Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 10 Oct 09, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

California On A Shoestring - Sept 09 -Day9 Cal/Disney

Day 9 - California Adventure / Disney ( Round 3 )
Tuesday 15th September

Cast

Me (41) - Phil - Chauffeur, tour guide & timekeeper

DW (42) - Mandy - trip planner, chief Ironer, generally goes with the flow

DD (18) - Natalie - Vegetarian, fussy eater, self conscious

DS (14) - Nathan - Loves to eat, never stops talking & loves all theme park rides

Alarm was set for 08:30 this morning, which we all awoke to, as usual breakfast was taken in the room.
Today, was our 3rd Disney day, as we had a 5 day park hopper, but a rest for me as I did not have to drive.

We arrived at the California Adventure, just in time for the 10 oclock opening, also having decided to spend some time in both parks during the course of the day.
As DD had loved Toy Story Midway Mania so much on the previous day's visit, this was our first port of call, also to avoid the long lines this ride attracts.
DS went and grabbed some fastpasses for California scream'in, then joined us in line, within 25mins we were on, not to bad considering!
Ds won this round, although can't remember what score he got.

As we came off, noticed Jess from Toy Story, so took advantage of the photopass.

Onto California Scream'in, to use those fastpasses, so only a very short wait.
DW took a picture of the ride picture, which came out not to bad.

Headed then to DW favorite, Mullholland Madness, then DD & DS went by themselves to the Grizzly River Run, as me & DW did not fancy getting wet.
As we had a slow walk over to meet them, we nippped into the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail, as we had not looked round it before. Taking the opportunity to use the photopass again, having our pic took with two character bears.

All together again, we made our way to the Hollywood Tower Of terror, which myself, DD & DS rode twice, DW still refuses to ride, but we will get her on before the end of the holiday.

Off to the Disney Animation building to watch Turtle Talk with Crush, as didn't see last time, due to the parade. First DW & DS grabbed some fresh fruit from the Fairfax Fruit market, Bananna, grapes & peaches $6.49, while they were eating these, we watched a quartet of singers, Sorry! for the life of me cannot think what they were called, but they were absolutly brilliant.

After Turtlle Talk with Crush, which was Totally Awesome Dudes! it was around 14:30, so, we made our way across to Disneyland to spend the rest of the day.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)

Edited at 08:07 PM.
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 09, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

Cont'd

Headed into the park, under probably the most heart warming sign in the world, which if I remember correctly DisneyMadAng commented on, in one of her trippie reports.

On Main Street USA, took a few pic,s of the various modes of transportation, you can grab a ride on.

At the top of Main Street, took advantage of the photopass again, to have our pic with Walt & Mickey, along with taking a few pic's of some of Walt's friends, surrounding his statue.

Off to Indianna Jones Adventure, followed by having a look round Tarzan's Treehouse.

Next up was Pirates, Splash Mountain and Big Thunder again riding twice, before making our way round to the Matterhorn.
By this time DS was getting hungry, although the rest of us were'nt, but I had a craving for a Dole Whip, so we made our way to the kiosk outside the Tiki Room, to grab one for me & DW, then headed over to Pizza Port, where DS had Meatball Marinara with a Soda, DD just had a bottle of water, total $14.57.

After our short break, we rode Star Tours, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters & Autopia.
Then me & DW watched Honey I Shrunk The Audience, while DD & DS rode Autopia again, meeting up headed across to ride Indianna again and finally Pirates before heading out the park, as it was just approaching the 20:00 park closing time.

Decided on Denny's for evening meal, DW, had smoked chicken melt sandwich with fries, DD, grilled chicken sandwich with fries and myself steak & blue cheese salad. DS just had a desert Oreo Blaster, with drinks total $35.38.

Bakx to the hotel where me & DS headed for the Spa pool till 22:15 closing time, while DW ironed clothes ready for tomorrow, with DD on facebook.
All finally fell asleep around 23:00.

2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)

2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 09, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great day... It just looks so good there and fab photos again..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 09, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
travelmam
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cmseasman1 View Post
Another great day... It just looks so good there and fab photos again..
Are'nt all Disney days great days and there so much fun.

Old 10 Oct 09, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
great again, more please!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 09, 05:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report ,with fab pics, thanks for sharing!
Old 11 Oct 09, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Great day and fab photos again. Mandy - Ironing on holiday? Come on hun!
x
Old 11 Oct 09, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Great day again and I love your photos, they really are a lovely reminder of your holiday.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 09, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Old 11 Oct 09, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
buffalo
Imagineer

Loved reading your trip reports and cant wait for the next installment
March 1995-Indian Wells, Sept 1996 - Westridge, June 1997 Creekside, Nov 1998 - Westridge, Sept 2000 - Westridge, April 2001 - Westridge, Sept 2005- Westridge, Oct 2008-Tuscan Hills, Aug 2009-Legacy Park, July 2010- Legacy Park, July 2011-Calabria, July 2012-High Grove, July 2013-Solana, August 2014-High Grove/Anna Maria , Sept/Oct 2015 OKW/Anna Maria/High Grove
buffalo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List