Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Nov 09, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
'gonna get wed' and we are of!

Up at 5:15am and check out by 6. we decided to wait for brekki till we are at airport all checked in. hotel mini bus over to gatwick. check in was fine no lines but getting though to departures was mad, we stayed on the left hand side and they let us use the buisness aide i think it was so we saved some time. once in we set of for toilets and food. Entoast was the place to eat very quite and you can see the planes too,

£15 later we are filled and ready to look around. now im one of these that has to be there extra early just to be on the safe side so we had around 2 hours to kill i think it was. so we looked shopped and went to the toilet lots, all we got was some think to read on the plane. (we are very exciting arent we lol).
we were called to the gate area and its the longest one away i swear we could see our house from here lol, what with buggy and 4 flight bags/cases it was fun getting there.
we sat and waited to be called but we were in 16 and 17 a and b so we were last.

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 09, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
so we are finial on and i think dave has picked great seats, we are next to window and near but not to close to the toilets

after only a little delay we are of,

now this is were my note taking got a bit short but it went,
visa forms
dinner
bar
duty free.
i didnt sleep and luke and dave both stayed awake to, harry slept for around 2 hours but he didnt scream cry or moan once other then when we came to land. the staff were great, helpful and polite.
we had a minibus transfer to hotel which was with 2 other familes, took around 40 mins to get to hotel.
the hotel was fine to look at and the lobby area was ok, not to long to wait to be booked in.
1st room wasnt what we booked and the glass by the door was broken and i was worried that the kids might break it even more so we went and asked to be moved (nothing wrong with room just it was ground floor but at time i didnt relised when she gave it to me) 2nd room was a mess, smelly noisey from the fridge and aircon, dirty by this time with having no sleep for what felt like days i had had enough and was thinking maybe we should have changed hotels. so we go and have a word with reseption again. they let us have alook at a room in block 1, well if they had given us this first it would have made me less stressed lol. it was fine just what we wanted.

we went to dennys for dinner but we were so tired we dont think we did it justice.

by at 10pm 3 am uk time.
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 09, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
hi

great start

looking forward to reading more
Old 2 Nov 09, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Great start to the report.
Old 2 Nov 09, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
apart from the room hopping (glad you got sorted in the end), sounds like a pretty good travel day
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 09, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Glad you got your room sorted in the end. Hassle with rooms is horribel especially at the end of a long flight

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 09, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Look forward to reading more!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 09, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
glad you got your rooms sorted . looking forward to reading your trippie

ali

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 09, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Wills
Imagineer

Great start apart from the room initially. Good travel day looking forward to reading more.
Old 2 Nov 09, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I think we must have lucked out getting a nice room straight off, glad they sorted yours out quickly
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List