Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Don't Squeeze Me I've Had A Cocktail - Day 2

Day 2 - Monday 22nd March 2010

Cast Members:

Me (Pam) - Trip co-ordinator and frustrated travel agent, Non-rider, people-watcher and official cocktail consumer

DH (Bill) - Captain of the GB snoring team, laid back enough to go along with all holiday arrangements made by me and big ride partner of

DD (Olivia) - Our very own yakking yeti, Dibb celebrity, soft toy collector, trainee stalker and all round great company

Woke up about 6am and got ready with again frequent stops to watch the cruise ships coming into the port.

Ships in port

McArthur Causeway

Bayside

We headed down to the bistro for some breakfast. It was a buffet and was OK but nothing special. After breakfast we went back up to the room and adjusted our luggage etc and added our cruise luggage labels and then just chilled for a while. We saw our ship coming into port and docking. I had a little nap as someone had kept me awake through the night snoring. Did a bit more surfing and then got our stuff together and headed downstairs about 10am to get a taxi over to the port. The weather had turned dull and drizzly but not enough to dampen our spirits. We left the bags with the porters and went to check-in. Livi was so excited and a fair bit of shaking and some squeaking was going on! We checked in and were given Zone 2 passes.

It was around 11:30 when we were called to board and we had our photo taken and were issued with our passes. Livi was ultra excited as she had a card she could charge to for the first time - eek! Could this be a big mistake? She insisted I take a photo of said charge card.

Welcome Aboard!

Liv's first charge card!

We went to the Lido deck and had a look round and a bit of food from the buffet which was very nice and the buffet was beautifully displayed. We went to the kids club to get Livi signed up and had a wander around the ship. Carnival Imagination is a much smaller ship than Navigator Of The Seas which we were on last and it's 15 years old but it was spotless and the crew ever so friendly. Everyone we meet says hello and welcomes us onboard.

I can see our hotel from here!

Cloudy Skies

I could live here!

At 1:30pm we head down to our cabin which is on the Upper Deck at the back No 222. It is also spotlessly clean with a large double bed and a bunk which pulls down from the wall for Liv. We met our room steward, Wilson from Haiti, he was really lovely and looked after us superbly during the cruise.

The luggage started to arrive very quickly and then Bill took Liv for a walk while I had a little nap to try to catch up on a little shut eye. They came back after an hour or so and I felt a little more refreshed. Livi had got an airbrush tattoo and they'd had a drink and a wander. We went to our muster station for the safety talk and then it was time to sailaway from Miami. The rain had stopped and the sun was out just in time for our departure. We both picked up a cocktail of the day which was a ‘Funship Special’ and went up on one of the front decks to enjoy the sailing out of port. We saw the Captain's dog on the bridge - a cute little Maltese - as we sailed out of Miami and waved to the people on the Norwegian Dawn which was docked next to us.

That's more like it!

One of them is mine!

This is NOT hers!

Fisher Island

Private Beach

Pilot boat seeing us off

We were on your time dining so we thought we'd eat early to help us get into the timezone so after we were clear of Miami we went back to the cabin and got ready to go down to dinner for 5:45pm. I had a little lie on the bed for a few minutes as those cocktails are really quite strong. This prompted Livi to jump on the bed and hug me which made me groan and cry “Don’t squeeze me - I’ve had a cocktail!’ We both started laughing and agreed that would be a good name for a trip report! We were seated straight away in the Pride dining room. Our waiter was Pandian from India and he was assisted by two guys from the Philippines - all really nice guys. All a bit of a haze on what we ate but I do remember I had ribs for my main course which I declared to be better than Manny's so they must have been good! Liv had the flatiron steak with pepper sauce and the melting choc cake and we both remarked that she did eat a lot and seemed to be very hungry! After dinner she went to kids club for introductions. Bill and I had a little stroll around the ship, a look in the shops and we stopped at one of the bars for a drink. We picked Livi up from kids club at 10pm which was pretty amazing for us as we’re normally ready for bed by about 8pm! Livi had already made a friend called Ella from Ohio who was on the cruise with her Mum, sister and grandparents. We were to see a lot of Ella over the next few days! We all turned in just after 10pm looking forward to Key West in the morning.

Edited at 09:12 AM.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 10, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Great to hear the background to the trip title. It all sounds amazing, can't wait to read more.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 10, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
pudge
Imagineer

pudge's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Fabulous pics, am liking the look of those cocktails
[/B][COLOR="Magenta"]2006 Crescent Lakes/New Port Richey, 2008 Highlands Reserve, 2010 Cumbrian Lakes (freebie) & Rolling Hills, 2012 Highlands Reserve, 2014 Bridgewater Crossing, 2015 Rolling Hills/HRH, 2016 Dibb villa Highlands Reserve/HRH & Vegas, 2017 Rolling Hills, Xmas 2018 Rolling Hills & RPR, 2019 Highlands Reserve, 2020 Highlands Reserve canx 2021 Emerald isle fingers crossed
pudge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 10, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
pepsicube
Imagineer

Sounds brilliant, glad the sun finally showed up!
pepsicube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 10, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

All looks great
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 10, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
woolamstiger
Excited about Disney

woolamstiger's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by pudg View Post
Fabulous pics, am liking the look of those cocktails
Me too could just drink one of those now lol! Great trippie so far looking forward to reading more
Old 6 May 10, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Looks brilliant Pam ...hope Liv didnt dent your bank balance too much

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 10, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Great start to the holiday, and great name for the trip report, hope you got many more cocktails on your holiday

Emma
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 10, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Nice looking cocktails!
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 10, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Like the reason behind the trip title!

I could sooooooo live in one of those villas with a boat also...
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List