VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Strollers Not Included - Pre Trippie

We are off on Friday for our 7th trip of a lifetime, so I thought I'd do a bit of a pre-trippie. I haven't yet decided if I will take the laptop and do a live trip report, or use my trusty notepad and pen and do it when I return.

So, Cast:
Bev, age undisclosed, bit of a Disney nerd...

Phil, older than me, closet Disney nerd, he doesn't Dibb but he seems to know a lot of stuff - I suspect he secretly lurks...

Katie, 11, heading off on her 7th trip. She's a bit of a wimp for trying new things, but likes all Big Thunder and Space Mountain. I want to get her on Rock N Roller Coaster, and into Haunted Mansion, but she's not keen.

Molly, turning 6 on holiday, this is her 5th Disney trip... Do we go often? Apparently, we do... She's quite brave and this year she's quite tall, so will be interesting to see what she rides this year. She already loves Splash and Big Thunder.

The plan...

We are driving to Manchester on Friday, spending the night at a Travelodge, and then flying out on Saturday afternoon.

Saturday night is being spent at POP Century. Mainly because it will save us some DVC points, but it's also a resort we have both fancied trying out, so we are giving it a very brief try

Sunday - Thursday we are at the Beach Club in a Studio. I am really looking forward to the BCV, it looks lovely and I think Stormalong Bay will be brilliant.

Thursday - Sunday we are trying out a Disney Cruise. We've never cruised before, but some Dibbing friends have been trying to talk us into one for many years, so we have raided every last DVC point we could borrow and are trying one out. I almost hope we don't like it, because it used a lot of points! I am reluctant to say it's once in a lifetime, but we certainly can't do this every trip.

Sunday - Saturday Back to WDW and a 1 bed villa at the Boardwalk. We stayed here in 2007 and loved it, so we are excited to return. Plus after a week sharing a room I think we will be ready for some space, and a washing machine!

Interesting bits & pieces
That's a bit presumptive isn't it? maybe this bit will be really boring?

We are meeting up with quite a few people on holiday, including someone I went to University with (in the USA) who I haven't seen since I left University nearly 20 years ago and some Dibbing families who we overlap with.

This is our first trip using MYW Base tickets - so it will be interesting to see how we will get on without park hopping or water park access. We will have Stormalong Bay the first week, and a visit to Castaway Cay on the cruise, so I am hoping we will be ok without water parks, but we have always hopped in the past, so that may be more restrictive. We shall have to see.

No Dining Plan... Although we are going during free dining, we are using DVC points so we don't get free dining, and we've opted not to buy the DDP - we have booked a couple of ADRs and intend to eat offsite for the rest of the holiday. I am curious how much we will spend on food, so I will be trying to keep a tally of meal costs.

Minimal Packing. As we are moving around so much, I have really been strict on the packing. We are taking 5 park outfits each, and 2 smart outfits, and a swimsuit and that's it! I am quite confident we will have plenty, it seems we normally take loads of stuff and never wear it, so I've been quite strict. I've also used a trick I've read about before, which is to pack outfits in ziplock bags. So each outfit is in a bag with knickers, socks, shorts, t-shirt etc. I don't intend to recreate the bags after I do laundry but I thought it would get us through the first week and it made it much easier to work out what to pack and helped me resist the temptation to chuck in a couple more t-shirts, and a spare pair of shorts.

And, onto the title of the report...

This is our first ever trip without a stroller. We have 6 WDW and 2 DLP trips under our belt, and always with a stroller. We have decided not to take a stroller this year. Actually, we don't own one anymore and DH wouldn't let me buy a new one. Molly will turn 6 whilst we are away and is normally a good walker, although she is prone to a bout of 'Achy legs', so we will see how we get on. Phil is determined that we will be stroller free, I am wavering a little. Mostly because I am worried about how we will carry the water, spare clothes, snacks etc...

I have a horrible feeling this is really boring... Hopefully the actual trip will be much more exciting!

Edited at 09:04 PM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 09, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Well I didn't think that was boring! I love the sound of your trip, lots of moving around and new experiences. I hope you have a wonderful time
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 09, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post

sounds great,i love the sound of staying in different places,but with 6 kids in tow its a bit much for us,hope you have a great time, maybe we will see you there,
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 09, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Have a fab trip! We had our first non-stroller trip Easter 2008 and it was a very freeing experience! DD was 4, nearly 5, at the time and she coped fine with plenty of rest stops, so I'm sure Molly will be fine. Look forward to reading the trip reports.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 09, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fudgie
Imagineer

It sounds great to me! I'm very impressed with your "minimal packing" - every year I promise myself I can travel light, and every year I fail miserably so I can't wait to hear how you manage with your 5 outfits!

Have a great time and hope you manage without a stroller...
fudgie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 09, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
disneybabe
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 8
You took the words right out of my mouth! LOL! Will love to hear how you go with your outfits - it will be a lesson for us all to learn! How many times do I think I am going to take less and then pack far too many clothes? UMMM let me think about this... EVERYTIME!

Have a truly fabulous holiday!

Christine

Originally Posted by fudgie View Post
It sounds great to me! I'm very impressed with your "minimal packing" - every year I promise myself I can travel light, and every year I fail miserably so I can't wait to hear how you manage with your 5 outfits!

Have a great time and hope you manage without a stroller...
disneybabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 09, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Sounds great to me...have a fantastic trip x
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 09, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
hayleyandhilda
Imagineer

boring ... no way its great to hear what plans you have

good luck with your minimal packing though i am one of those people who throws in a couple of extra here and there and then never wear them
2015 sunset lakes - dibbvilla owed by sunset lakes
hayleyandhilda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 09, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
georgina
Serious Dibber

georgina's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
wallmart sell strollers for $10.00 with a shade. I have bought one now every trip... Good luck have a nice trip
Old 17 Aug 09, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Hope you don't enjoy the cruise iykwim hope you all have a fantastic trip and look forward to reading about it when you get back
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List