Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Jul 09, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

It's Been A Long Time Coming: Day 6

Today was a day I had much anticipated...our first character breakfast Our ADR at Tusker House was for 8:10 so we were up very early and got a taxi from our hotel. Note: This cost $46 to AK, if we had ordered a yellow cab instead of taking the hotel taxi we would have saved about $10 :angry: Ah well you live and learn, nothing was going to spoil my mood today! We arrived at the park with plenty of time to spare for silly photo ops:

(I'm touching Everest!)

A little background to our character breakfast:

We had originally decided (well Ryan had) that character breakfasts were for babies and we were faaaaar too mature fore them.However...as time wore on and our holiday got nearer I decided it was something I'd really love to do. So I posted a question on here asking which one to do (thanks for all the replies.) Rang Disney and the only ADR they could give me which suited was for Tusker House, so I took it even though it hadn't really been highly recommended, when I told Ryan his exact words were "Don't be expectin' me to hug Mickey Mouse or anything! " So I agreed and Ryan was designated photographer for the morning. I went along my merry way until a few days before our holiday and the ADR system went online. Well it would be rude not to try it out wouldn't it? So, had a wee look for CP on our last morning and it was available! Peter Kay stylee "booked it, packed it..." and well you know the rest. Kept the CP booking a little secret as I thought Ryan might not be too impressed so decided to wait and see what he thought of Donald's Safari Breakfast and I could always cancel CP if I had to. Anyway, I digress, here are our photos, I'll let you decide for yourself whether Ryan enjoyed himself, his wee face says it all:

Ahem...I think that might be a hug Ryan

Continued...
Old 18 Jul 09, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Absolutely LOVED this breakfast, can't describe how much. Food was great, we definitely had second and third and possibly fourth helpings. Ryan said he had never seen me eat so much! I loved watching all the little kids getting really excited when the characters got near their table and the parade in the middle was brilliant, I can understand why so many of you do these with your kids, just the best experience! The characters were great and they all signed my vintage 1998 autograph book lol. Daisy was a shameless flirt and kept making kissing noises at Ryan and she told him to call her. He LOVED her! And even though he likes to think he's all manly and cool I know he really enjoyed this, he kept pointing and saying things like "oh quick get the camera ready mickey is nearly here." What can I say, when I'm right, I'm right!

Here's Ryan and my replacement:

I'm not the jealous type, I love her too:

We bought the photo that they took of us at the start(I'm going to try and post all the photos we bought in my last post, my ride faces are gonna give you all a good laugh!) So a pretty expensive morning but worth every penny! We left just after 9 and got FPs for the safari then headed for ITTBAB. Prepare yourselves, sexy picture alert:

I remember this being very disturbing as a child and having to leave half way through (I have serious arachnophobia) but I made it through this time adn it def wasn't scary, I just closed my eyes at the spider part. We went back and did our safari and Ryan thought he was Richard Attenborough, we have around 100 photos, I'll spare you all the boredom:

It was good to get on the safari in the morning as I think we saw most of the animals we were supposed to. Onwards to EE, I had heard scary things about this and it making people sick etc. so I was a tad nervous, this was compounded by the 50 min wait we had. Further magnified by the boiling heat (today wasn't as hot as our day at MK but AK felt much hotter, anyone else think this?) Anyway, needn't have worried I didn't really think EE was any worse than Thunder Mountain, maybe a little but not too bad. We really enjoyed it and thought it was very well done. Grabbed some FPs for Kali River rapids and walked the Maharaja Jungle Trek where we saw this guy:

and I, apparently, rode a bike? I don't remember this but hi ho:

Next, we went on Dinosaur, I was a bit afraid it was going to be a simulator (cue dry heaving) but thankfully it wasn't and it was actually a brilliant ride.
To be honest, we were flagging a bit today, it seemed very hot and we just weren't finding this park all that interesting so we made an executive decision to go and see Finding Nemo to get out of the heat for a while and to waste some time before our Kali FPs. Wow, the theatre filled up fast, we were there about 45 mins before and the place was full very quickly so if you want to do this get there really early! A nice sit down in some aircon for the geriatrics (that would be me and Ryan today apparently) was just what we needed. I loved this show, Ryan had never seen FN so it might have been a bit lost on him but I think he was just happy for the seat. Refreshed, we headed for Kali. I got soaked, like I might as well have jumped in the river soaked. Ryan wasn't sitting anywhere near me (thanks to a really rude man who wouldn't move to let us sit together) so he just got to laugh at me the whole way round. There was a very unfortunate american woman who kept screaming that she had reservations at the rainforest cafe at 5 and didn't want her hair to get wet. She looked like a drowned rat at the end, of course we didnt laugh So, thoroughly drenched we made for DTD for our ADR at T Rex. Got the bus to Coronado Springs and then another bus to DTD, wasn't too bad, took about 20 mins. Had a look around DTD and bought presents for everyone back home and then hunger got the better of us so we went for our 6:45 ADR at 5. As it turned out it wasn't a problem and we were seated right away, in the ice cave. I swear it was colder in here than the rest of the restaurant and being that I was still quite soggy I froze the whole way through our meal. Theming in here is amazing, food was nothing special but a good experience. Would I go again? Probably not but it was nice to say we'd done it. These are the only photos I took as I was trying too hard to retain body heat to think of anything else.

Finished up and had another look around the shops, I could literally buy everything in the Christmas shop, I would love a Disney tree! We took a taxi home as we didn't fancy waiting 4 hours for the hotel shuttle! Had a swim in the hotel pool and then headed to bed for some Family Guy watching! Today: loved loved loved our breakfast, AK a little disappointing, think I'd only do the morning there again.

Tomorrow:Epcot
Old 18 Jul 09, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TobyK
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 138
Great photos! Poor you, shivering through your meal at TRex! I love AK - didn't you go to see Festival of the Lion King? And the bird show is great, too.
TobyK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 09, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TobyK View Post
Great photos! Poor you, shivering through your meal at TRex! I love AK - didn't you go to see Festival of the Lion King? And the bird show is great, too.
I know, I really wanted to see the Festival of the Lion King but the show times were hard to fit around everything else, it's on my list for next time. Bird show...not so sure, they scare me when they fly
Old 18 Jul 09, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
woolamstiger
Excited about Disney

woolamstiger's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Glad you enjoyed your character meal you can't beat them! Love the everest pic!
Old 18 Jul 09, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
What a fab day! It's nice to catch up with your report now I've finished mine, it's nice to see what you did each day cos we were there at the same time! Tusker house is fab isn't it! we did that as our first character meal ever and I LOVED it! very jealous that you have CP too! looking forward to the rest

ps I can see how much Ryan was 'struggling' to have fun

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 09, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
great day and pics
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 09, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
vaunlou
Imagineer

vaunlou's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
fab photos,looks like you had a great time
vaunlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 09, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I loved it ...big changes since 1998?

... Ryan is like my DH, , when there is a chance of seeing Donald he will Q like for ever! but tell people it is me who is keen.

I understand about the Christmas shop very tempting

We have an ADR for T rex and will bring extra to wear... I don't do cold

looking forward to more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 09, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Loving your trip report, but I just don't understand why they always ake the air conditioning so cold in these places.

I went to the "Build A Dino" beside T-Rex. I think it was about the closest I can imagine to hell on earth :-)

regards,
/alan
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List