Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Don't Squeeze Me I've Had A Cocktail - Day 5

Day Five - Thursday 25th March 2010

Cast Members:

Me (Pam) - Trip co-ordinator and frustrated travel agent, Non-rider, people-watcher and official cocktail consumer

DH (Bill) - Captain of the GB snoring team, laid back enough to go along with all holiday arrangements made by me and big ride partner of

DD (Olivia) - Our very own yakking yeti, Dibb celebrity, soft toy collector, trainee stalker and all round great company

Today was billed as a relaxing day at sea so we slept a bit later and Livi was still snoring after we were up and dressed. That’s the problem with these youngsters - no staying power. Once we roused her from her slumber she got into the swimsuit and we went up for some breakfast. She met up with Ella and went to have breakfast with her so we had a quiet breakfast on our own.

After this we had a walk round some of the shops as I had wanted to get some rum cake and then came back up to the pool deck to see if we could find some seats. Fortunately we found the girls who had a table in the shade and were tucking into yet more food. We commandeered their table and settled in by the pool and just relaxed watching the antics of the organised games. The girls played in the pool and were back and forward at intervals with ice creams, drinks, sweets and the like. We enjoyed a couple of cocktails of the day which today were ‘Ultimate Suntans’ and just relaxed in the lovely weather as the ship headed back towards Miami.

At 11am I took the girls to have some photos taken which had been arranged by the Kids Club. They turned out really well and the one with both girls made a lovely souvenir for them both.

Livi & Ella

I went back to the cabin in the afternoon to begin tidying up our stuff ready for packing as we had to have the luggage ready in the evening if we wanted them to transport it for us. I met up with Bill back on deck and we went down to the atrium bar for a drink - well OK a cocktail. Bill had a mojito and I had a pina colada. This is where we met up with Amy and her husband JT. I had exchanged a couple of posts with Amy on Cruise Critic and we said we’d look out for each other and posted some pictures but so far had no luck. We had just had our drinks delivered when she came over and asked if it was us so we had a good chat with them both and arranged to meet back at the atrium bar after dinner to share a bottle of wine.

Ella’s Mum had asked us to meet at the back of the ship for some photos before dinner so we headed off there at the appointed hour and got some nice shots before heading down to the dining room.

Before getting changed Livi wanted a pic of her tattoo so I obliged!

Livi, Ella and Layla

Ella & her family

We had a lovely last evening dinner with Pandian and the crew which included some quite entertaining Bollywood dancing and a marriage proposal from one of the guests. She said yes! Can’t remember all of the food consumed but I do know Livi had a Caesar salad to start and I had the tmato and mozarella salad and I think Livi and I both had the beef short ribs which were really lovely. Livi left after her main course as Ella had come to collect her so they scuttled off together to Kid’s Club who were doing a farewell party. I think they were both attracted by the promise of drinks & snacks being served. We finished up with our desserts and coffees and had a brief conversation with the couple at the next table who were I think from around New York. They were very pleasant but I have to say though we had been a little surprised earlier in the meal with the amount of food they ordered. Now we like a good scoff but this pair ordered and this is no word of a lie, a starter, a soup, a salad, 2 main courses EACH! They ordered 2 desserts but did share them! Now the portions weren’t huge in the restaurant but there is a lot of food available throughout the day and everyone had been on ship all day so not a lot of opportunity for being tired out from exercise! Not surprisingly they were both of a rather large build but it certainly gave us something to aim for! We did have a bit of a smile as it wouldn’t have occurred to us to order more than one dish each on each course! I know you often get a salad or soup included as part of a meal but they were distinct starters on this menu! We said our goodbyes to the crew and headed upstairs for a walk around until it was time for our meeting with Amy & JT.

Our waiter giving us a song!

Taken by Livi

And another!

The brightly lit atrium!

Picked the girls up from Kids Club at the appointed hour of ten to eight. They had said they wanted to spend the evening in our cabin watching a movie which was fine with us. I did make them come with us first to say hello to Amy and then they both went off to the cabin. We headed to the back of the ship out of the wind and spent a lovely evening chatting over a bottle of red. It turns out that JT is a nurse and served in the military in Kuwait so he had some stories to tell which we enjoyed greatly. His mother was English and he had lived in England as a child as his Dad was in the USAF and they lived quite near us spookily enough. We really enjoyed their company and had a great evening with them.

We said our goodbyes and went back to the cabin to find Liv asleep in our bed and a note on the side saying she was walking Ella home which she must have written earlier - she obviously came back and then fell asleep. We hoisted her into her own bed and we turned in ourselves with everything ready to leave the ship in the morning.

Apologies for the lack of photos today - for some reason we forgot during all the lounging around drinking cocktails and wine!
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 10, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like you had a lovely final day on the ship, love the photos of livi and ella took at the kids club, looking forward to next day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 10, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Really enjoying your report, we have never cruised, but this certainly makes me want to!

Looking forward to the next instalment

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 10, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post

beautiful photos of Livi, and seems Livi is a budding photographer herself :-)
Old 7 May 10, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Must show my DD the great close up of Livi's tattoo. Sounds like a fab day. Nice for the girls to have the photos taken at the kids club.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 10, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 10, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
simba
Imagineer

Lovely pics of the girls.

Never too old for Mickey and his Friends
simba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 10, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Loved this report and the photos were lovely of the girls...thanks for sharing your cruise with us :-).
Old 7 May 10, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

food looks lovely
Old 7 May 10, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What lovely pics. Sounds like you had a fantastic cruise.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List