Imagineer

California On A Shoestring - Sept 09 -Day12 Disneyland

Day 12 - Disneyland (Round 4)
Friday 17th September

Cast

Me (41) - Phil - Chauffeur, tour guide & timekeeper

DW (42) - Mandy - trip planner, chief Ironer, generally goes with the flow

DD (18) - Natalie - Vegetarian, fussy eater, self conscious

DS (14) - Nathan - Loves to eat, never stops talking & loves all theme park rides

This morning had a little bit of a lie in, waking up around 08:35, again breakfast was taken in the room, before heading to Disneyland around 09:45.

Weather reports for today, were warning of temperatures hitting 100+. So decided mean as the park was open till 23:00, if it got to much, we would take time out, go back to the hotel, to have a swim & cool down.

Entering the park, headed straight down Main Street into Fantasyland to ride the Matterhorn, DS went to grab Fast passes for Indiana, before Joining us in line.
Next up was "it's a small world" as we had not yet rode this on our previous days visits, "I wonder why". Doesn't that song drive you mad.

Next over to Frontierland, to ride Big Thunder, which we rode twice, before heading to Indiana to use the fast passes.As we walked across DS, went ahead to grab Fast passes for Splash Mountain.On Indiana, DS was well happy, as got to ride on the front row of the transporter, so we all had a good laugh at him pretending to drive, you wouldn't think he was 15 in a couple of weeks Lol.

Over to Pirates of the Caribbean, before using Fastpases for Splash mountain, where DW got a good soaking.
We then made our way to Tomorrowland, riding Buzz Lightyears Astro Blasters. Star Tours and Autopia.
By now it was 14:15, and all except myself were hungry,so headed into Redd Rockett's Pizza Port, we seem to have only used this Disney eatery, during our visits, probably due to DS, who loves his pasta, and DD, who loves Pizza.
DD. had meatball marinara, DW, chicken caesar salad, and DD, you've guessed, cheese pizza, with drinks, came to a reasonable $32.02.

After lunch, DS, decided he wanted to ride Autopia again, although myself & DW didn't. So we went to watch " Honey I Shrunk The Audience ", more to keep cool than anything else, as the weather reports, predicted temperatures, were right, this was by far the hottest day so far.

By the time we met up, it was around 15:10, so decided to head to Main Street USA, so as to grab a spot to watch the 15:30 parade, CELEBRATE! A STREET PARTY.
The parade arrived in Main Street, at around 15:50 , believe you and me, standing in this heat for 30mins, was starting to take it's toll.
As your heading down Main Street, away from the castle, on the left side, just past the camera shop, I managed to bag myself a seat on the porch area, of one of the false fronted buildings, although on the sunny side of the street, was shaded well, so I watched the parade from here.

The parade as you expect from Disney was fab, although the floats were not the best I've seen, probably, due to this parade, primarily being a singing & dancing spectacular, involving the guests.

At the end of the parade, there was a delay, due to the last float, having a mechanical problem, so there was a delay in moving the parade of Main Street, now as I said earlier, it was extremely hot. With all the energetic dancing involved, it had started to take it's toll, on Tigger & pooh, as you might be able to tell from the last pic above, as they were leaning all over the hand rails on the float, where about the only thing they could mange, was a wave.

After the parade, DW and myself, decided to go back to the hotel, me for a swim and DW for 40 winks, DD & DS stayed in the park, although before we got half way back, they came running up behind us, having changed their minds, wanting to join me in the pool.
On the way back I grabbed a Italian BMT from Subway, as I'd had nothing to eat earlier with the others.

After spending around 1:30 in the pool and DW having a sleep, we headed back to the park around 19:00.
Arriving in the park,made our way straight to Indiana, as thought the queues would be quite long when the California Adventure closed, our thoughts proved right, when we came off the queue was very long.
Next we rode Big Thunder, twice, as we all think, it's that much better in the dark, before making our way back round to New Orleans Square to find a spot to be facing Tom Sawyer Island for the 21:30 showing of Fantasmic.
DS had went to ride Autopia, before meeting us back in front of Pirates, to watch Fantasmic.
I feel Fantasmic, is so much better here, than Disneyworld, probably due to the fact, here it's held on the Rivers Of America / Tom Sawyer Island, with the viewing areas being in New Orleans Square & Frontierland , creating that much better atmosphere, rather than the purpose built Lagoon in Disney MGM Studios, which I feel is cold and does not create that same ambiance.
Once Fantasmic had finished, went to ride Pirates, although DW, did not come on, as she was not feeling to clever.
Once we came off, decided to head back to the hotel, as it was around 22:25, and as DW was not feeling to good, but also the park was extremely busy.
Got back into the room around 23:00, DW & DD jumped straight into bed, I had a drink on the balcony before finally jumping into bed around 23:30.

1996 All Star Sports (Florida) 1998 Sheraton Anaheim (California)
2001 Carousel Anaheim (California) 2007 Disney's Port Orleans Riverside (Florida)
2009 Sheraton Park, Anaheim (California)

2009 - California On A Shoestring - Trip Report
2012 Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya (Mexico) 2013 El Dorado Seaside Suites, Riviera Maya (Mexico)
2015 All Star Sports (Florida) 2016 Anantara Hotel & Resorts (Dubai)
2016 Azul Sensatori, (Jamaica)
travelmam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 09, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow sounds like a hot and busy day - really beginning to think that I HAVE to go there next time.

Great pics of the parade!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 09, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Great photos again... The parade looks great.
Old 14 Oct 09, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Brilliant Disney Day. I loved that parade and your photos are fab - I hardly ever manage to get a photo of the characters facing me.

Did you get any photos of Fantasmic? We didn't manage to see it...ack...will just have to go back

Hope Mandy feels better tomorrow.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 09, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great fun day, shame Mandy wasn't feeling to clever. Great pics as always. Thanks again for sharing.
Old 15 Oct 09, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
huneybunny17
Very Serious Dibber

great pictures of the parade xx
huneybunny17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 09, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
TiggerD
Imagineer

TiggerD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Great day abd fab pics oh and you got Tigger as well
TiggerD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 09, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Great day & photos!
Old 18 Oct 09, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Wow, that was a very hot day, I thought we had it bad when we went in August 2007, but nothing compared to that! Another great day - love your photos!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 09, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Fab day!