Our girls Finally meet Mickey - Day 3 DHS

Day 3 – Disney Hollywood Studios

Thursday 28th May 2009

Cast

Me – Tracey aka Chaffey 38
DH – Paul 42
DD1 – Millie or Mo nearly 5
DD2 – Olivia or Lopsey 21/2

After our very special day yesterday today we had planned a day to DHS. I was hoping that I would be able to sleep past 3 o’clock but alas I woke just after 3 and never actually went back to sleep. Having been on a healthy eating plan for this year (slimming world but I get told off if I call it a diet) my body just wasn’t used to having rich food so I was suffering from stomach pains. Note to self to try and be a bit healthy for the rest of the holiday. I take some Gaviscon to see if I could alleviate the pains and get so more sleep but it was useless. However I did get to watch Mousetrap a film I loved from my younger years before finally deciding to get ready at 6 o’clock.

DH was up about 6.30 followed closely by both DD’s at 7. The shower enclosure was so big both DD’s jumped in the shower with DH. This was much easier than having to run a bath for them. We try the girls with some toast again but neither of them like it. Well I guess that will be another snack breakfast in the park then.

With everyone sun-creamed and bags packed we are ready to leave the apartment just after 8am. We arrive just after 8.30 and park in Stage 15. It seemed to take forever to get through the gates today so as soon as we were in DH and Millie ran off to get fast passes for Toy story Mania. Having read the reviews on here about this ride there was no way I was going to miss it. Myself and Olivia hung back and grabbed some park maps etc and took a slow walk over towards Toy Story where we found DH in a long Q for fast passes. I was amazed at how many people still tried to get to the front of this Q even though there was Cast Members all along the line telling everyone exactly what they were queuing for. We managed to get fast passes for 11.20.

After this we headed to Voyage of the Mermaid. This was walk on but we seemed to be held in the waiting area for ages. Both DD’s loved this even if Ursula was a little scary. After leaving here we headed over to see if High School Musical was about to begin. Just as we got there they were coming up the road and managed to get a seat just two rows back centre stage. DD1 had never really paid any attention to HSM until all her class mates started going on about it and even now although she says she likes it she still prefers Princess but doesn’t like to mention it in front of her friends. She’s only five and peer pressure seems to be stopping her admitting what she really likes. Anyhow both DD’s were trying to sing the songs and thoroughly enjoyed it even if it meant that we had to sit in blazing hot sunshine.

After sitting in the sun it was definitely time for refreshments. :pop: We found some shade and DH went of and got a diet coke, water and cookies. What a healthy breakfast! Whilst sitting enjoying the respite of the shade Tigger appeared, so I joined the queue. DD’s were a little braver this morning and were quite willing to come with me.

With Tigger’s autograph added to our collection and a few photopass pictures it was now time for Toy Story Mania. The only disadvantage to having fastpasses is you don’t get to see the scenery in the waiting area, but I wasn’t joining the normal queue which was well over 60mins just so I could see it. Millie went with Paul and Olivia came with me. Now DH is quite competitive on rides like these so we all had to try and beat him. But you guessed it he beat us all. My excuse was I was trying to help Olivia so my score was affected a little.
So our scores,

Olivia bless her – 2,700

Millie was pleased with her effort – 30,000

Mine – 58,700

Paul – 81,000

For a first attempt the scores weren’t that bad, but we will be back in 2012 and will aim to do better. Everyone really enjoyed this and declared it a great family attraction.
I tried to call home just to let everyone know that we had arrived safely but after putting all my quarters in, I very stupidly pressed the wrong button and managed to lose all my money.:angry: DOH! The call will wait until tomorrow then.

Continued
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 09, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
After re-creaming DD’s we decided or maybe it was me that it was time for my first Mickey Mouse ice cream. I’d waited over four years for this and nothing was going to stand in my way. All I can say is it was worth the wait! DD’s enjoyed their ice cream too even if Olivia managed to completely cover herself with chocolate.

With a quick clean up we headed round to Muppets Vision 3D. The clouds were starting to bubble now so we thought we would be clever and park our buggies under the shelter in the hope that if it rained they would stay dry. We headed straight in without a wait and only had to wait a few minutes in the waiting area before being let in. Millie loved this and laughed all the way through but Olivia was still not sure about the 3D concept.

As we came out we headed to the Christmas shop and the girls had a climb on the snowmen.

Whilst standing here the heavens just opened so we dashed to the store opposite in the hope it was just a passing shower. Well after about 15minutes we decided that the only way to get things done was to buy a couple of ponchos to keep the girls dry and carry on.

Luckily I’d packed mine and DH’s ponchos from a previous visit, the bright yellow ones so there was no missing us. So $15 lighter we head back for our buggies only to find that some nice soul had moved them and the seats were completely filled with water. Not to be defeated and as it was now only a light shower we put our ponchos over the really wet bits and made sure that DD’s were sat on theirs, double thickness might mean they would keep their bottoms dry.

Next up was Playhouse Disney show at which point Olivia decided she would fall asleep, so being mean again I quickly whip her out of the buggy and tell her we are going to see Mickey and Handy Manny. Luckily she woke up quite quickly and we managed to get seats at the back of the room, just before they closed the doors.

Well it was brilliant, DD’s were up dancing and clapping the whole way through and both wanted to go back and see the next show. However we had plans to see Block Bash Party. On exiting the show Millie insisted that she wanted to meet Jo Jo. So we queued for no more than five minutes only for the girls to be a little intimidated by her. Jo Jo was great and tried really hard to get them to smile even playing hide and seek behind the autograph book.

Before the parade started DH decided that we had time to nip into Disney’s Magic of animation. I think the girls were a little young for this but they liked the idea of seeing the new Disney film UP. If only we had had time to see this before leaving but alas we will just have to wait for it to come out in the UK. On the way out we queued to see Mickey, again getting the girls to go up on their own will take a little working on.

Now it was time for Block Bash Party. We headed over to the hat where we managed to get a space just outside the pin trading centre. The only problem was Olivia decided that she really had had enough and wasn’t interested in seeing any parades. That’s what I get for waking her up to see Playhouse Disney. After 10 minutes of Olivia playing up we decided to call it a day and we would come back and see the parade another day.

Our plan had been to stay and watch Fantasmic but the thought of waiting till 9pm with a rather unhappy child didn’t appeal so we headed back to the apartment for a rest and a swim. We could always come back later if Olivia cheered up a bit.

We got back to the apartment about 5ish, Olivia had managed to have a sleep in the car and seemed to be a little happier so we decided that we would go for a swim at the little pool just outside our room. By the time we had got ready the clouds had again started to roll in. We managed all of about five minutes in the pool before having to get out because of the rain and storm, so now we had two unhappy girls.

We headed back to the room where we decided that everyone really did need an early night so there would be no Fantasmic for us tonight. DH went to the resort shop and bought a pizza and garlic bread. Bearing in mind that it came from the shop it wasn’t that overly priced and was actually very nice. Both girls enjoyed it and were quite happy to climb in bed for 8pm closely followed by me. DH decided to read his book for a while before promptly falling asleep on the sofa. I think he managed to finally make it to bed about midnight.

Tomorrow Epcot
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 09, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi

sounds like a great day

lovely pics
Old 18 Aug 09, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 09, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day and pics
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 09, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post

The photo's are soooo cute, especially hugging the Snowman!
Old 26 Aug 09, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
VickieMH
Imagineer

What a lovely day again... Thanks for sharing
Old 27 Aug 09, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Nice day
Thanks for the report
Old 30 Aug 09, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
Lovely day! TSM is great, isn't it?

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 09, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
A really fun day! The girls looked like they had fun!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List