Old 19 Nov 09, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Boo to you tour - 14th October - day 14 Aquatica & IOA

My notes tell me I was up early this morning at 8.20 and that I had a thumping headache. Got up, took some painkillers and went back to bed again till 10am. When I come round from my sleep I noticed the kids are still sound asleep and there's no sign of Ramsay.

Wake the kids up by turning the tv on for them then I head for a quick shower as half the day is away already. After my shower Ramsay comes back. Says he's been for a walk along International Drive for a while. We get our swim things together and nip into Ponderosa for a quick breakfast before going to Aquatica.

First impressions of Aquatica are good. It's nice and colourful with plenty of sunbeds available. I hire a locker and put our things in it then off we go for some fun. Callum and Ramsay disappear together again so me and Scott go on an adventure to see what we can get up to.

Me and Scott stumble across Kata's Kookaburra cove and Scott gets excited as there's a few slides that he'll be able to do. I go up to a slide with him as it's a slide you go down in a ring and there's rings for 2 people. We're both sitting in the ring and just about to push off when we got told that Scott's too big for this slide. He's only 7 but as he's tall they said nope. I wouldn't mind so much but parents are allowed down it but a 7 year old isn't? I'd understand if he was a teenager or something but he can't swim yet and is scared of the bigger slides.

She told us to go over to Walkabout Waters which is this place

It looked like a great place for him to play but after about 2 mins I started thinking it was a bit dangerous. It was full of older kids (10 and up) and as the younger ones were trying to get up the stairs/rope ladders the older ones up above were blasting them in the face with water. I know it's only water but wee Scott hates it on his face. He won't even put his head under water. It is a good place if your kids love water but if their unsure then i'd steer clear of this area.

We eventually got up to a slide in this bit and we came down together. Just as we got to the bottom we got shunted hardly in the back by a teenager. I'll be polite and won't repeat on here what I said to him lol. There's no-one supervising in this area, it's just a free for all and I can imagine quite a few kids getting hurt in here.

Well after that episode we went to what we thought was the lazy river only to find it was called Roa's Rapids.

I noticed everyone had a life jacket on and there was no rings to go round on so I got me and Scott a life jacket each and in we went. This is so cool, we loved it. It goes quite fast and you just float round with your life jacket on. We went round at least 4 times then I managed to talk Scott into coming off it. That was another story though, you go so fast that you can't stop to get out. I think we went round another twice before we managed to get out of it lol. Scott of course thought this was hilarious.

We headed back to our sun loungers to find Ramsay and Callum. Ramsay is there sunbathing but Callum the dare devil is off in search of more slides.

Me and Scott went looking for Callum and it's not long till we find him on this slide

We tell him about Roa's Rapids and the 3 of us head over. Callum gives this a thumbs up but also says it's a nightmare getting out of it lol

After a while we decide to leave here and go to Islands of Adventure. Today and tomorrow is going to be filled with doing the rides we loved the best all holiday.

We take some pics on the way out of Aquatica

TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 09, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
We pull into the car park at City Walk and head in the direction of IOA. Callum is desperate to ride the Hulk and Duelling Dragons again and i'm desperate to ride my favourite ride again...

We split up again as we only have a couple of hours left until the parks here close today and we want to do IOA and Universal. Callum and Ramsay head for the coasters and me and Scott go to the rides we want to do again.

First we ride One Fish Two Fish and I don't know how but I got drenched this time! Only problem is I have white trousers on today and they are see through when they're wet!... not a good look but I soon dried off and my bum became invisible again. Next we head for Cat in a Hat ride and have some fun on this again

We then sat on a wall eating pop corn waiting for the other two to arrive. They get to us about 5 mins later and we all head over towards Universal Studio's. Callum really wants to do Rip, Ride, Rocket but there's a 60 min wait and we don't have that much time. We manage to ride Men in Black (love this ride), the Simpsons (I sat this one out) then at the end we finished off with ET. This is another first for us and although scott was a wee bit scared to start with the really enjoyed it as soon as we sat on our bikes.

We left City Walk at 6.15pm and decided to go back to the hotel to get changed and go for dinner. Tonight was the night for us to go to Bahama Breeze. We pulled into the car park but it looked busy. Managed to get a space but was dreading the wait when we got into the restaurant. We asked for a table for 4 and they said it would be about 5 mins! Result! . They gave us a buzzer and we were buzzed and seated within a couple of minutes. First impressions of this place were really good. I loved the atmosphere in here.

I have the coconut shrimp, Ramsay had the wood fired chicken, Callum had Chicken tenders and Scott had Pizza. 10/10 for the food in here, it was delish. Me and Ramsay also had a dessert, I went for the banana suprise and Ramsay had the cheesecake. I thought the bill would have been really expensive but it was one of the cheapest meals of the holiday. It only came to $65! Well worth it and would highly recommend here to everyone.

After our meal we went for a drive to Walmart. Got some bits and pieces then headed back to the hotel about midnight.

Edited at 02:43 PM.
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 09, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

What a great read, i am so looking forward to going, your pics of Aquatica are great, really looking forward to seeing it
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 09, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Originally Posted by gilbert View Post
What a great read, i am so looking forward to going, your pics of Aquatica are great, really looking forward to seeing it
Thank you Aquatica is a brilliant water park, I think I prefer here to the Disney ones. I'm sure you won't be disappointed
Old 19 Nov 09, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Fan day, fab pics!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 09, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Fab day
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 09, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ThumperThistle
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day.
97,98: ASMu. 99,00,02: ASMo. 03: CB.04: POR,WL,POFQ.05: French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Dolphin. 06: Caribbean Beach, Boardwalk. 07: Royal Pacific, Swan. 08: Pop Century, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge. 09: Pop Century, Royal Pacific, Riverside, Beach Club.10: Coronado Springs,Contemporary,Hard Rock,Beach Club. 11: Coronado Springs,Hard Rock,Bay Lake,Yacht Club. 12: Old Key West. 13:OKW 14: OKW. 15: OKW. 16: Boardwalk. 17: POFQ 18:BC. 19: POFQ
ThumperThistle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 09, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
wjd
Imagineer

wjd's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day. We love Aquatica, great photos. BB is also fab. Fun day.

Forget the Prince on a horse, I want a VAMPIRE with a volvo.
wjd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 09, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
kaip
slightly serious Dibber

great report, got me all excited for my trip
Old 20 Nov 09, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
hi

sounds like you had a busy day

ive never been to aquatica and looking at your pictures, i really dont fancy it. It looks like hundreds of sunbeds on concrete, i think i will stick to disney water parks