Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 9 Dec 09, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

California & Vegas Sep 09 - Day 17

Day 17 - Thursday 17th September

Today was sadly the day we were heading home but luckily our flight wasn't until this evening so we still had the whole day pratically to enjoy.
We woke up about 9.30am (an improvement isn't it?) we had to finish the last of our packing and check out by 11am so had to be up a bit earlier. Once I was up, showered, ready and packed everything up I headed up to the computers to arrange a shuttle to take us to the airport this evening (talk about leave it till the last minute) so that done and supper shuttle booked to pick us up at 5.15pm. Back up to the room to hurry Darren up and we were soon checked out about 11.30 and left our cases at the hotel while we went of to enjoy our last day.
Walking towards the metro station at Hollywood & Highland to buy our one day Metro cards it felt extremely hot, well hotter than it had the last few days. Typical we're heading home and it's getting hotter Today we were heading to Beverly hills, being a huge pretty woman fan I had to go see it and check out Rodeo drive I also needed to go to Melrose Avenue as my friend wanted me to pick her up something from Marc Jacobs and I knew there was a shop there so we headed there first, annoyingly it was right at the other end of the road where we had got of the bus and it was a VERY hot walk to the other end, it certianly hadn't felt nearly as hot as this since we left Vegas which made it even more depressing knowing we were headed back to miserable english weather.

Mirror i had been asked to pick up in hand, it was about 12pm so we, well I decided we should go to the Grove shopping centre to see what we could spend our last of our money on plus I needed to look for a Juicy Couture shop for something else for my friend so we headed back to the bus stop and waited for the bus (it's pretty easy getting around LA via public transport I think and despite all the warnings about it being difficult to get around without a car we managed pretty well) we spent a couple of hours looking around here but I wasn't that impressed and didn't think it had that many shops though the Abercrombie store was huge.

It was now getting onto about 1.30pm and I wanted to check out Beverly hills still get some lunch and then we had to make sure we got back to the hotel before our shuttle was due to pick us up just after 5, so we headed off to the bus stop and tried to figure out how to get to Beverly Hills. It took a couple of buses to get there but we eventually did just after 2pm and by now Darren was fed up of walking about in the heat, gawd men do they ever stop moaning. We were both getting really hungry by now so pictures taken under a sign saying Rodeo drive (well, you have to don't you?) goodies that were needed from Juicy Couture purchased we looked for somewhere reasonable for lunch some places were quite clearly out of our budget but I spotted The Cheesecake Factory and as I had always wanted to try it but still hadn't i chose there. Chicken wings to start haha i probably didn't need to even tell you that its obvious by now and of course a burger for Darren and i fancied something healthy so opted for the chinese chicken salad which was delicious, i'd deffiently recommend

Stuffed from lunch and bill paid we headed back out into the heat and as it was approaching about 3.15pm i thought it was about time we started to head back as I didn't know how long it would take. Back to the bus stop via The Beverly Hills sign which of course I had to get my picture by, it was one of my tasks of the holiday

Pictures taken, we waited about 5 minutes for the bus which then got stuck in traffic and it took quite a while to get to where we had to get off and switch buses, it was about 4.15 when we were sat waiting for our next bus which finally arrived about 4.30 and starting to worry now we'd miss our shuttle it was about 4.50 when we got back to the Hollywood & Highland so we still had 25 minutes to get back to the hotel which was no problem it was only a 5 minute walk away, well to my horror when we was crossing at the lights by our hotel i noticed a super shuttle van pull out of our hotel and i panicked it was ours but it stopped at the lights where we crossed and i dedcided to ask the drive and yep i was right he was there to pick us up oops he was off to pick somebody up from the Renaissance as said he'd come back for us. We went into the hotel got all our bags and waited about 10 minutes for him to come back and we were sadly soon on our way to LAX to check in for our flight home

All checked in one of my suitcases slightly over weight again but nothing said, we headed through secruty had a couple of drinks at the bar in the departure lounge, bought some sweets, magazines and 2 flight pillows. Flight on time, we boarded and took our seats and sadly really were on our way home the flight was uneventful, food was AWFUL and my feet balloned like I had never seen before, i slept for most of it but Darren can't get comfy enough to sleep on planes. We landed at the expected time I think in Heathrow and collected our luggage and headed back to the Holiday Inn to pick up the car. The traffic was awful heading into London on the M4 and what should have been about an hours journey home actually took about 2 and a half, the last thing you want after a 10 hour flight . We arrived home and my mum was at ours waiting where she had a lovely dinner waiting and ballons and banners up plus a cake to say congratulations on the engagement which was lovely and so typical of my mum

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my trippies, it made it worth while doing them knowing i had some readers following along so thanks for all the lovely comments and until the next holiday thanks for sticking around till the end.

to you all
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 09, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Aw, thanks so much for finishing the reports, I've really enjoyed reading them and seeing your photos!

We went to Rodeo Drive and it was really hot when we went too, Sam got her photo with the sign, but we weren't that impressed, lol!

Oooh, cheesecake factory, we've eaten at the one in San Francisco, it was amazing, and oh yes, I was really surprised your ordered chicken wings!

Boy, you really do live dangerously, lol, not like me who always arrives everywhere too early! I've made a note of the time you booked your supershuttle for, as we will be using them next year, how long did it take to get to the airport?

Feel for you driving home after the flight, we will be staying over at Heathrow, no way could I face getting on another 'plane to Manchester after that long flight. Well worth the drive though, what a wonderful welcome home - well done Mum!

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 09, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Sarah thank you so much for taking the time to write your report - it will be lovely for you to read over in the future. I've really enjoyed reading it and you have some fab photos.

Glad you managed to eat at Cheesecake Factory - the salad looks yummmmmmy

Ah the drive back it a bummer.

You have a fab Christmas too hunny x
DisneyMadAng is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Dec 09, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
Aw, thanks so much for finishing the reports, I've really enjoyed reading them and seeing your photos!

We went to Rodeo Drive and it was really hot when we went too, Sam got her photo with the sign, but we weren't that impressed, lol!

Oooh, cheesecake factory, we've eaten at the one in San Francisco, it was amazing, and oh yes, I was really surprised your ordered chicken wings!

Boy, you really do live dangerously, lol, not like me who always arrives everywhere too early! I've made a note of the time you booked your supershuttle for, as we will be using them next year, how long did it take to get to the airport?

Feel for you driving home after the flight, we will be staying over at Heathrow, no way could I face getting on another 'plane to Manchester after that long flight. Well worth the drive though, what a wonderful welcome home - well done Mum!
Darren didn't like Beverly hills, espcially walking along Rodeo drive he can't stand snotty, rich people who look down there noses at people and the type of woman working in the shop like in Pretty Woman

haha i kno we cut it fine and when we got of the bus Darren wanted to run into a shop and get something but I was saying how we only had 15 mins or so till the shuttle came so we havent got time, good job we didnt go in or we wouldnt have spotted him pull out of the hotel. Erm I think it took about an 1 hour 45mins although we did make another couple of stops as we booked a shared shuttle.

Originally Posted by DisneyMadAng View Post
Sarah thank you so much for taking the time to write your report - it will be lovely for you to read over in the future. I've really enjoyed reading it and you have some fab photos.

Glad you managed to eat at Cheesecake Factory - the salad looks yummmmmmy

Ah the drive back it a bummer.

You have a fab Christmas too hunny x
Aww thank you Angelina, how could I not do it though after nagging you to make sure yours was finished before i went. I'll have to sit down weekend and read through it all, we keep looking at our pictures at the moment and its so depressing we both want to go back so much.
I'll deffiently be eating in The Cheesecake factory again, haha i remebered after eating about a 1/3rd of it to take a picture
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 09, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdtob
Excited about Disney

What a great read, thanks so much for finishing it - you really have put me to shame! I will finish mine one day Have really enjoyed reading what you've gotten up to and would love to do a west coast trip again one day soon! Sure I will be re-reading your trippies then!

As for the coming home part, I get really sad and depressed when we leave the US, but I keep saying to myself it wont be too long before I'm back because I love it there so much haha

Now, when does the pre - wedding report begin?
mrsdtob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 09, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazzy
Imagineer

Mazzy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
Darren didn't like Beverly hills, espcially walking along Rodeo drive he can't stand snotty, rich people who look down there noses at people and the type of woman working in the shop like in Pretty Woman

haha i kno we cut it fine and when we got of the bus Darren wanted to run into a shop and get something but I was saying how we only had 15 mins or so till the shuttle came so we havent got time, good job we didnt go in or we wouldnt have spotted him pull out of the hotel. Erm I think it took about an 1 hour 45mins although we did make another couple of stops as we booked a shared shuttle.

I didn't like it either, we went into a department store to find a loo, and omg, got in a lift with two women who gave us right dirty looks, guess they didn't think it was appropriate that we had shorts and baseball caps on, lol!

Oooh that was a long journey to the airport, think we will book our own shuttle, don't fancy going all round the gardens picking others up.

PREVIOUS TRIPS:
WALT DISNEY WORLD:
Dolphin:
MAY 1999, SEPT 2003, XMAS 2005, AUG 2007, APR 2008, APR 2009
Port Orleans Riverside
NOV 2000,
Port Orleans French Quarter APR 2005, OCT 2006
Polynesian: FEB 2007
Caribbean Beach SEPT 2008
DISNEYLAND PARIS: SEPT 1999, JAN 2002, MAY 2006
DISNEYLAND RESORT CALIFORNIA:
AUG 2007, JULY 2010
Mazzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 09, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

I feel really sad your holidays over

I have LOVED reading these trip reports they have been fantastic thank you so much for taking the time to share them, I also LOVE all your shoes I also too wear heels most the time even round the florida parks, i just feel better in them.

They have also given me loads of great ideas for our trip coming up in September, so i may be bugging you with a few little questions when i start to plan it (if thats ok!?!)

Do you have anything planned for next year holiday-wise?
Old 11 Dec 09, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsdtob View Post
What a great read, thanks so much for finishing it - you really have put me to shame! I will finish mine one day Have really enjoyed reading what you've gotten up to and would love to do a west coast trip again one day soon! Sure I will be re-reading your trippies then!

As for the coming home part, I get really sad and depressed when we leave the US, but I keep saying to myself it wont be too long before I'm back because I love it there so much haha

Now, when does the pre - wedding report begin?
Yes you must finish yours one day i was really getting into your report and you stopped posting tu tut i was patiently awaiting the new york part.

Well i was thinking of starting a pre wedding report I have on another Disney board but only because it has a different section for weddings but it won't be till 2012 so still feels a little early to post here

Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
I didn't like it either, we went into a department store to find a loo, and omg, got in a lift with two women who gave us right dirty looks, guess they didn't think it was appropriate that we had shorts and baseball caps on, lol!

Oooh that was a long journey to the airport, think we will book our own shuttle, don't fancy going all round the gardens picking others up.
yes, deffiently book a private shuttle i deffiently would if i was to do it again

Originally Posted by pinkcandy View Post
I feel really sad your holidays over

I have LOVED reading these trip reports they have been fantastic thank you so much for taking the time to share them, I also LOVE all your shoes I also too wear heels most the time even round the florida parks, i just feel better in them.

They have also given me loads of great ideas for our trip coming up in September, so i may be bugging you with a few little questions when i start to plan it (if thats ok!?!)

Do you have anything planned for next year holiday-wise?
Thank you, and glad I'm not alone in wearing heels most of the time even in the parks

Yes anything i can help you with ask away, i answer as many questions as I can.

Well im planning a surprise long weekend in NY from 3rd-7th June for mine and Darrens 4th anniversary, and i would like a week or so somewhere in the sun later in the year but we haven't decided where yet and we really need to think about saving for our wedding in 2012
Old 13 Dec 09, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Sarah, i've really enjoyed reading your trip reports! I'm off to San Francisco, Vegas, and hopefully LA, next summer, and after reading your reports, i'm tempted to try and squeeze in a few days in San Deigo too.

Loved all your heels too, and your love of MAC make-up, definately two of my favourite things too!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 09, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Great end to your trip, thanks for posting your report, ive loved it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List