Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Sep 09, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
claireandjohn
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Aug-Sept Food Report (lots of pics - Inspired by mcsue!)

Hi folks,

Inspired by McSue's reports and photos I just had to take photos this year. Felt a bit silly sometimes taking snaps but it was worth it, i hope!

Anyway on to the food!

First food picture of the holiday was on the plane, I had to get practising before the real thing! We were flying with BA in economy class and the choices were and i quote "Sausage or fish" and I took the Sausage and Claire took the fish.

I actually like sausage and mash and this one was actually better than it looks with a nice rich gravy and onion sauce and tasty sausage. There was also a slice of strawberry cheesecake and twix to finish it off.

I don't have any pics of the fish but Claire didn't think much of it.

Our afternoon sandwich was roast chicken and green herb mayonnaise and was fine, again better than it looked.

OK, practise shots over and on to the real stuff! Well on our first full day we had the Crystal Palace breakfast booked. Just a note before I continue we had never done any Disney sit down meals on our previous trip so this was a first for us. So with no idea what to expect and never having sampled "real" American breakfast we just tried a bit of everything:

Sausage and bacon where disgusting but I rather like the Mickey Waffles.

OK so I really did like the waffles and tried their scrambled egg and pancakes, wasn't that fussed on either.

I couldn't eat all that junk without eating something healthy!

Claire had salmon, pineapple, tomato and cheese! Dont' ask I'm just as confused!

An of course Winnie the pooh and friends came round all the tables which was a good start to get us in the mood for this trip.

To be continued (I promise it gets better!)

Edited at 08:48 AM. Reason: lots of pics
claireandjohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 09, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
KK_Cat
VIP Dibber

KK_Cat's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ooh, ta, well done! I love looking at the food photos. Dec will be my first time to try out Crystal Palace breakfast too, so that was interesting. Looking forward to the rest.
Next trip: Nov 2023
KK_Cat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 09, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
claireandjohn
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Planet Hollywood.

Off to Planet Hollywood and praying to god we didn't the waitress called Mona as someone else on the dibb had a really bad exprience, we spent a good time looking for her but didn't spot her. Anyway only one course as we werent' to hungry and I was itching for my first burger of the holiday I had that and Claire had the Fajitas.

Bacon Cheese Burger

Chicken Fajitas

Both were good and service was average, we were on the ground floor and it just felt like they crammed in as many people as possible. Last year we were on the 3rd floor and it was a totally different experience. Don't get me wrong it was still good for what it is.
claireandjohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 09, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great start (I was 'banned' from taking photos with my parents in May, they got too embarrassed lol, but I'll be taking plenty next May).
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 09, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Ooh I love food photos.
Old 13 Sep 09, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
baloo1992
Apprentice Imagineer

Mmmmm...I could eat that cheeseburger now Great photos...keep them coming
Old 13 Sep 09, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
claireandjohn
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks everyone!

I meant to say we're just came back 3 days ago, so these are hot off the press lol

John
Old 13 Sep 09, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Great photos!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 09, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
claireandjohn
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Its amazing how quickly you forget the order of things I'm just going to have post in any order now. :-(

Cookie Bottom Sundae from Ghiradellis - Half of a Ghirardelli chocolate chip cookie served warm under a layer of vanilla ice cream, freshly homemade hot fudge and topped with whipped cream, chopped almonds and a cherry.

Claire had 1 scoop of chocolate chip cookie dough and 1 scoop of rocky road (No pic)

And we went again later on the trip and after much deliberation I wimped out and got another Cookie Botton Sundae! Claire only had one scoop of her fav chocolate chip cookie dough

I also think we had a chocolate dipped waffle cone but theres no pics of these.

Edited at 04:08 PM.
Old 13 Sep 09, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
claireandjohn
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
You may notice some pics are better than others thats because i had 2 cameras, an SLR and point and shoot. Perfect example is the cookie bottom sundae above with the top one being the cheap camera (still have decent) and the bottom being my SLR.

John