Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Don't Squeeze Me I've Had A Cocktail - Day 10

Day Ten - Tuesday 30th March 2010

Cast Members:

Me (Pam) - Trip co-ordinator and frustrated travel agent, Non-rider, people-watcher and official cocktail consumer

DH (Bill) - Captain of the GB snoring team, laid back enough to go along with all holiday arrangements made by me and big ride partner of

DD (Olivia) - Our very own yakking yeti, Dibb celebrity, soft toy collector, trainee stalker and all round great company

A slightly more leisurely start this morning to visit Hollywood Studios which opened at 9am. Still felt early though when I got up! We had a lunch ADR for 1:30pm so I didn’t stop to have breakfast but Bill had some cereal and Livi had her trusty bagels.

We set off and arrived at the car park just before 9am. It looked very busy and they attendants were waving cars through the parking ticket booths so no-one was paying for parking today - well not close to opening time anyway.

We parked up and walked to the entrance and came at the entrance from the left hand side as you look at the entrance. I tell you this as they had a bag search area set up on the left side which meant we avoided the huge queue at the front of the park - result! We were soon in through the turnstile and did our usual routine of the two riders going to Tower Of Terror while I collected the FPs for Rock’n’Roller Coaster. Can’t remember what time was on them but it must have been around 11am or thereabouts. I went back over to ToT to wait for them to come off. At one point I thought I’d missed them as the wait time only said 10mins and they seemed to be a bit longer but it turned out the wait was a little longer and the guys at the front had forgotten to move the timings! The wait for them had been about 20mins and by the time we came out it was 70mins.!

We had a walk over towards the back of the park and on the way noticed that they were letting people into the Indiana Jones show so as we hadn’t watched it for a while we went in. We had really good seats very near the front and enjoyed seeing the show again.

When we came out Livi wanted to go on Star Tours so they went on there - wait was about 15 mins and I waited in the exit area for them to come off. We had a wander around the streets after that and Liv had her pic taken by the American Idol backdrop. There was a CM encouraging people to sign up so he handed her a microphone for the picture which was great - very nice of him!

We went into Sounds Dangerous as we’d never done this before - it was good fun. Olivia wanted to have a look in the Honey I shrunk the kids play area so she and Bill went in but it wasn’t long till they were back out again.

We thought we may watch the Muppets but the CM doing the queue made a real hash of it as she told us to wait at the front as there were only a few people waiting and she’d move the barrier when they came round the corner. As it turned out the line went all the way round the corner and down the back so don’t know where she was getting her info from! We decided to give it a miss and wander back to the front of the park to use our FPs.

Livi & Bill

Livi single rider

Livi & Bill both went on and then Livi used the last FP for another ride. By the time we had done this it was almost time for our ADR. It was quite hot by now and we were a little early but we decided to go and check-in as we could sit inside until they called us.

We made our way back over to the Sci-Fi Diner and gave them our name. A lot of people were coming in looking for tables but were being turned away. It wasn’t long before we were called in and Livi just loved the look of the place. We had never been before and it is really well themed. Livi & I sat in the front of a car ad Bill sat behind us. Our server was a bit miserable to be honest and she didn’t really engage with us at all. The food was OK but nothing special so I don’t think we’d rush back but it was nice to do it for the experience.

Livi ordered one of the kids choices as she didn’t fancy anything from the main menu. I ordered the spinach and artichoke dip which Livi shared with me - this was really nice.

Bill ordered the onion rings which he said were good but could have done with some dip to accompany them.

Bill & I both ordered the burger and fries and Liv ordered the mac ‘n’ cheese. The burgers were fine. I also had a lunar landing cocktail which was rather nice and it came with one of the colour changing ice-cubes so I took that away with me. We enjoyed watching the old cheesy movies while we finished our food. We didn’t have any desserts.

I went to the restroom and met the other two in the shop and Bill was chatting to a CM who came from Kings Langley which is where we used to have an office when we worked for BT. She was very nice and had lived in the US for about 20 years and was in charge of a number of the retail shops in the park. We had a chat for a little while and then we wandered back to the front of the park to the exit. The park was quite busy by now and we didn’t want to wait for any more rides.

We headed back to the car and then back to the house. Livi was keen to go for a swim so we had a sit down for a little while so Bill accompanied her over to the pool where she met up with some of the friends she had met there a couple of days earlier so she was happy.

I spent some time relaxing and reading my book on the balcony and I may have had a little snooze! I did also get some ironing done - honest! I also hand-fed this little visitor who turned up right outside my patio door!

This turned out to be the first of many visits!

In the evening we walked over to the Clubhouse and had some food there for our dinner as none of us were too hungry. I had a chicken Caesar salad, Bill had a steak sandwich and Livi had some pasta Alfredo. We chatted to some of the other guests and had a drink and then walked back to the house. On the way back we saw a shooting star. I had never seen one before and at first thought it must be a stray firework but no - it was actually a star.

We watched a bit of TV and then turned in after an episode of House. Back to park commando mode tomorrow as Magic Kingdom opens at 8am!

Edited at 07:29 PM.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 10, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
pepsicube
Imagineer

What! More cocktails?
pepsicube is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 10, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

Another great day, we have an ADR at Sci fi diner so it was great to see your pics. We have booked it more for the experience than the food, the burger looks fine- we wont starve.

Looking forward to MK

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 10, 05:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

A lovely day in MK followed by some time at the pool for Livvi. It's good that she makes friends so easily. Our daughter was just the same at that age and preferred pool time with friends over everything else
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 10, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Another fab day. Livi is so brave doing RnR as a single rider!

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 10, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great day had by all lovely pics again great report
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 10, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

nice one
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 10, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
another great day
Old 9 May 10, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Love your reports and photos.
Pity your server was not engaging with you, as it does add to the meal experience. We have never eaten there and dont think we will be rushing off to try it.
Old 9 May 10, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Wills
Imagineer

Another fab day. What another cocktail! Lovely photos too.