Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Don't Squeeze Me I've Had A Cocktail - Day 23

Day Twenty-Three - Monday 12th April

Cast Members:

Me (Pam) - Trip co-ordinator and frustrated travel agent, Non-rider, people-watcher and official cocktail consumer

DH (Bill) - Captain of the GB snoring team, laid back enough to go along with all holiday arrangements made by me and big ride partner of

DD (Olivia) - Our very own yakking yeti, Dibb celebrity, soft toy collector, trainee stalker and all round great company

We had a bit of a lie-in this morning and we were heading to Downtown Disney to finish off our Disney shopping with the benefit of another 20% off voucher which we had to use by noon! Our last full day and no parks but everyone was happy with this and we felt we had done everything we wanted to. We had a bit of breakfast in the house and generally got ready to go out with me doing a bit of packing at the same time. We had brought extra bags this time as we knew it was our last trip with 2 bags each so for once I had plenty of room for my purchases!

We drove over to Downtown Disney and parked up close to World Of Disney which was fortunately quiet and I got on with the shopping while Bill & Livi had a look around. Having the voucher certainly softened the blow and I got some good bargains. Once done Bill put the bags in the car and we headed over to the boats.

We had decided to take a look at Saratoga Springs as there was a possibility we would stay there in October if we rented some points form my friend so we thought we’d check it out.

We took the boat and we went to the Artist’s Palette counter service restaurant to grab some lunch.

View of T-Rex from the boat

Saratoga Springs from the water

Fultons Crab House

I’m pleased to say that the beef and blue sandwich may be no more at the Earl Of Sandwich but you can get one at the Artist’s Palette at Saratoga Springs so that was a very pleasant surprise as was the fact that the lady at the till said I could use my Tables in Wonderland card and gave me 20% off!

Beef & Blue sandwich

Caesar Salad

Bill & I both ordered the beef & blue and Livi ordered a Caesar Salad and they all came in neat little carry boxes. I had a diet coke and Livi and a club soda, Bill had a beer. We all enjoyed our lunch but as ever there was rather a lot of it, must have been half a pound of beef on the sandwiches - we could probably have shared one and it would have been plenty! You’d think after all these trips we’d have learned by now!

After lunch we had a bit of a wander around the resort and had a look at the pool.

Livi had a play in the arcade and won a $10 iTunes voucher on one of the games so she was very pleased with herself. It was a lovely resort but we weren’t sure if it was somewhere we wanted to stay. Bill wasn’t that keen on it - we couldn’t really put our finger on it but it just wasn’t doing it for us. I think to be honest we were spoiled when we stayed at the Boardwalk as there is just so much atmosphere there.

We headed back to the boat and got off at the Pleasure Island stop and had a walk through back to the Marketplace. We were going to have a ride in the balloon but it didn’t seem to be operating so we just had a wander and a look in some of the shops. We checked out the menu for Paradiso 37 and made a mental note to put it on our plan for October as the food looked very nice.

We headed back to the house and I continued with our packing while Bill & Livi went off for a last swim in the pool. I had a little nap as well while they were out!

When they came back we got ready to go out to dinner which we told Livi was at Bravo! up on Sand Lake Road.

We were actually going to her favourite Seasons 52 but wanted to surprise her. As we got in the car she said “Mum - do you think next time we could maybe go to Seasons 52?” I told her I’d put it on the list for next time and that we had wanted to try something different this time so were going to Bravo!

cont...
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 10, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
... cont

We drove up to Sand Lake and as we turned into the car park a voice from the back seat said “Mum - what have you done?” Bill & I were laughing at the serious look on her face as I told her we’d booked her favourite restaurant! We got out of the car and she was throwing her arms round us both and thanking us - she really does love her food!

We went in at were seated straight away in a booth and had a look at the menus. Can’t remember our waiter’s name but have to say he was the least friendly and engaging waiter we have had when eating here. He really had no small talk and wasn’t interested in any chat at all which was a shame as it does enhance the experience when you have a friendly server. He was still very efficient but just distant.

We got on with the ordering Bill ordered a Sushi plate which was on as a special, I ordered the Honeyed Chicken Skewers with pineapple and mango salsa, Livi ordered her favourite Sonoma Goats Cheese Ravioli with roasted garlic and sweet basil in a light tomato broth.

Chicken Skewers

Goat cheese ravioli

Sushi selection

Love the glasses here!

For main courses Bill ordered the Roasted Crab Stuffed Shrimp with a medley of fresh market vegetables in a light garlic sauce, I ordered the Wood Roasted Pork Tenderloin on soft corn polenta, fresh leaf spinach, cremini mushrooms and sherry glaze. Livi ordered the Grilled Rack Of New Zealand Lamb with red bliss potatoes, asparagus, balsamic onions & Dijon sauce.

Crab stuffed shrimp

Pork Tenderloin

Rack Of Lamb

The food was good as usual and we all enjoyed the meal. We ordered a bottle of red wine but I can’t remember which one and we had our usual sparkling water.

There was a pianist playing in the bar tonight which was new for us and we had to laugh as he seemed to play everything at the same tempo. Slow or fast it all seemed to have a bit of a cha cha beat so that kept us amused during the meal as he truly gave a new slant on some of the classics!

For desserts we had our choices from the shot glasses. I had a Key Lime Pie and a Raspberry & Mango cream, Bill had a Mocha Macciato and Livi had a Rocky Road and then another Rocky Road.

1st Rocky Road

Key Lime Pie

Moch Macciato & Raspberry & Mango Cream

1st Rocky Road

2nd Rocky Road

We didn’t have coffee as we had the idea that we could catch the IllumiNations fireworks at Epcot if we left in time. We then went on to think that we may be able to catch Wishes too at Magic Kingdom at 10pm. So, we were all up for that and we got the bill and headed off to Epcot!

We got to Epcot with about 15 mins to spare and we got a space at the front of the lagoon and the show was great as always. We did notice that we had a very different perspective on the show just from standing in a different spot and we really enjoyed it. When it finished there was no time to lose so we marched back to the car as quickly as we could and drove round to Magic Kingdom.

We parked up and hurried to the monorail which we thought would be quicker and we just missed one! While we were waiting the attendant called Olivia over and asked her if she’d like to work the monorail when it came in. Needless to say she was off and behind the barrier and at the console straight away. When the train came in she had to push the button that opened the doors to let the people off and then push the one that opened the doors to let us on. She came back and got on the front carriage with us and got another monorail card from the CM. She was really pleased and it was a lovely moment.

We did the bag check and we were on Main St in plenty of time for Wishes. We didn’t go very far in just stood at the bottom of the street and watched the show. A great last evening to go to both fireworks displays! Livi did shed a few tears.

Once it was finished we headed out to get the boat back to the parking area. It was very busy with a lot of people going to the boat but it was worth it and we were soon on the ferry and back to the car.

We drove back to the house and I think we’ll remember our double fireworks evening for a long time!

Edited at 12:25 PM.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 10, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkers
Imagineer

Wow, what a lovely last evening. The food at Seasons 52 looks great and 2 firework shows!

Hilton Head April 2018
China & Japan Sept 2018
Portugal Oct 18
Tinkers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 10, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a lovely evening, wonderful food and two sets of fireworks, sounds perfect to me

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 10, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
What a lovely last day, Pam.

The food at Artists palette looks very good, and I just love the brown boxes

Seasons 52 looks as good as ever, and Olivia looks so grown up!

And Illuminations and Wishes all on one evening...your holiday really did end with a bang
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 10, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post

An amazing last evening.
Like the look of Seasons 52 - where is it?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 10, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Sorry Lindsey - don't see your question. It's on Sand Lake Road at Plaza Venezia. If you look it up on Google Maps you'll see where it is in relation to I-Drive and the I-4. You do need to keep an eye out for it as it's a bit tucked away in the plaza at the back with some other restaurants and not immediately obvious from the road.

Pam.
Old 27 Aug 10, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hross42877
Imagineer

Great Day and fab pics!

Holiday Inn I-Drive (Honeymoon!) Oct2003 /Quality Inn Plaza Feb 2005
Sheraton Studio City International Drive Oct 2010/2012/2013
Animal Kingdom Kidani Village Oct 2014/2016/2018/2023
Atlantis Palm Dubai? 2024
hross42877 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 10, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely day and what a lovely daughter you have. You must be very proud of her! Gill x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 10, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Oooo I'd love to win an iTunes voucher. Was Livi happy with it or would she have rather had another soft toy?
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List