Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Oct 09, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

California & Vegas Sep 09 - Day 15

September 15th 2009

We were up about 9am today (wow thats early for them im sure you are all saying ) i wasn't feeling too good, really chesty and coughing loads the antiboitics obviously weren't working yet which i was hoping they would start to settle my chest down a bit by now (infact im still not feeling to good, now on different antiboitics as those ones i normally take were no use this time as the bug was resistant to them so fingerscrossed the chest infection will settle down now, but the depression of being home and the rubbish weather is still making me feel miserable so isn't helping)
Anyway on with the days report...
We were showered and ready to leave just before 11, headed out and walked the 5 minutes or so to Hollywood & Highland to catch the metro to Universal studios (an all day pass purchased for $5 each)

The metro journey took about 10 minutes we then had to cross over to catch this little shuttle (along with half of LA's tourists at the time) upto Universal, there was no way i was even attempting that hill with the way my chest was today, I'd feel like at was at deaths doorstep after a few feet. We luckily managed to squeeze on the first shuttle up and before heading into the park decided on something to eat, we only wanted something quick as not to waste too much time and Darren spotted KFC so headed there (guess he wanted another scone ) me taking the healthier option headed to Subway.

Food eaten and we were soon heading into the park

We were stopped pretty much as soon as we walked in by someone doing some questionairres and I hate to come across rude so quickly answered all her questions and as a thank you she gave us 2 passes for the Backlot tour which meant we could skip the que and go straight on. Passes in hand we decided to head there first, taking a few fun shots on the way.

Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

As we got the Backlot entrance we were glad we took the 5 minutes to answer the questions because the que was long about 50 minutes if i remember correctly, we headed down the esculator's into section A and handed the passes over and boarded the tram that came along in about 2 minutes.

We really enjoyed the tour even with a group of very annoying young blokes sat behind us. Back up the esculators from where you get the tram for the tour we strolled around the upstairs of the park for a bit before heading to the lower lot.
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

You'll notice i left the heel off again today, when my chest is being rubbish i find it easier to walk around all day in flats not that i enjoyed wearing them at all I missed my heels )

we noticed one of the behind the scenes shows were due to start the special effects one so we headed straight in there, it was soon over and we then headed over the the Backdraft show (along with almost everyone else who just left the special effects one) which was starting in about 5 minutes, we were 3rd & 4th in the que when they said it was full so had to wait another 30 minutes for the next one, i like the film so wanted to wait even though we were both needing the toilet by now. The wait didn't seem to go too slow and we were soon let in, the special effects in here were really good and i certainly enjoyed this part.

Show over, we spotted Scooby doo and ermm the bloke with the long hair haha as there was no que we decided to get some pictures, Scooby was obviously in a playful mood and you can see the embarrasment on Darrens face with having the pictures

Darren popped into the Jurrasic park shop for a bag of sweets while i took advantage of the non exsistant que for the mummy ride (litrally a walk on) fun had a a thrill ride and Darren found waiting for me at the exit we headed back upstairs to the upper lot.

Old 13 Oct 09, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

It was now approaching 4pm and I wanted to make sure we saw the Waterworld show which was at 4.15pm so we headed towards that taking more pics and bumping into one of my favourite film characters along the way.

We got the Waterworld stadium and it was packed, we luckily managed to spot a few steats out of the soak zone as hot as it was i didn't fancy heading back to the hotel on the metro wet.

Show over, which was brilliant by the way and deffiently worth watching, we had one last small walk round before having to leave as we had to head back to the hotel get changed and get to the Ice Hockey game i had surprised Darren with tickets for.

We got back to the hotel, changed, picked up the booked confirmation and headed back out to the Staples centre for the LA Kings game.

being at an American sports game i wanted to do just as i had seen on the tv and get some hotdogs and Nachos, we were pretty hungry by now as we hadn't eaten since we arrived at Universal but decided we'd get something proper after the game.
Not thinking properly AT ALL i went to the game in jeans and a VEST top i was freezing haha it didn't even cross my mind it was in an ice rink and it would be cold
Old 13 Oct 09, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

The Ice hockey game was great fun and somethign we hadn't done on holuiday before but really enjoyed, next time though i'll be sure to wrap up abit warmer.
I was feeling really tired by now so we just made our way back to the hotel, i don't think we even bothered going for dinner in the end. We were back at the hotel around 11.30 and I looked for my camera battery charging to plug it into charge as i normally do every night (i had forgotten the previous night) to relise it was nowhere to be found, I had somehow managed to leave it in the hotel room in San Diego which meant all that was left on the battery had to last us for the last 2 days arghh! I then headed straight into bed and asleep while Darren sat up watching Ultimate Fighter for a while. I couldn't believe our holiday was almost over and we only had one more night after this

Oops excuse the millions of pictures
Old 13 Oct 09, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
great pics... nice to see universal in the sunshine in comparison to our pics & me looking a scruff in a dam poncho

:pop:

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 09, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
A brilliant day...shame you are still feeling poorly
I love all the photos... the more the merrier!
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 09, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Brought back memories. We went to Universal many many years ago. Remember the rickety bridge you went over on the back lot tour. Do they still have all the water hurtling towards you.

You can never have too many pics IMHO. They are superb.

Enjoying the reports, you certainly cram plenty in
Old 14 Oct 09, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

Fantastic report! i love all the pics! You can never put too many in

Thanks for sharing x