Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jun 09, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Unbelievable sights... Day 5...

Day 5 – Wed 13 May – "Let's make some magic!

Another glorious day. Up early (again!) but with good reason...we were finally heading to the Magic Kingdom today! We were all up, showered, and dressed by 8:20am, at which point we got the kids in the car, DH set the house alarm as usual and we were off. Jemima was wearing her beautiful Tinkerbell dress, and Zak (who is too small for the outfits yet (much to his relief no doubt!)) was suitably dressed in a pirating t-shirt (yar har). Oh yes and I had on my Minnie mouse style dress too (hee hee!).

Back along the old route, just missed a helicopter landing on us (how many helicopter flight places must there be in Orlando?!) and on the big sign for Magic Kingdom. We parked up in Pluto, got the bags and stuff out (we have this down to a speedy tee now!) and on to the car park shuttle. We let Jemima choose the mode of transport into the park...of course she chose the boat! Her Tinkerbell dress was getting lots of compliments and fairy questions directed to her.

Zak was doing his usual eyebrow lifts directed at any female we passed!

The boat trip was great, we got a good look at the Disney resorts (and wondered whether we’d ever make it to one of them!), some ducks flew past, and then...Cinderella’s castle emerged in front of us and the Disney magic was complete. Passing through security I thanked goodness I had emptied out that dirty nappy sack from earlier... On entering the park, we timed it just right for the fireworks and had our first (of very many) Disney pass photos taken. (yes it’s our backs but it has the fireworks in! Lol!)

Our plan had been to head straight to Pirates (grabbing a fast pass along the way), but we got totally waylaid by the appearance of Donald Duck, and then Goofy! So grabbed some shots with them. Jemima is now a huge Goofy fan!

We also seemed to just veer off into the safari boat ride (can’t remember the name) which was really good fun. We were fortunate to have a pilot who might have been Ben Stiller in another life, and left us in stitches all the way round. And then...finally we got to Pirates of the Caribbean – my favourite ride! There was no queue and it was as expected, just great...even more so with the addition of Cap’n Jack Sparrow at various points around the scene! We stepped outside and Jemima was still singing Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirate’s life for me...(at least that’s what she was trying to say!)..and guess what...Captain Hook was standing there as if waiting for us to appear!

On to Fantasyland we got a fastpass for Peter Pan and headed onto the Carousel (Jemima’s favourite – there were tears when we had to get off, until we told her that the horses were tired!).

Onto It’s a Small World next which everyone enjoyed...Zak was lulled to sleep by the singing dollies!

And then back to Peter Pan’s flight, which I enjoyed, but I’m not sure how much Jemima got to see being quite little. We’d taken drinks with us, so kept moving on, through the castle, past the Royal Table (mental note to do that when the children are older!) and on to Main Street in readiness for the parade. We chose a shady spot to sit in conveniently placed near to the ice cream parlour (total coincidence of course!) and sat down and had a rest while waiting for the parade. It was very hot and I recall there was a skipping competition in full swing...but I was busy keeping Zak from crawling away and into the nearest shop! Finally...there was a fanfare, the marching band marched past, and then...the music filtered out across the park. We’d been wise to get there early as it was pretty packed now. Jemima loved the parade (a definite must for young children) and was spoken to by Sleeping Beauty’s fairies. More waving and more waving and lots of dancing and did I say waving? The park was then swept up by two guys with large machines..and everything was back to normal!

Jemima was tired now, so we bought the customary balloon – one with all the princesses on, and headed back to the villa.

Another dip in the pool...this time joined by Zak, who was in his element and totally happy, followed by pizza and ice-cream!

Bit of late night news...and lots of adverts for New Smyrna Beach, the place to be (evidently not the sea, given the shark attack reported on the news!) ...and then to bed to dream of Mickey and Minnie, and Goofy, and Do... zzzz...

Check out Day 6

Edited at 10:32 PM.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 09, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
AmandaB
Imagineer

A great day and lovely photo's.

I loved entering Magic kingdom Via the ferry.

Thanks for sharing with us all.

2020 Cancelled, 2021 in planning
AmandaB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 09, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Brilliant day and great photos. I love your 'Minnie' dress
Old 3 Jun 09, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pjarobinson
Excited about Disney

Great report.

Old 3 Jun 09, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJoBell
VIP Dibber

JoJoBell's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
A brilliant day with some wonderful photo's.
JoJoBell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 09, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Another great review, I am loving them all.
Old 3 Jun 09, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
another great day

great pics again
scotsprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 09, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
PIGLET38
Imagineer

Great day and photos. The fireworks look fab - didn't know they did that. Can't wait for the next day.

1993 & 1994 Kissimmee*1999 ASM*2000 Lindfields*2006 Pop Century*2010 Windsor Hills, AKL & ASM*2012 Villa Greater Groves*2014 Cabana Bay/Disney Cruise*Apr2016 Villa Whispering Oaks*Aug2016 Highlands Reserve & RPR*Apr2018 CBR*July2018 HR Villa & Anna Maria*AUG2019 HRH*Dec 2022 Regal Oaks*Mar 2023 HR Villa*
PIGLET38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 09, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

love the pic of jemima in her cossie smiling away, makes me remember just why we work so hard to take the kids on holiday, its to see our kidddies with smiles like that great trippie cant wwait to read more xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 09, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
a great day and pics
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List