there for ages as the Photog kept coming up with suggestions for different poses, and I had to eventually say we needed to go or we'd still be there posing!

Driving back to the Car Care Centre we handed back the keys, and straight onto a bus (I had thought we might need to wait for one, or we would have stayed longer in MK!). He took us to DTD where we would get the transfer to MCO.

We had a wander through some of the shops until the coach arrived - and it was a huge coach - and we were the only people waiting for it!

Miguel was our driver, and I have to say this was the only time I witnessed any sort of 'road rage' during the whole 2 weeks we were there! I deeply regretted sitting up at the front of the bus.

Having already checked in we just had to go straight to the gate where we didn't have long to wait before we boarded.

This time we had 3+1 seats - Grumpy said he would sit with the kids, and I was in the row in front at the window seat. I offered to move to the aisle seat but the couple next to me said the husband preferred the aisle seat so he could stretch his legs. They were nice, but I had to time my toilet breaks and I couldn't get my camera out of the overhead locker.

Which was a pity, as just after take off the pilot said those passengers sitting on the right of the plane should look out the window.

It was the Space Shuttle!

Fantastic! You could see this really bright light rising through the sky and eventually curving out of sight until it just looked like a star! Where's my camera when I need it!

Another bit of magic on this holiday!

The flight was fine, and we tried to doze when we could and we arrived back in Gatwick about 8.30 ish.

Made our way through Customs and Immigration and through to baggage collection, whilst we were waiting I called the car park for the shuttle and we went down to the road level to wait for it.

It was very grey and dismal and cold!

Grumpy again started frantically rummaging through the suitcases to try to find his glasses and lens case, again to no avail.

[IMG][/IMG]

This time I didn't hold back my sarcasm. "Tell me again why you didn't just wear your glasses?"

I'd tell what he said back to me under his breath but it's unsuitable for a family board.

He had to just take his lenses out and bin them and he used my glasses when he was driving - lucky our eyesight is equally bad!

We made it back to the car park about 1030ish and collected the car and set back off up the road to Scotland.

We just took it in turns, each driving for an hour or so whilst the other slept, and taking plenty of rest stops. I phoned my mum to let her know we were back OK, and that it would be about 7ish by the time we got home. Her and dad were going out so she said she'd keep Jake another night (they were dog sitting) and they'd bring him round the next day. Then phoned MIL to tell them we were home OK as well.

We got back home about 7ish as we'd thought, Gordon driving the last hour or so. We ended up taking the Strahaven road home (for those who care or know), which is a back country road with not a lot of lighting. Which meant I was useless at helping with directions as A. it was dark and B. I had no glasses as Gordon was wearing them so I was practically blind.

We had considered getting a Chinese takeaway but when we got home (which we were happy to see, but not in a way) we decided to just have toast, as Mum had gotten some bread and milk for us. Proper tea!

We phoned a couple of people to let them know we were home OK and put the kids to bed, had another cup of tea, watched a bit of the news then hit the sack ourselves. I was planning to lie in till about 9ish then start some washing.

Slept really well for about an hour, then rolled over to look at the clock -

MIDDAY!

OMG! The kids will have been up for hours and trashed the house! I jumped out of bed saying "it's midday! " to which Gordon replied "I know"! only to find the kids still both out for the count!

Downstairs, kettle on and try to wake up! The kids woke up not too long after that, then we went round to mum's and had an emotional reunion with the dog who seemed to forgive us for abandoning him for 2 weeks (don't know why as he gets spoiled at my mum and dad's - sleeps on the bed and everything!)

That's all folks!

I'll need to post the photos of all the stuff we bought so I'll keep this TR going for as long as humanely possible!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report

Edited at 10:56 AM.
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 09, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Can't believe that is your last day. Thanks for taking the time to share your holidays with us. Look forward to seeing your purchases
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 09, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by chaffey View Post
Can't believe that is your last day. Thanks for taking the time to share your holidays with us. Look forward to seeing your purchases
Hi Tracey!

Thanks for reading - glad you've enjoyed it all so far! It's been great writing about it all as it gives us a permanent reminder of the holiday so we won't forget all the fun times!
But it is sad when you get to the end!

Won't be long now for you! Are you doing a TR?

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 09, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
wickesy
VIP Dibber

Great trip report Di, thanks for posting.

Trip Reports: WDW '07 ~ WDW '08 ~ SF & Disneyland '08 ~ WDW '09 ~ Smokies '09 ~ DLP '10 ~ DCL '10 ~ Crown Princess '11 ~ WDW '11 ~ DCL '12 ~ DCL '13

wickesy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 09, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

i have really enjoyed reading all your reports,as you know.

you have given me some great ideas for when i return, and i love the photopass picture of you all waving goodbye to mk, i have never seen this sort of shot before, and i think its great.
when we leave we wave goodbye to disney world, me usually with tears in my eyes!

looking forward to seeing some pics of what you brought
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 09, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
enjoyed reading your trippies a great time had by all thanks for taking the time to do them
Old 25 Apr 09, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
THOR1
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for doing this trip report.

I have really enjoyed it.
THOR1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 09, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

I've really enjoyed your TRs thanks so much for sharing them with us!really sad that this is nearly the end!I'm not looking forward to the blues when we get home!
cd900 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 09, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Ohh, I can't believe it's all over! Love the photo of you all waving goodbye to Magic Kingdom but it was sad as well. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading all your trip reports (in fact, I've read the first few twice!), thanks for writing them and looking forward to your next trip!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 09, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Di, can't believe your trip report is over! I've had such fun reading it, Am looking forward to the photos of all your purchases! will give me a taste of what I'll be bringing back!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 03:11 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List