Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Oct 09, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
rummy63
VIP Dibber

:) Jilly and Willy's First. Meemee's 6th

The Cast

Me. 52 yrs. Been about 10 times now, That tight I only breathe in. Also have a slight case of OCD.

Alan. 52 years. My OH. Driver and pathfinder

Madam MeeMee 75 years.My mother. 6th visit in 7 years. Ailments too numerous to mention.

Our Willy. 50 years. My brother. Ist visit

His wife. 50 years old Jilly . Ist visit. Has Rheumatoid arthritus but doesnt let it get her down.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right but I'll have a go. Just try and bear with me.

Day 1 Travelling day 11/9/09

I was awake at 2.00a.m. Our Willy wasn't collecting us until 3.30a.m.
I rechecked my bag after all I had only checked it 10 times. I was tempted to 'put the vac round' again. I daren't, couldn't do with Al getting up all 'narty' .
Anyway our Willy picked us up and we went to MeeMee's to pack the car. One motorised scooter, one wheelchair 5 bags and we were on our way. 3.45am.
Arrived Manchester 4.50 am. Had already phoned the meet and greet fella 10 minutes before. There he was to do the greeting.
We paid £53.00 for the fortnight. On the off chance that the car was going to spend the next 2 weeks on the Asda car park in Manchester, our Willy took the Leeds Utd sticker out of the back window.
Anyway I digress . Manchester's T1 was really busy.
Meemee did really well she only managed to skin 2 peoples ankles with the COC. (The ecv. chariot of carnage now known as the coc).
We found the Monarch desks, Qs were massive. Fortunately no Q for premium. Thumbs up for premium.

Called to gate at 7.30.
The captain and crew arrived. Swanned thru the mob like they do heads up shoulders back pulling their outsize baggage! (cabin ). Flashing their IDS they were off, marching majestically down the corridor to the plane.
Two minutes later they were all mooching back. Guess what?
The plane hadn't been parked on the end of the corridor thingy.
Laugh! I nearly opened me purse.
Anyway we finally took off 45 mins late. The food was nice full English breakfast. Later a roast lunch, strawberry yoghurt for afters. Jilly ate 4 strawberry yoghurts. She really likes her food ,she eats with gusto. Some might call it like a pig at a trough but we love her so we call it hearty eating.
We got real knives, forks and glasses. I cant see the logic in that. I can't have a pair of tweezers in me handbag but yet we are given real cutlery. (Not that Im given to plucking me eyebrows on an aeroplane).
Meemee fell asleep after her 4th brandy so everybody was happy.
We landed 15 mins early.
Me and Al were first off. Al is one of those annoying people that will clamber over somebodies head to get off first. Our Willy and Jilly waited on the plane for the COC to arrive for MeeMee.
Me and Al ran those Sanford walkways in record time.
Security was sat reading I think he was quite shocked to see us standing there. I now know how Sally Gunnell feels when she has won the marathon.
Luggage was off first and Al was marching like ten men to the Alamo. No messing about with upgrades etc I had booked the car a seven seater direct with Alamo. Cost £500.00. fully inc.
Got the car and nipped back round to pick up Jilly, Willy, Meemee and the COC. On to the 417 and to the villa at Westridge. Dropped me off at Publix. I did a 101 dollar shop in 20 minutes. (Supermarket sweep)We were all settled in by 4.00pm see how efficient we have become.
Its not always been so, last year we booked a villa at the bottom of the 192 came off the 417 too early and finished up on the Orange Blossom Trail. Red light district. Meemee thought it was a posh area because they had gentlemens clubs. Then she wanted to know if the Go Orlando tickets got us admission into the Dolls House.
Anyway back to this year. Not really hungry we threw some salad and cold meats on the table buffet style. Downed a few shandies . We were in bed by 11.00pm.
rummy63 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start... looking forward to Reading more.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 09, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds really good, real cutlery eh, I'm only used to the plastic stuff.
Old 7 Oct 09, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
great start - this one sounds like fun
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 09, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi

great start

looking forward to reading more, sounds like its going to fun
Old 10 Dec 09, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm bumping this to keep them all together.
Old 10 Dec 09, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Really enjoying reading these
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 09, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Great start, sounds like your reports are going to be fun.
Old 10 Dec 09, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
this one will be fun, love the bit about the gentlemans club lol
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 10, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
OMG sooo funny @ "does the card get us into the Dolls House... "

Onwards...

Bren

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List