Guidebook Photos: 8
Our Girls finally Meet Mickey Day one part two

Day One - Getting There Part Two

Cast

Me – Tracey aka Chaffey 38
DH – Paul 42
DD1 – Millie or Mo nearly 5
DD2 – Olivia or Lopsey 21/2

Ok so having arrived at the hotel all safe and sound I sent DH in to reception to check-in whilst I waited in the car with both DD’s. I think DH had the easy option as by now all our DD’s wanted was to get out and have a run around. I couldn’t blame them really.

After what seemed like ages, well probably 15mins but it always seems longer when you are the one sitting around DH came back and told us that we had been given his request to be in the Keys area of the hotel. He had requested this area at booking as he wanted to be in the quite area so no one disturbed us if the girls were having a rest etc. What he didn’t realise was that this meant we would be furthest away from everything. Oh well, we live and learn.

We had been given room 206 in block 13. We drive down and managed to park right outside the entrance.

Block 13 entrance

Both girls by now were chomping at the bit to get out of the car and go to what they called our new home. If only. We all went up to the room carrying what we could. Both DD’s were ecstatic to be allowed to run free. The apartment was clean, tidy and big enough for the girls to go mad. DH left me in the room with both girls whilst he went and got all the suitcases out of the car, bless him. He managed to find a luggage trolley so managed to bring everything up in one go. Now at this point I could quite easily of collapsed on the bed but knew that this would have dire consequences later on in the evening.

Millie and Olivia ran around looking at all the rooms but soon settled down to play at the table allowing me time to just sort out a few bits and take some photos before we headed off to Publix’s.

The Entrance/kitchen

Millie and Olivia's Room

Millie and Olivia's Bathroom

Our Room

Just part of our massive bathroom

It was at this point that DH declared “Just hit me now to save killing me later.” Confused I just looked at him. I knew I was tired but really couldn’t figure out what he was talking about. It was then he pulled Dear Doggie out of his trouser pocket. Olivia went absolutely mental and grabbed Dear Doggie straight out of his hands. There was no way she was letting him have Dear doggie back ever again. The next ten minutes was spent with Olivia just saying Dear Doggie is back cuddling and kissing him. To say the least I was filled with relief as now there was some hope that she would now be able to go to sleep tonight without to many tears. So with peace restored in our new home we decided that it was time to find some food and drink.

The Beloved Dear Doggie on the table

Our original plan had been to go and visit DH’s favourite restaurant but decided that the Outback would just have to wait until tomorrow evening. We decided that none of us was up to having a heavy meal so opted to go to Publix’s and just get a few nibbles. DD’s were none to happy at going back in the car again but we promised them it was only a short trip. Five minutes later we were pulling up at Publix. God I love this hotel, the location is just great.

We’d decided that we would just get the bear essentials and go back to the hotel for a quick bite to eating before putting the girls to bed. I think we were in and out having spent $60.11 in about half an hour. We arrived back at the hotel at about 8.45. We all had the girl’s favourite picnic tea consisting of french bread, ham, hot roast chicken, cucumber and grapes.

With everyone suitable stuffed we allowed the girls 15minutes to let their tea go down before getting them ready for bed. The girls had their own bedroom and a bed each to save any arguing, but you guessed it they both wanted to sleep in the same bed. With all their cuddly toys around them, they both willing climbed into bed snuggled down and were out like lights. Poor Millie had been up for 20 hrs so I think she was finally glad to be able to go to sleep. Olivia well she had Dear Doggie firmly grasped in her hands all night.

I think we finally gave in and went to bed about 10pm having been up for 23hrs.

Tomorrow breakfast at CRT and Magic Kingdom

Edited at 10:08 AM.
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 09, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy+4
Dibbing with Tink

Fairy+4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thank goodness dear doggie was found, my little Jess has a polar bear that goes everywhere with her and is heartbroke if she ever can't find it. Sounds like a great first day, i'm really looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip xx
Old 31 Jul 09, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fairy+4 View Post
Thank goodness dear doggie was found, my little Jess has a polar bear that goes everywhere with her and is heartbroke if she ever can't find it. Sounds like a great first day, i'm really looking forward to reading about the rest of your trip xx
I have to say it was such a relief to find him. I'm not sure we would have coped for two weeks without him. Even now she still goes on about losing him and then Daddy having him in his pocket.:angry:
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 09, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Fairy+4
Dibbing with Tink

Fairy+4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by chaffey View Post
I have to say it was such a relief to find him. I'm not sure we would have coped for two weeks without him. Even now she still goes on about losing him and then Daddy having him in his pocket.:angry:
Little girls never forget anything do they
Old 31 Jul 09, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
bouncybeth79
slightly serious Dibber

oh naughty daddy - lol, glad you had a nice end to the day, looking forward to tomorrows report
Old 31 Jul 09, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
hayes37
Very Serious Dibber

hayes37's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
what hotel are you staying at looks fab
hayes37 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 09, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post

yah! dear doggie was not too far away!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 09, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by hayes37 View Post
what hotel are you staying at looks fab
We stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Villages at the bottom of International Drive. We loved it and DH has even decided which block we should stay in next time we go.
Old 1 Aug 09, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Brillant news that Dear Doggie was found.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 09, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
nice accomodation, nice piccies look forward to the rest shirley
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List