Day Four Part Two

Epcot and Beaches and Cream

Friday 29th May 2009

Cast

Me – Tracey aka Chaffey 38
DH – Paul 42
DD1 – Millie or Mo nearly 5
DD2 – Olivia or Lopsey 21/2

Having made our way over to the International Gateway we arrived just as a boat was loading. We hopped aboard and set sail almost immediately. The breeze caused by the sailing motion was a welcome relief to the now very hot afternoon. First stop was the Boardwalk which is one of the hotels that I would like to stay at in the future. There seemed to be a very chilled and calm atmosphere surrounding the hotel, not sure if this is the case but that’s what it felt like as we sat waiting for people to disembark etc.

Next stop was The Yacht and Beach Club which the children declared they would like to stay at after seeing the pool area. We had a quick look around the hotel before trying to find the elusive Beaches and Cream. Try as we might we couldn’t find it so went into reception where a very kind CM took us direct to the door. By now it was about 4pm so we managed to get a seat straight away. Originally they sat us at a small table in the middle which was a wee bit small for all four of us so when a booth came up we asked if we could move which wasn’t a problem. The girl who seated us asked the girls who their favourite characters were and went off to find a picture for them to colour.

Millie showing us her picture

Olivia doing the cleaning, she will get a job at Disney!

The service was very quick but at times we did have trouble understanding our server. She spoke very fast and quiet and had a very broad Spanish accent. All this combined left me confused at times. But we muddled through. Now what would we have. We really liked the idea of a Kitchen Sink but knew there was no way we could do it justice but all the puddings being served to other tables looked huge and delicious so we decided that myself and DH would share a main to make sure we had room left so we could try one.

Both DD’s shared a Turkey sandwich and fries and we shared a chicken sandwich which came with fries and I think coleslaw. DD’s enjoyed theirs as both their plates were empty and ours was good too and there was definitely plenty for us to share. Now for the part we were looking forward too dessert. Millie and Olivia both had a Mickey Mouse Ice Cream Sundae

and DH and I shared a Fudge Mud Slide

which consisted of A gooey chewy brownie, hot fudge, three scoops of vanilla ice cream, oreo cookies, topped with whipped cream and a cherry.

All I can say is it was well worth the trip but can’t find the receipt to say how much we spent. We all loved it in here and if we could we would have gone back but unfortunately with all our other plans we just couldn’t fit it in. But we will definitely be back during our next visit. We had another look around the hotel as we left and then headed back to catch the boat back to Epcot. Unfortunately as we reached the dock we saw a boat just heading to The Boardwalk which meant we had about a 15 minute wait for the next boat to turn up. Whilst I was sitting soaking up some rays DH let both DD’s have a look through the telescope. This kept them entertained until the next boat arrived. We arrived back at Epcot about 5.15ish having really enjoyed a couple of hours out of the park.

Continued
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 09, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We headed straight over to The Seas with Nemo and friends and boarded our Clamobile without a wait. What a great ride, especially after our chilled out last couple of hours. DD’s would have ridden again if we had let them but knew we had a few more things to get done before the fireworks as this was our only day here.

Now I can’t remember whether we did Turtle talk with Crush or the Aquarium next. I think it was the Aquarium but might be wrong. The girls spent ages here just looking at everything swimming around but both loved the Dolphins and went from window to window trying to keep up with them. They ran to one window where they found lots of divers. I really wished that I’d got the video camera here as one diver started to interact with them. Both were dumbstruck and really didn’t know what to make of it especially when he blew them a kiss and a big bubble hit the window. I think their shyness made him work really had to get them to interact but he didn’t get very far. Both DD’s left here asking how he managed to blow a kiss underwater! After this I think we went to Turtle Talk with Crush. I was really surprised when both Millie and Olivia said they wanted to sit at the front, normally they would want to sit where they could see us. I guess this just means that they are growing up! Both of them laughed through out this and DUDE became the new word of the day. COOL SHOW DUDES.

DH and Millie are in there somewhere

On the way out I really wanted to take a picture of the girls with Nemo and friends at the entrance which was easier said than done. Why is it we English wait our turn only for a Brazilian family to basically push my kids out of the way so that their boys could have their photos taken. I did the best I could and decided to give up before I said or did something that I might regret. I was determined that I wasn’t going to end our day the way it had started.

Next it was time for some characters, so we headed to Character Spot. The wait was about 20 minutes but we enjoyed watching the cartoons to pass the time. Here we meet Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto. Now I would have thought that Millie would have been more confident with the slightly smaller characters but no she fell in love with Goofy and almost ran to him. Obviously as time goes on she is getting far more confident.

By the time we left here it was about 8.15 so we headed over to the lake to try and find a spot for the Fireworks. We managed to find a spot by Canada, it was slightly obscured by a lamppost but was OK. Paul went off for some drinks for everyone before going for a wander. I’m sure he gets a little bored just waiting but I was more than happy for the rest. Both girls were getting tired by now so I spent my time just trying to keep them awake as Millie was adamant she was going to see the fireworks. Before long everything went dark and Illuminations was beginning. These fireworks never fail to amaze. Olivia was a little scared of the load bangs but Millie loved it all and was sad when it was all over.

This had been one long day so as soon as the fireworks had finished we made our way home. I know that this was probably not the best idea but we took it slowly and finally made our way to the car by 10ish. We arrived home about 10.30ish with two sleeping angels who we carried upstairs, changed them and put them straight to bed. We followed closely behind them and were in bed by 11pm.

Tomorrow - Chef Mickey’s, Grand Floridian photo shoot and TGI Fridays
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 09, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
smiffy33
slightly serious Dibber

the ice-cream looked lush...I can just eat one now...lovely pictures too

AKL November 2005 / 2013 & Old Key West October 2015 & 2017 next stop November 2019 AKL
smiffy33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 09, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by smiffy33 View Post
the ice-cream looked lush...I can just eat one now...lovely pictures too
It was lush, very lush infact, and thanks
Old 30 Aug 09, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 09, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi

another great day

loving your pics, the icecream looks yummy
Old 30 Aug 09, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report and pics
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 09, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Finkelstein
Imagineer

Ms Finkelstein's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Sounds like you had another great day! We really fancy Beaches and Cream as well and want to try the Kitchen Sink - we know we won't be able to finish it, but just for the experience!

Great photos, especially with the characters!

Di x

2 Go Mad in Bavaria 2011 - Trip Report Biergarten or Bust 2008 WDW Trip Report
Margarita or Bust - Son of Biergarten 2010 Trip Report
Ms Finkelstein is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 09, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Minniespal View Post
Another great report with lovely photos.
Thanks

Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
hi

another great day

loving your pics, the icecream looks yummy
Thanks, the ice-cream was very welcomed on what was a very hot afternoon

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great report and pics
Thanks

Originally Posted by Ms Finkelstein View Post
Sounds like you had another great day! We really fancy Beaches and Cream as well and want to try the Kitchen Sink - we know we won't be able to finish it, but just for the experience!

Great photos, especially with the characters!

Di x
I would have loved to of had one, if we had just been going for a snack we might have been tempted but didn't think we could make DD's have something sensible and then us sit there with a sink fall of ice cream. Next time though
Old 3 Sep 09, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Lovely day
Jockey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List