Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Nov 09, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeydons11
Excited about Disney

Martinair flights via Amsterdam Review

Just back yesterday, flew with KLM/Martinair from Aberdeen-Amsterdam-Orlando, a bit jet-lagged(!) so will add more later but here are a few points for me:

Good -

*the flights were on time both ways, had an hour 20 mins connection time going out and 5 hours coming back. We even arrived early at MCO but it took sooo long getting through immigration and then to get our bags.
*great stewards on KLM flight
*cheap price for flight
*Great luggage allowance

Bad -

*Not a lot of room in economy (especially when people in front are reclining... grrr don't get me started!) so would upgrade to comfort class if you can but I've only flown with Virgin/BA before so maybe charter airlines are all the same?
*The stewards onboard were not very friendly at all and I wasn't offered an entertainment system on the way back and they missed out our row for drinks a few times and had to tell them (don't know how they managed that)
*There are no seatback tvs, you have to pay 12 euros for a personal entertainment system but I didn't get one as the films on it were ones I'd seen - The Hangover, Ice Age, He's not that into you, an X Men one... I would have paid if the films were more updated but I guess they are good for kids with cartoons etc
*The reading lights both on the way and on the way back flickered on and off every so often, drove me mad!
* Checked in online ok going out but wouldn't work coming back, we tried to check in early so we could get a pair of seats (they go 2 3 2) but no luck so had to check in at airport. The man at the desk said this happens sometimes.

Both journeys the plane was packed, probably the cheap prices! All in all I would prefer to fly with another airline next time but if the prices are as cheap I would be tempted after all it's getting you to Orlando! The food wasn't all that great (what plane food is?) but you get unlimited drinks. Had a great holiday and it didn't rain once
I want to go back already!
June 08 Regal Sun/Hampton Inn
Jan 09 PoP CeNtUrY Oct/Nov 09 PoP!
dopeydons11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 09, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds pretty good and as you say it got you to Orlando cheaply. Nice to see a review posted as you don't hear of many Dibbers flying with KLM/Martinair. Can I ask what you paid?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 09, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kaboomba
Imagineer

i was inerested to see how they are because we can get flights with them for £659 total for two adults in September next year!
kaboomba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 09, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeydons11
Excited about Disney

We paid around £350 each for the flights
June 08 Regal Sun/Hampton Inn
Jan 09 PoP CeNtUrY Oct/Nov 09 PoP!
dopeydons11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 09, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post

Was the transatlantic flight a 2-3-2 seating or just the KLM first leg?
Old 11 Nov 09, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
for £350 I'd be quite happy with that. Heck, for £350 I'd be quite happy with anything that got me to Orlando I will certainly be looking at them for future trips.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 09, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We've booked with these to fly from Durham Tees Valley nexy June. We paid £359 each, thought it was a bargain & i wont miss the drive home from Manchester!
Thank for the info!
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 09, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RT7
Imagineer

Many thanks for the report.
We are flying with them next Sept from Newcastle, paid £358.
Old 12 Nov 09, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
would like to know if your luggage is checked through to your destination on both flights or do you have to collect your luggage in Amsterdam & check it in there?
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 09, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post

thank you for your review, it sounds about what i thought not ideal but at the price we got and we get to fly from newcastle ill take it
Closed Thread