Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Our (1st! ) holiday of a lifetime to Disney - Day 11

Today we were went off to Aquatica. Up at 8am, breakfast was ham and eggs on toast.

Cynthia gave the kids stickers today and they both actually spoke to her!
here are the little devils
[IMG][/IMG]

Just the I-trolley today but it was more packed than ever which led to another discussion about driving on our next trip!

There aren't many photos today I'm afraid and the ones I will post aren't that fab either, so apologies but i just don't do the camera shots in the water parks!

We got to Aquatica about 10.30 and made our base at Katas Kookaburra, again this was aimed more for Jess but there were slides Brandon could go on too here and we were right next door to big surf sand the wave pool so Brandon and Chris frequently went in there too.

The kids had had a splash and we all made our way to the wave pool (water was lovely and warm) - the sky went black and the heavens opened.

What is it with us and waterparks, we'd got rained out of BB and now the same seemed to be happening here! Thank god this time the rain only lasted about 20 mins or so, the storm passed and we could go back in the water - phew!

kids dragged me on various little slides throughout the morning and for lunch we went to the Mango Market.
[IMG][/IMG]
Brandon with his Cheese and Turkey Sandwhich - Americans certainly seem a fan of that combination...

[IMG][/IMG]
Jess had the same

[IMG][/IMG]
Chris had a chicken platter wth chips...

[IMG][/IMG]
And finally my pizza...I know - it's just a pizza but told you I was struggling for photo's today!

We all went on Roas Rapids together - about 3 times - me and Chris took turns holding Jess so each of us could go round in peace! And Brandon loved it = he didn't want to get out!

Here's my view of the pool from my lounger :
[IMG][/IMG]

Chris and Brandon went off and did a couple of slides without announcing it to little miss tantrum. Instead I let her take me on some more little slides...

Chris didn't manage to do the Dolphin Chute, we were happy enough watching from the viewing point instead.

We went to a stall and I ordered beers for me and Chris and ice creams for the kids, the guy asked for my ID (happened everywhere to me over here but didn't mind as it happens at home all the time too) so I happily handed it over then I gave him my credit card and he took it but then explained his systems had gone down and he could only take cash but I could go to any other stall if I wanted to use it. It was okay tho I had cash on me so I handed it over with a smile,
"Geez," he said "English people are so nice, i wanna come live in England!" When I laughed he was like, no really, Americans are really crabby and complain about everything and can be quite mean!

That reminded me of earlier when I was getting my towels and locker key, there was an American lady in front of us at the counter and she was complaining loudly about something but I couldn't work out was it was, we were only hiring towels for goodness sake!

Turns out she was trying to use her husbands credit card(he wasn't in the park) and it wasn't even signed on the back so the staff wouldn't take but she insisted on seeing the manager anyway but he wouldn't accept it either...

I only found this out as she had the locker next to ours and was complaining loudly on her phone to him when I got there. what if the card had been stolen, I'm sure she'd thank staff then - but they are so much more lax in America when it comes to credit cards (in my opinion anyway...)

We left at about 3.30 today as we had a Pirate Dinner Adventure booked at 6.30pm (I'd called and reseved places the day before ( our hotel room phone was free to use for local calls)

I booked this pre-dibb and once I was on here I realised this particular dinner show doesn't get the best reviews but, we went with an open mind anyway - Brandon was excited about it.

Lets just say, I wouldn't do it again - it's not my thing anyway. The food was less than medicore, I'd even go as far to say it was strange.

We had Veg Soup to start (can't even explain to you what that tasted like..)
The main was Chicken, pork, rice, potato wedge and vegetables all ont he same plate - very bizarre! edible but we didn't enjoy, the kids seemed okay with it though!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

the upside was, Brandon had a fabulous time! he joned in with all the songs and shoutin and cheering etc, so it wasn't a complete waste of time!

We nipped into the Reebok outlet just down the road from us on the way home and Chris bought lots of shorts and tops, I got a t-shirt and 2 pairs of flip flops for $9.99 as they were BOGOF! In total we spent £52.00 which Chris was over the moon about - he loves a bargain!

short(ish) post today folks but Magic Kingdom again tomorrow will be a longer one!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 10:54 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 09, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
angieanguk
slightly serious Dibber

Great day!
angieanguk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 09, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
warbiespig77
Imagineer

warbiespig77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We did the pirate show/dinner too and it was vile never again we did the dolly parton one and that was excellent and would go again the food was great but they closed it down to make room for more shops.Then last year we did the medieval times dinner and that was quite good food was better than pirates but then even my hubbys cooking is better than pirates!
warbiespig77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 09, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Great day - shame about the pirate dinner. At least your son enjoyed himself.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 09, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Sounds like you had fun, and the rain didn't last long fortunately!

It's nice to hear a positive comment about the British from a US point of view! We always think they're so polite, but it's true, if they're unhappy about something they are very quick to complain!

And I agree about the CC - we're very careful over here with Chip & PIN in comparison!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 09, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great Day.

We did the Pirate Show on our 1st visit, also pre Dibb, thought it was total pants and thats being nice
Old 10 Jul 09, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
woolamstiger
Excited about Disney

woolamstiger's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Another great day at least your son looked as though he enjoyed the pirate show
Old 10 Jul 09, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Old 11 Jul 09, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 20
We have never been to Aquatica - not sure if we will go next year or not but it does look good.

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 09, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
you seemed to have a great time
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List