Our Girls Finally Meet Mickey - Day 12 - Aquatica and shops

Day Twelve – Aquatica, shopping and a bang on the head

Saturday 6th June

Cast

Me – Tracey aka Chaffey 38
DH – Paul 42
DD1 – Millie or Mo nearly 5
DD2 – Olivia or Lopsey 2 ˝

Today was a well earned rest day of sorts. I was up and about just after 7.30am and took the opportunity to catch up with some washing. Paul was also awake but made the most of the girls having a lie in and decided that he needed to hold the bed down and spent ages reading his book.

With all the chores taken care of I decided to wake the girls at 9am and get them ready as we had decided that as we were so close to Aquatica we would give it a try. We left the hotel just after 9.30 and was parked up and heading for the entrance by 10. We knew that being the weekend it would be busy but we decided as the girls would probably only play in the kids area we would risk it. The place was absolutely heaving but we battled our way through the crowds, getting lost a few times as nothing seemed to be very clearly sign posted and finally found some loungers just by the entrance to Walkabout Waters.

We were all in the water by 10.30 and had great fun for the next 90 mins before the clouds rolled in and it got darker and darker.

By 12 the first drops of rain were felt and all the attractions were closed as there was thunder in the area. Well it didn’t take long for the thunder to be right above us and everyone was ushered from the area and told to take cover. We headed to the locker area and tried to squeeze in. After about 15mins I did manage to make it to the toilets so that I could get changed. As soon as the rain eased we decided to call it a day and head off and do some shopping. As we were leaving the parking lot they did start to open some of the rides but I think that this was to be short lived as we had storms on and off all day.

We made a quick stop at our hotel so we could leave all our wet gear rather than have it fester in the car, before we headed off to do shop shopping at the Premium Outlets. Before we started our mammoth shop we decided that our bellies needed a little top up. We decided against the food court and opted to have ham and cheese toasted ciabattas from the stall by the Disney Outlet store.:pop: The girls demolished theirs before I’d really had time to blink (well it is one of their favs from back home) and before my ciabatta had even arrived.

Filled we headed into the Disney shop where we managed to spend $60. We found Millie a High School Musical outfit that she wanted to wear at her birthday party for $25 normal price $50 so she was ecstatic. Paul also got her a HSM t-shirt. My god daughter had asked me to get her some Hannah Montana crocs for her birthday which I got for $15. The rest was spent on items for DD’s stockings for Christmas. I like to be well prepared.

Next we stopped at OshKosh, we seemed to be here for absolutely ages and the girls done very well for new outfits. Total spent was $77. The lady in front of me handed me a 20% off voucher just before she left so this helped in reducing our bill.

We continued on round and stopped at the Nike store. Paul went off with Olivia who was fast asleep in the buggy and Millie came with me whilst I looked for a new pair of trainers. Millie was being very helpful deciding which trainers I should try on. As I put a shoe box back on the shelf one of the metal racks that displays the trainers fell from the shelf and the corner caught Millie right on her temple. The scream was horrendous and the lump huge. I tried in vain to calm her down and as disgusting as this may soon I sucked her head as when I was a Nanny I was always informed that the saliva brings out any swelling.

After what seemed like ages the Manager came to have a look to see what had happened. He took one look at Millie and the look of panic in his eyes was just hilarious. I asked him to get me something cold so that I can compress it on her head to also help with the swelling. Another assistant asked if I needed her to call 911. I kind of got the feeling that if we had of been an American family the shop would have been sued for not making sure the shelf was attached properly. As it was, all I was worried about was calming Millie down. The manager returned with a glove filled with water that had been frozen and glasses of water for both of us. The water done the trick and Millie stopped the tears. Once he could see that Millie was ok and probably registered that we were an English family the guy offered us 20% off anything in the shop. At that point Paul came and found us to see if I had found anything I wanted totally oblivious to what had gone on. I asked him of he had heard Millie screaming and being a typical man said ‘oh I heard someone crying but didn’t realise it was Millie’. I was in two minds now as I really wanted a new pair of trainers and to make use of the 20% discount but part of me really just wanted to get out of there. I finally decided that as Millie had stopped the tears I would have another quick look and found a pair on new Walk Airs for the bargain price of $40. There was then loads of hassle at the till as the manager wasn’t around to give my discount. After I explained the reason why the discount was offered the lad on the till had everyone looking for someone who could authorise what had been agreed. Eventually it was agreed and we left and I can’t say I was in a hurry to go back.

Millie was fine but it took nearly two weeks for the lump and bruise to go completely.
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 10, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Paul wanted to stop at the Timberland store something that we do every trip. Normally he spends loads in here but this time he couldn’t find anything he liked. Lucky for me though as I managed to find a pair of timberland leather flip flops for $20.

We had a little bit more of a wander before Olivia woke up and we decided to make our way over to Downtown Disney. I hadn’t really registered that we were going here on a Saturday evening! The place was buzzing and the wait for the restaurants was over 2hrs. So rather than have two very tired girls we opted for McDonalds. The girls were more than happy with this and asked for Nuggets and chips. This is one meal that I know they will eat without protest.:pop: Both Paul and myself opted for Ľ pounder. The total for all four was $23.

The girls had been asking if they could have a Princess dress and Nana had said that we should buy them one each and she would give us the money back when we got home. So with this in mind we headed over to the World of Disney. I think the girls tried on most of the dresses in there and both ended up with Snow White and matching accessories.

We also picked up a couple of photo albums for all the pictures that I knew I would print off. Total spent $214. This was the only time I was asked for ID when using Travellers Cheques.

We then headed over to the Christmas shop where I wished that I could have bought loads but I was very good and only managed to spend $40 and $14 of that was on a My 1st Christmas bauble for Olivia’s godmothers dtr.

By now it was pushing 10 o’clock and the girls were asking for an ice cream. We went and looked at Ghirardelli’s but the queue was out the door and I wasn’t sure that I would still be awake by the time we had got it so we took the easy option of going back to McDonalds. We sat outside and all shared two ice-creams. It was a good job we did only get two as they were massive and if we had had anymore they would have gone to waste. These left us feeling rather full so we decided to head home to bed.

The normal routine happened, we carried the girls from the car fast asleep, changed them and tucked them into bed. Paul went back down and got all the shopping from the car before we both fell into bed at 11pm.

It hadn’t quite been the stress free relaxing day that we had hoped it would be but apart from the little accident we still managed to have a good day.

Tomorrow – Not quite Busch Gardens
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 10, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post

have read all the reports up to now, brilliant.
Can we have the last ones please ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 10, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post

I thought your two daughters looked adorable on the slide... until I saw them dressed as Snow White, WOW are they cute
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 10, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by dusty View Post
have read all the reports up to now, brilliant.
Can we have the last ones please ?
Day13 is ready to go, just need to add photos

Originally Posted by Minnie28 View Post
I thought your two daughters looked adorable on the slide... until I saw them dressed as Snow White, WOW are they cute
Thanks I know the dresses were expensive but they have had great fun pretending to be Snow White
Old 30 Mar 10, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Another great report. Glad Millie was okay. Can just picture the managers face, I had a similar response when I walked into a window (trying to get out revolving door) in the Nike store in New York.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 10, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Tartan Tigger View Post
Another great report. Glad Millie was okay. Can just picture the managers face, I had a similar response when I walked into a window (trying to get out revolving door) in the Nike store in New York.
Looking back on it it is quite funny just thinking of the horror on his face.

Looking after children for 11 years gave me some funny tips but helps me to remain quite calm most of the time
Old 30 Mar 10, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishrover
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 19
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Not much rest but a great day,
20% for a head bump? you can get 20% if you tell them its your birthday... shouldve milked it (but I know what its like when they get a real bump, it knocks you sick,so glad it wasnt serious)

Girls made a good choice with snow white, lil beautys!

>>>>
bren x

Irishrover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 10, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Irishrover View Post
Not much rest but a great day,
20% for a head bump? you can get 20% if you tell them its your birthday... shouldve milked it (but I know what its like when they get a real bump, it knocks you sick,so glad it wasnt serious)

Girls made a good choice with snow white, lil beautys!

>>>>
bren x
I'll remember that tip for next time not that I think I can manage another danger trip to Nike

Expensive but hey ho I wasn't paying and it was disney after all
Old 1 Apr 10, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
bel
Imagineer

bel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Aww, they look adorable in their snow white dresses
bel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List