Our girls finally meet Mickey Day Two Part One

Day Two CRT and MK

27th May 2009

Cast

Me – Tracey aka Chaffey 38
DH – Paul 42
DD1 – Millie or Mo nearly 5
DD2 – Olivia or Lopsey 21/2

With the saga of Dear Doggie behind us and two sleeping beauty’s I was hoping for a few decent hours in the land of nod. Well no, this wasn’t to be. I think I saw 10.30, 1,2 and 3 at which point I switched on the telly and flicked through about 100 channels. I tossed and turned and finally gave up at 6. DH didn’t sleep much better either. Just as I got up to start getting ready I heard the patter of tiny feet and the distant cries of 'Mummy, where are you?' Olivia climbed into our bed and snuggled up to Daddy. I think she was still a little confused as to what we were actually doing here. Millie on the other hand was still fast asleep. I don’t think she would have woken up even if I’d dropped a bomb right next to her bed bless her.

Now to try out our huge bathroom. The shower unit was big enough for a party and certainly gave a good jet of water. This was a good job otherwise I think I might just of dozed back off. Is it just me or is that first shower after a long flight just so good? I managed to kick DH in to shape too after all we were having breakfast with the Princesses at Cinderella’s Royal Table. Before I knew about the Dibb I’d never heard of an ADR and certainly not about a restaurant in THE CASTLE. I’m not sure who was more excited us biggies or DD’s.

I finally have to give in and wake Millie up otherwise we would be late for our ADR. So at 7.15 I start the long process of attempting to wake her. I think this probably took about 15 minutes which bearing in mind she had been awake for about 20 hrs yesterday was good. Sometimes it takes me longer than this on a school morning! After a very quick dip in the bath both of them are creamed and dressed ready for our first official day of our dream trip.

We leave about 8am thinking we had left ourselves enough time to get to the MK for 9.30. We arrive about 8.30 and by the time we have unloaded and had a disagreement with Olivia over the wearing of her hat we start the walk to the TTC at 8.45. We exchange our vouchers for our proper tickets with very little fuss and take the Ferry across. You guessed it the sight of THE CASTLE makes me go all goose bumply and the girls faces are an absolute picture. Their little faces will stay in my memories for many years to come.

Millie having just seen the Castle

We enter the park at 9.15 and head straight to the shop for autograph books and pens. Then it’s a quick dash down Main Street and on to CRT. We arrive dead on time at 9.30.

We check-in and the first question they ask is are you on DDP. I do wonder if we would have been treated any differently if I’d said yes. Without further ado we were shown straight through for our picture with Cinders. Millie is a little apprehensive at this stage and informs us she doesn’t want to go in. Olivia is just staying close to me not really sure what to make of it all. With a little bit of coaxing we manage to get both of them to enter and have their photo taken. By the look of their faces both are a little startled but go along with it for our sakes.

We climb the stairs where both girls are amazed at actually being inside Cinderella’s Castle. Both are given a magic wand and wishing star before being shown to our table. Now I expected this restaurant to be completely full knowing how hard it can be to get an ADR but the whole middle section was completely empty. This did mean though that the Princess’s were not too rushed and tried really hard to coax Millie to come and see them. Olivia would jump down as soon as she saw one coming but as you can see from the photos didn’t look too happy about it. What she did enjoy though was making the wish up on her star. Bless her she was really in to the magic of it all.

Millie and Snow White

Not sure why Millie thought Aurora was so scary

chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 09, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
wonder who's having more fun here

Belle tried so hard to get Olivia to smile but it just wasn't happening

Millie finally joined in the fun much to our relief

There was plenty of time between each visiting Princess to enjoy the rather scrummy breakfast. The sauce on top of the waffle was to die for and the breakfast potatos were excellent too. The service here was fab and as soon as we had finished the waiter was there offering us more. After two helpings we called it a day as we didn’t want to feel too stuffed as we set off for our first rides of the holiday. Both girls decided that it was great fun and wanted to know when we would be going back. Much to their dismay I told them the next trip would not be until our next holiday. DH declared that this was the perfect start for our long awaited holiday. So I guess when we finally book again I will be there at the 90 day mark keeping everything crossed that we will be able to go again. The things we do to make sure we can offer our offspring all these little extras.

After leaving CRT at 10.30 we are greeted by blazing hot sunshine and just sat for a few minutes deciding where we were heading first and taking in the lovely views.

We had decided during our planning that today was a day to take things easy and we weren’t in any rush to get things done. We knew that the girls would probably be ready for a break quite early on and wanted to ease them in to things slowly. However the girls had another theory and started asking what we were doing next and what could they go on.
Well that’s us told then! So of we go to Cinderella’s Carousel where we wait no longer than five minutes. Both DD’s think this is excellent and want to ride again.

Who's having more fun?

After a little explanation about the amount of things there are to do we head over to Philamagic. This is walk on. Millie laughs her head off the whole way through whilst Olivia declares I want to get out of here! I think the spray of water was a little to much for her! I try and get her to sit on my lap but she’s having known of it and insists that she sits in her own seat. She’s glad when it’s over and has great fun collecting our glasses and depositing them in the bins. Isn’t it funny how little minds work and what keeps them happy!
Outside I re-apply the suncream and what I find funny is how many people look at you as if you are doing something weird. You’d think you would see loads of people doing it. Next we headed to It’s a small world. There was only a 10 minute wait and for the whole ride both Millie and Olivia sat completely mesmerized. But you guessed it they managed to keep singing the song on our exit.

Olivia's expression didn't change the whole way run

By now it was heading towards lunch time and everyone was flagging a bit so we walked over to Toontown and waited for the Railroad. Just as we got here Olivia started to fall asleep. Not wanting her to go to sleep just yet I got her out the buggy hoping I could delay the sleep until after we had ridden. This worked a treat. We went all the way around the park on the train and then got off at Main Street declaring it was time to go home for a sleep. Whilst riding around we had seen the clouds starting to roll in. So we stopped by Main Street and got our first photopass. You can’t come all this way and not have a photo on your first day!

Next we head off to get Olivia her 1st visit badge, we also have to get one for Millie as well as she doesn’t want to be left out and more to the point the first time we took her I didn’t get one. DH declares that it’s time to leave now and I hesitate saying you sure you don’t want to waste a bit of time while the clouds disappear. ‘No, no,’ came the reply ‘it’ll be fine we should make it back to the car before it rains too hard! ’ Well you can probably guess what happens next.:angry::angry:

Millie and Olivia decide they would like to ride the Monorail back so off we head. We arrive back at the TTC and feel the first drops of rain. We opt to take the tram back to the car and as I am sat on the outside I feel the rain is getting heavier. By the time we get to the car park the heavens open and we end up completely drenched. I think we would have been drier if we’d ridden Bilge Rat barges five times. We chuck everything in the car as quick as possible including the girls and we all end up in a fit of giggles at just how wet we all are. If only I’d insisted on doing a bit of shopping before we left! DH might just listen to my suggestion next time.

More to follow
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 09, 12:21 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 09, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
cloud
Imagineer

cloud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What a magical time for your little girls! one of the best pics I've seen of Cinderellas castle, truely beautiful!

Seattle December 2022
cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 09, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post

what a lovely first morning for your girls!
Old 12 Aug 09, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 09, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report and pics are great memories too
Old 12 Aug 09, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Minniespal View Post
Another great report with lovely photos.
Thanks

Originally Posted by cloud View Post
What a magical time for your little girls! one of the best pics I've seen of Cinderellas castle, truely beautiful!
Thank you, I figured everyone me included always takes photos of the front of the castle but never the back!

Originally Posted by Wishes36 View Post
what a lovely first morning for your girls!
Even if their faces didn't show it at times they did have fun and would have been quite happy doing the same park all week!

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great report
Thanks

Originally Posted by jaff View Post
Great report and pics are great memories too
Memories that we will never forget and doing the report sure keeps them alive
Old 12 Aug 09, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
bouncybeth79
slightly serious Dibber

Great day x x
Old 12 Aug 09, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
what a great start to the day