Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jun 09, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Unbelievable sights...Day 4...

I'm on a roll today! Here's the next one..

Day 4 – Tue 12 May – Are you talking to that squirrel?

Although to the more serious Disney folk yesterday might have seemed a little tame, we were still pretty exhausted by it, and hence happy to take it easy this morning. A leisurely breakfast got us talking about lunch, and we decided to book The Rainforest Cafe for later in the day. So, once ready, we headed back to Downtown Disney to continue from where we had left off last time...parking right at the end as usual, we walked through the sportswear shop and past the big balloon again, and reached the spitting Stitch as before..and then on to unchartered territory..

It was a gorgeous day and absolutely boiling already.

Jemima and I spotted a window inside which a woman was carefully dipping strawberries...followed by another window of delicious looking candies (an American word I know, but really there is no other word that describes them – see the photo!), before passing by some more shops and onto the Virgin megastore.

Normally we’d have looked around here for bargains, but since having the children we rarely get the opportunity to watch DVDs now (another custom that has fallen to legend and myth). It was not busy at all at Downtown, at least that’s what a lone squirrel decided as he scampered around outside the Lego shop!

We had a go at the lego (I got told off for leaning on one of the lego play areas!) and then ventured inside to check out the Duplo section. We were pleasantly surprised with the prices and came away with a zoo keeper set for Jemima, complete with polar bear, ice-berg and giraffe.

DH took a quick detour into the shop that sells signed goods ($5000 for Harry Potter items) so Jemima, Zak and I wandered into a gift store and came out with an assortment of Mickey and Minnie stickers from the shop assistants!

We had a look at the T-Rex restaurant from the outside and decided we’d be getting to know the dinosaurs soon (note to selves to book that as soon as we get back to the villa!).

We then went into the main gift shop back near the start as Jemima really really wanted to see the princess dresses (oh ok...you got me...I really really wanted to see the princess dresses). Unfortunately for me I was too big for even the biggest size, but Jemima was just big enough for the smallest, so we came away with a Belle dress... at $65 it was not cheap, but hey we’re on holiday and anyhow it’s a stunning dress! We also noticed at this point the princess boutique where children are brought and turned into American beauty queens – you know, hair back, glitter on, full glamour! We decided Jemima was just a little too young for this lol!
Look at this shop – beautiful isn’t it?!

So checking our watches it was Rainforest Time. We needn’t have booked but it felt more loyal to the Dibb to have done so (even if it was just that morning! ). We were seated at the edge beneath a large parrot and in view of the elephants and gorillas. The meal was not the best quality I must admit, but the scenery is a winner every time and Jemima insisted on being walked around the restaurant a number of times to wave at the animals (if you were dining that day and saw a young child waving, it was at the animals, not you...probably! ). Zak was content to flirt with the women on the next table, quite blatantly so!

So tummies filled, we headed back into the even stronger sunshine, with a view to heading back to the villa before possibly going to a mall (this was our take it easy day after a Disney day yesterday). After some more photo opps with Pooh and friends and Sleeping Beauty, our plans to go home were scuppered slightly when Jemima noticed the water fountains near the exit. Mummy of course was pulled in to the game and we both got a little drenched from the waist down running through the fountains..Jemima may have even got dipped into them, I don’t recall ahem...moving swiftly on!

We finally got home, and it was sooo hot, Zak had fallen asleep so went into his cot, and the three of us headed straight into the pool. It was fabulous having our own pool, completely not overlooked and clean water with sunbeds too for me!

Jemima had 2 goes on the water slide...before deciding that actually plunging into water like that when you can’t swim isn’t the wisest thing...and we were all having a whale of a time...when suddenly (eerie music starts to play)...the sky darkened, and it began to rain...no...hail I say it was hailing down. Within 5 minutes there was thunder and soon a full on lightning storm was above us. I had read the villa manual at this point, which states that Florida is the lightning capital of the world – did you know that?! And in summer, storms can descend like clockwork in the late afternoon...it also advises that in a lightning storm, one should remove oneself from the pool and avoid getting too close to the windows. Also to avoid any openings into the house as lightning can penetrate deep into the home (that sounded scary to me too!).

So we dried off, and showered, and settled down to watch the storm (from slightly away from the window! ). The digital Doppler x3 had of course picked this up hours ago, but what use was that when the cable suddenly went out?! Well...a while later...we decided to head out to Walmarts (always a refuge in a storm – that could be their florida strapline), to get some pizza and also some sandals for Jemima as all she had was trainers which would certainly not do with her new Belle dress!

Walmarts is fab – they don’t offer you baskets, just trolleys – because in America you don’t do do things small. Everyone can get a job at Walmart’s too...just don’t expect the shelf stackers to be able to answer your questions! Our checkout assistant was very friendly, and gave us hints and tips about the parks, and unusually for me, I bought a gossip mag which had Jen and Brad on the front (as well as these parents with 8 kids who we couldn’t work out who was cheating on who!).

Back at the villa, babies asleep, DH and I had a game of pool (another pleasure that’s as rare now as golden fleeces). And then some well needed sleep!

Check out Day 5

Edited at 11:48 PM.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Pity about the rain spoiling your pool fun...cant wait to see Jemima in her Belle dress

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Hi enjoyed reading your trip report x
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
shame about the rain!
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great day! Keep them coming! X.X
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

the rain wasn't too much a spoiler, but thanks for the sympathetic posts :-)
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 09, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Loving your trip reports so far. You have knack for writing them and your piccies are just fab. Seeing your pics of your little girl makes me even more excited to be taking DS next Xmas when he will be 4. Can't wait to read the next chapter.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 09, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Shame about the rain.

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 09, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi another great day and pics
scotsprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 09, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely day. I really like chilling out at Downtown Disney.