Our Girls Finally Meet Mickey - Day 8 - Timeshare and shops

Day Eight – Time Share, Shopping and Swimming

Tuesday 2nd June
Cast

Me – Tracey aka Chaffey 38
DH – Paul 42
DD1 – Millie or Mo nearly 5
DD2 – Olivia or Lopsey 2 ½

Firstly let me apologise for the lack of photos today I managed to take a grand total of 0.

Thanks to DH getting us tangled up in some timeshare talk today wasn’t going to be the Blizzard Beach

visit that was meant to happen.

We arrived at reception at 9.15am for our talk that was supposed to take No More than 1hr 30mins, yeah right. We were greeted by our rep at 9.30 who showed us where we could get our complimentary breakfast. There was a selection of continental items including English muffins which both DD’s demolished and were quickly asking for more. Whilst we were sitting having breakfast I was watching what was going on at other tables and just listening to the hard sell of one particular lady. To say she was annoying me with the tactics she was using was an understatement and hoped that we wouldn’t have to encounter her at any time during our talk. Well I reckon I had more chance of becoming Minnie Mouse than avoiding her.

After we had finished our breakfast they asked us to leave the children in the kids club so that we could talk in peace. Sorry but what part of family holiday do they not get. Well both my DD’s can be quite confident if they are happy with a well known environment but take them away from this and they can both be really shy. So hence I had two girls clinging to my arms refusing to let go. If this talk was going to take place it was either going to be all of us or we would have to hold it in the kids club so the girls could get used to being there.

So we all decamp to the kids club and set up in the corner in the hope that we can listen and the girls can play. Olivia refused to leave me so coloured at the table and Millie went off and played but made sure that she could still see us at all times. By now the time was getting on for 10.30 and the talk had only just begun. I can’t remember the name of the guy who done our talk but have to say that he did not at any time try the hard sale. He did give us the details of what was involved and the cost but spent most of the time discussing his previous business. He used to own a restaurant and as DH runs a pub/restaurant they had a lot to discuss. After what seemed like ages he did take us to see one of the new rooms that was being built which I have to say was an improvement on the room that we had but obviously the rooms we were shown were only used for guests to view so were spotless and had the latest equipment. During this time Millie did stay in the kids club without us but Olivia was firmly attached to my side.

After our little room visit we went back to find Millie and then the hard sell woman appeared weighed down my more diamonds than Tiffany’s own. Up until know we had felt quite comfortable talking with our rep but the minute she appeared everyone’s attitude changed. Our rep became very quite and took a back seat and she was pressuring us no end. Her voice was annoying me and the gods were looking down on me as both girls wanted me to go with them to play on the computer games that they had in a side room. I left Paul to tell her to go away in the nicest possible way after all he was the one that got us into this in the first place. With Paul saying no I was hoping that this would be the end of it but oh no.

We were shown back to the breakfast room where another guy tried to sell us some plan where they took our money and looked after it for us and in years to come we would get it back. Yeah, whatever. With a firm no to which the guy took humbridge we asked for our $75 so that we could try and salvage some of our day. I have dared DH to ever get us tangled up in one of these talks again.:angry:

Although this was a complete waste of time we did discover which rooms we would like to stay in next time we are in Florida. Oh and we had gain $75 which I told Paul was to be spent on the girls and not himself as he had managed to screw up our morning. We left the Timeshare area at 12.30 a whole 3 ¼ hours after we arrived.

Jumping in the car we head off to Mall at Mallenia as Paul was desparate to get some new American Eagles T-shirts. Driving here was the only time I encountered the I4 in our entire trip. I have to say this road seems to have improved an awful lot since our last visit. I seem to remember that last time we were here it was a bit like being on the M25 at rush hour. We arrive at the Mall just after 1pm, we don’t want much here DH just wants to visit American Eagle shop for some new t-shirts. We have a quick wander and visit, Gap, a candle shop, card shop where DH sees the Jim Shore piece that he saw at Epcot but doesn’t buy it as its $5 more expensive here than it was at Disney. Next we head to American Eagle where DH manages to buy eight T-shirts spending $135. With DH’s t-shirt need satisfied we head to Panera Bread for lunch.

DD’s have a cheese toastie, which they are ecstatic about, followed by some crisps. They seem to be really missing decent bread.
DH has Black Bean soup and ½ a chicken sandwich with a Latte
And me I have Sierra Turkey sandwich which was a cheese focaccia with smoked chicken, chipotle mayo, field greens and onions and a diet coke.

The food was as delicious as last time and we all leave happy.

We did contemplate going to The Cheesecake Factory but as we were only having lunch we decided that we wouldn’t be able to do it justice and it would have to wait till next time.

We left just after 3pm and made our way to Walmart on Sandlake road, where we manage to spend $112.61 on food for the apartment and some treats for the girls and manage to miss the thunder storm and heavy downpour. We also pick up some Princess birthday plates, cups, napkins and banners for Millie’s birthday party. Their party ware is so cheap here compared to what we have to pay back in England. Paul starts to feel ill as we are walking round so the girls chose a toy each before we head for home. Olivia chooses a Dora doll and Millie opts for some Beauty and the beast figures. With both girls happy we head home with the intention of going swimming. The traffic is heavy and it seems to take us ages to get home. I think we get back just after 6 o’clock, unload the shopping before heading to the little pool by our room.

We spend about 30 minutes there before we head back up to our room so the girls can play with their new toys and have some tea which tonight was tuna mayo and pasta. This is firm favourite for both of them so it was gone in seconds. I think they were both glad to have a normal meal from home. Us biggies had TGI Friday’s chicken wings with chunky blue cheese sauce and salad, something light but just what we needed. The girls had a nice bath before donning their pyjamas and jumping into bed for an early night. Both girls were in bed by 8 o’clock tonight closely followed by us at 9.

Tomorrow – Magic Kingdom and the search is on for Daisy duck
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
aw, what a sweet photo of the girls flaked out...
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
aw, what a sweet photo of the girls flaked out...
oh thanks, they always look so cute when they are sleeping, could watch them for ages when they are in a world of slumber
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
kevbrydon
VIP Dibber

kevbrydon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great report... the girls look liked they needed that early nite...
Old 13 Oct 09, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 10, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I hope you gave your OH earache for that timeshare malarchy.

We spent about 3 days on seperate occasions at the DVC presentations, however its not heavy sell and the kids clubs are as good as the parks! hehehehe In the end of course he bought into it, now he wishes he done it sooner.

Idve beaten the £75 outve him in blood!

Your girls look so gorgeous powed out.

...>>>>>>>>

Bren x

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 10, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Irishrover View Post
I hope you gave your OH earache for that timeshare malarchy.

We spent about 3 days on seperate occasions at the DVC presentations, however its not heavy sell and the kids clubs are as good as the parks! hehehehe In the end of course he bought into it, now he wishes he done it sooner.

Idve beaten the £75 outve him in blood!

Your girls look so gorgeous powed out.

...>>>>>>>>

Bren x
I wouldn't of minded if it was DVC. I have dared him to do it to me and the girls next time
Old 31 Mar 10, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
lovely day

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 10, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

awww your girls look like a pair of little angels, fast asleep.
Old 1 Apr 10, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post

That seemed a very hard earned 75.00.

The photo is really cute!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List