Old 31 Oct 09, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Boo to you tour - 4th Oct - day 4 - Typhoon Lagoon & DTD

Today we wake up at a more reasonable time of 8.30. That's a better time but i'd still would have prefered to sleep a wee bit longer... well I am on holiday after all.

We're all showered and dressed and out the hotel for 10am. Here's a pic of the inside of our hotel... very scary height!

We again go to Ponderosa for breakfast again then back into the car for our journey to Tyhoon Lagoon. The weather again today is in the 90's. We reach TL about 11.30 and find some loungers. I hire 4 towels and a locker and off we go for a swim.

Callum and Ramsay go off in search of the big rides whilst me and Scott so into the pool. Do you see a wee pattern here... it's always me who's with Scott and the milder rides and Ramsay's with Callum and gets all the bigger better rides. That's the worst thing with having a 5 year age gap between them

After a while we all meet up again and go into the lazy river for a peaceful float around the park. We then talk Scott into doing some rides and we head towards Family Raft. This is pretty pants this ride...it's not that long and it's all over before you know it. We next walk round to Crush and Gusher. I've done a similar ride like this in Dubai and really enjoyed it. However this one in Florida is a bit more wilder, faster and has steeper drops. Scott comes off crying and really didn't like it. He didn't feel safe he tells me. I wasn't too keen on it either but Ramsay and Callum love it and ride all 3 different lanes.

We go back to the main swimming pool again and have some fun in the huge wave. I can't believe how powerful this is. It really knocks you off your feet if you're in the shallow end.

About 3pm we decide to get changed and we are going to the DTD Dibb meet for 5pm. I've been really looking forward to this. I snap a picture of Callum just before he gets changed... wee poser lol

We drive across the road to DTD and park the car in Market Place. He have a look around the shops for a while and Scott harpes on that he wants a disney lollypop. At $6 I reluctantly get him it and we head to Margarita bar for the Dibb meet. First we bump into my big sister Maggie and her family then we spot Lynne and her family (Loadsapixiedust). We join them and have a blether about what we've been upto.

Scott opens his lollypop but can't get it all out the wrapper so Callum decides to help it and he breaks it in half. Scott throws yet another hissy fit and refuses to eat the lolly. He dumps it in the bin!

The sun is so hot by this time and it's beating down on my shoulders. I'm sure i'm gonna get burnt. Here's some pics from the Dibb meet

We leave the Dibb meet about 6.30 and walk towards T-Rex for our first ever ADR. It's very busy and we don't get seated till after 7pm.

We are quite impressed in there and liked the theming of it. I was expecting it to be very cold in here as that's what lots of people on here had been saying but I can confirm it wasn't cold for us... or maybe I was still cooking from the earlier sunshine.

TrueBlue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 09, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5

After a while the boys wanted to go to DisneyQuest. They love it in here. All these games and you don't have to pay.

Some pics from inside DisneyQuest

We walk back towards the car and try our hardest not to get lost tonight. Ramsay drives again and I navigate and yet again get us lost. I don't have the foggest where we ended up but we back tracked towards where we had come from (looking at landmarks) and were back in DTD's car park again 20 mins later. This time we decided to just go the I-4 as we were finding it almost impossible to get onto the road that takes you to the bottom of I-Drive... the one where you drive past the Nickleodeon Hotel.

From now it we will always come back the I-4...it's so much well signposted that the other road is.

Back to hotel again for about 10.30, watched tv for a bit and crashed out soon after.
TrueBlue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 09, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
purple myra
Imagineer

purple myra's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
*Wheeeet Wheeeeel* your boys are a couple of wee posers!
A really good day and great photos again x
purple myra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 09, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Fab photos

We loved the T-Rex restaurant too...

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 09, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RT7
Imagineer

Love the photo of the desserts!
RT7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 09, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
maggie b
Imagineer

maggie b's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Loving your photo's maz i took nearly 3,000 all in between my big camera my wee point & shoot & charie's phone LOL. Trying to load them on to photobucket but it's taking ages i'm up to my 3rd 250 max folder How come you got a nice photo of us smiling & i get the stupid ones with us sticking our tounges out

Rodeway inn october 2007
Majorca September 2008
Majorca june 2009
Rodeway inn October 2009
Majorca september 2010
Majorca August 2011
Arkvilla October 2011
Majorca 8th September 2012
Arkvilla October 2013
maggie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 09, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
simba
Imagineer

Another great day. T-rex looks cool and those desserts look amazing!

Never too old for Mickey and his Friends
simba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 09, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembley80
Imagineer

Great photos again,i can relate to the $6 lollipop,is it the one that looks like it`s stuck on the end of a scaffold pole?,i still have it in the kitchen going all soft,it must weigh a kilo,god knows how i got it home...me thinks he will be getting that wrapped up for xmas!

Mark

DLRP 1994,1996,2008
Grand Floridian Xmas 1997
Villa Indian Ridge Xmas 1998,1999,2004
Villa Indian Ridge 1995,1996,1997,1998,1999,2000,2001,2002,2003,2004,2005,
Wembley80 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 09, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Great report and photos, thanks for sharing.
Old 31 Oct 09, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Fun day for you ..how fab having a Dibb meet as well

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List