Link to this Post
tracyh
Imagineer

tracyh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
West Coast & The Deserts, Day 0. Thorpe Park & Windsor

Day 0 ~ Thorpe Park and Windsor
Saturday 3rd October 2009

Tracy (33) - Planner and lover of souvenir shops!
Iain (40) - Driver and avoider of souvenir shops!

Tonight we are staying at Pinewood Hotel in Staines, so we checked out of the Travelodge at 8am and took our cases to the Pinewood. We didn’t want our luggage on full view in Thorpe Park car park. We called at Mc Donalds in Staines and grabbed a quick breakfast. Iain had a sausage egg mc muffin meal with coke and I had a bacon roll meal with a cappuccino.

Pinewood Hotel

We got to Thorpe Park at 9.30am and the park opened at 10am, there were large queues already at 9.30am. First ride was Stealth, infact we rode this twice! Then Nemesis Inferno, we headed to Saw next but the queue was 1 ½ hours so we gave Saw a miss. Then we rode the Bear Train and I had a go at the shooting gallery, I love shooting galleries! We rode Loggers Leap, a log flume and got a little wet. By 12.45pm the park was really packed and there were long lines for rides, so we decided to call it a day and head into Windsor. I got park tickets using Tesco vouchers anyway, so they didn’t cost anything.

Stealth

Nemesis Inferno

Slammer

Loggers Leap

Us on Nemesis Inferno

We called at a nearby park that we’d spotted driving to Thorpe Park, as it looked nice. There were ducks geese and swans all over the paths into the park and I didn’t want a swan or goose attack, so we drove on! We got into Windsor at 1.30pm and parked the car in a multi story, we had to queue to get on as the car park was full.

We went to Weathspoons ‘The King and Castle’, which was facing Windsor Castle for lunch. Iain had sausage, chips, beans and a bottle of pepsi max. I had fish, chips and peas and a pint of beer! We walked around Windsor for a while, looking at shops and then we noticed that there was a big wheel here. We’ve rode Manchester Eye and York Eye, so we had to ride this too. We handed over our £6.50 each at 3pm and boarded. It was extremely windy on here, it felt gale force at the top and the pod was rocking!

Aerial view of Eton

Aerial view of Windsor Castle

Next we headed to Boots to pick up 2 meal deals for our dinner that night, chicken and bacon sandwich, steak walkers max crisps and copella apple and mango for Iain. Chicken pasta, paprika walkers max and water for me. We headed to the hotel to check in and book our taxi to Heathrow for 7am the next morning, then ate our food. We showered and headed to the bar for a couple of drinks and then headed to bed.

April 1999 - Rodeway Inn Sept 2002 - Chatham Park Villa Sept 2004 - Quality Inn Plaza Nov 2005 - Crowne Plaza Universal Nov 2006 - I Drive Inn Sept 2007 - Homewood Suites Jan 2007 - DLP & Paris
Oct 2009 - Road Trip (Groveland, Yosemite, Vegas, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon, Kingman, Palm Springs, Buena Park, Valencia, Santa Barbara, Monterey, San Francisco)

tracyh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 09, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Hi, what a lovely way to start off your holidays, shame the park was so busy but you managed most of the head-liners before your relaxing afternoon.

Great photos - keep up the good work!

Karen x
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 09, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

A great way to start the holiday Tracy.
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 09, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sue.o
Very Serious Dibber

Wow thats a great way to start your hols! Looking forward to reading more!
sue.o is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 09, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start to your trip!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List